Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I do leg press cos I have weak quads relative to my back

I usually squat twice a week and leg press oxe if I'm incorporating them

Remember to have your feet close and go down as far as possible for maximum quad pump action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MikeCrotch posted:

Remember to have your feet close and go down as far as possible for maximum quad pump action

Then the one-legged version

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

doverhog posted:

I tried to get Finnish public medicine to test my T levels, but when they asked if I feel weak or tired, god compelled me to tell the truth, and I said no. So, they only tested liver, kidney, sugar, etc. levels, and I was in healthy range in all.

Last time I tried to convince a doc to test my T levels I went overboard with the explanation and his reaction was just "dude, go see a shrink seriously" :v:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

MarcusSA posted:

Also if you have smaller balls it makes your dick look bigger so I’m not seeing the problem here.

Why do you think so many bros skip leg day?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

MikeCrotch posted:

Use weightlifting shoes if you have them as well to maximize your suffering.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
help i cant drink dairy what is the magic juice to make me gain weight

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ZionestLord posted:

:gizz:

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

if i eat my own is that still a net gain or is this where i find a "spotter" i think its called?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

ZionestLord posted:

if i eat my own is that still a net gain or is this where i find a "spotter" i think its called?

That is why we only have spotters when bench pressing, it's also the best position for protein supplementation.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZionestLord posted:

Almond milk with protein powder

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I had big balls and low T around 200, but my low T was probably from opiate abuse, if that makes a difference. Since I've been on TRT my balls have shrunk a bit for sure, thank god because big balls suck. That's not a brag, there is no point to big balls at all imo, other than to accidentally sit on.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

doverhog posted:

I tried to get Finnish public medicine to test my T levels, but when they asked if I feel weak or tired, god compelled me to tell the truth, and I said no. So, they only tested liver, kidney, sugar, etc. levels, and I was in healthy range in all.

Just go to a private clinic. You have a higher chance of winning the lottery than getting replacement therapy from a public doc here, even if you had test levels of an 8 year old girl.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Metanaut posted:

Just go to a private clinic. You have a higher chance of winning the lottery than getting replacement therapy from a public doc here, even if you had test levels of an 8 year old girl.

I'm not trying to get TRT I was just curious about my levels, I know I could get it tested privately.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

ZionestLord posted:

4 cups soy milk, 1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops chocolate plant based protein powder, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, one frozen banana, creatine, and a few teaspoons of honey. blend until creamy and delicious.

it’s like ~1000 calories and 60 grams of protein with no dairy.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If you're asymptomatic your test levels don't matter since there is pretty much no difference between the high and low normal range. It's probably best you didn't find out out of curiosity because if it was on the low end it could effect you psychologically even if it wasn't physically.

People's obsession with testosterone is misplaced.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"test isnt real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and lift one plate with my lovely bench

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
My tested bench max is 90 kg ~ 198 lbs i'll report back if I get into seriously training bench.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Testosterone obviously has an effect on you. But in my experience not a huge one

I've done steroids as well (testosterone injections) and while I did get stronger I didn't suddenly turn into the hulk. It was very marginal... And that was with A LOT of extra testoterone. I imagine if you're naturally low on testosterone it might affect your mood a bunch but I doubt it'd affect your strength a lot

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 5, 2019

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Testosterone obviously has an effect on you. But in my experience not a huge one

I've done steroids as well (testosterone injections) and while I did get stronger I didn't suddenly turn into the hulk. It was very marginal... And that was with A LOT of extra testoterone. I imagine if you're naturally low on testosterone it might affect your mood a bunch but I doubt it'd affect your strength a lot

did it affect hypertrophy?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I took test once and quadrupled my bench and also hosed a new hole into the wall mirror at the gym.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ham_sanitizer posted:

did it affect hypertrophy?

Of course it did. But like, afterr 12 weeks I still looked the same at the end only with slightly more mass everywhere. Emphasis on slightly. I added 40kg on deadlifts but not more than that

I imagine if you do a lot of these cycles you'd end up looking like a greek god though

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't forget your to charge your jo crystal before heavy weeks.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't forget your to charge your jo crystal before heavy weeks.

Dammit...:negative:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

Use weightlifting shoes if you have them as well to maximize your suffering.

I'm going to do this partially because leg press will be right after squats so I don't want to change shoes. Close/low stance plus shoes (and sleeves because I'm old) and I'm going to make my quads cry.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Of course it did. But like, afterr 12 weeks I still looked the same at the end only with slightly more mass everywhere. Emphasis on slightly. I added 40kg on deadlifts but not more than that

I imagine if you do a lot of these cycles you'd end up looking like a greek god though

gotcha. just curious...i know zero about anabolics.

40 kg seems pretty good to me in terms of strength gains, but then again i’m not strong

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

ham_sanitizer posted:

gotcha. just curious...i know zero about anabolics.

40 kg seems pretty good to me in terms of strength gains, but then again i’m not strong

40kg in 12 weeks is a shitload if you're an intermediate/advanced lifter...

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VorpalFish posted:

Yeah putting on another plate is my goal for like, the end of the year

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

I would like 8 years of gains in 12 weeks.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
On the "pain is subjective" talk a few pages ago: I've had tightness in my left thigh that got really bad at night for a while. I rolled my ankle on the same side yesterday and my thigh doesn't hurt anymore!

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Dum Cumpster posted:

I would like 8 years of gains in 12 weeks.

Good news, friend! Apparently the secret is test.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pulled a muscle in my lower back and now I can't walk properly

just gonna lay around and eat salami until it stops hurting

good thing I can do my job laying on a couch with a laptop

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I skateboard 2 miles to the planet fitness then do 3 tabatas of battle ropes, then squat jumps, burpees, pushups, situps, and the last is just freestyle martial arts and by then everyone has left me alone in that particular area of the gym because I'm clearly a loving reject.
And then I skate back home to shitpost

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Why don't you just buy battleropes for at home and do your whole workout there? Other than the space and ropes you aren't using anything else.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

soy posted:

pulled a muscle in my lower back and now I can't walk properly

just gonna lay around and eat salami until it stops hurting

good thing I can do my job laying on a couch with a laptop

i be steady posting links to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc

RE: testosterone

There was a big shitshow of a thread on the Barbell Medicine facebook group about trans athletes the other day and Dr. Feigenbaum came in with some information that blew my mind:

(he's talking about natural testosterone levels, not supraphysiological doses)

Apparently their view on testosterone and training is in these videos, which I'll admit I didn't know about until that thread and haven't watched yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDuMGoK-1JA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8De3Eww3Bc

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't quite get that statement, because by controlling for LBM aren't you removing the thing that testosterone most directly affects?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Helios Grime posted:

Why don't you just buy battleropes for at home and do your whole workout there? Other than the space and ropes you aren't using anything else.

Then I would be a 100% shut in except for work. some need human contact and some need to reject human contact, if that makes sense. I'm socially anti social. I gotta get out and ignore people
E I also just baked brownies with a 1/2 cup of protein powder if you want to come over
E2 and anyway my lifestyle focus is on mobility. I could drive to work, or the gym, or GameStop or whatever but instead I choose skateboarding. It's like leg day every day and when the zombie apocalypse occurs I won't be caught with my dick out when cars and gasoline shortages become a thing. I've been traveling 4+ miles regularly and with great speed; it's the superior method of transportation and you find interesting things on the ground all the time. Plus I look cool asf not like the corpulent adipose golems like 99% of America. Cars and smartphones are mentally retarded and lazy
I own both a car and a phone but I choose skateboarding and a loving notebook and pen and Im peak physical health more or less effortlessly

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 5, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

VorpalFish posted:

Nah I'm weak

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also I lost a lot of strength once I stopped taking testosterone. I kept some of the gains. Today, about a year later, I'm lifting at the level of my steroid cycle but naturally instead

I might do another cycle again sometime, who knows. It's a lot of hassle and kind of gross to have to deal with needles tho

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Sjs00 posted:

Then I would be a 100% shut in except for work. some need human contact and some need to reject human contact, if that makes sense. I'm socially anti social. I gotta get out and ignore people
E I also just baked brownies with a 1/2 cup of protein powder if you want to come over
E2 and anyway my lifestyle focus is on mobility. I could drive to work, or the gym, or GameStop or whatever but instead I choose skateboarding. It's like leg day every day and when the zombie apocalypse occurs I won't be caught with my dick out when cars and gasoline shortages become a thing. I've been traveling 4+ miles regularly and with great speed; it's the superior method of transportation and you find interesting things on the ground all the time. Plus I look cool asf not like the corpulent adipose golems like 99% of America. Cars and smartphones are mentally retarded and lazy
I own both a car and a phone but I choose skateboarding and a loving notebook and pen and Im peak physical health more or less effortlessly

This is such a goony post, I love it. :discourse:
Not hating, seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I mean if you are 13 and it is the early 90s then i agree that you lool cool as hell and also bad rear end