Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

BigHandsVince posted:

Yeah, after telling me that it wasn't going to happen, and I bought it from Germany.

I think license fuckery was probably to blame, there's all sorts of complication with the Tetris license in different territories still, I think.

Get it though, it's sweet.

Oh yeah i got it digitally and i had a good time with it but I'm a bit miffed at how much i paid to stick with digital when i could have sold on a physical copy

Neat game but kinda underwhelming at full price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

CrRoMa posted:

Oh yeah i got it digitally and i had a good time with it but I'm a bit miffed at how much i paid to stick with digital when i could have sold on a physical copy

Neat game but kinda underwhelming at full price

If you're not a fan of Tetris anyway, I can see £40 being a lot to ask for it.

I've been waiting for something like this for a while now, Thoroughly enjoying it as a de-stresser.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

JBP posted:

Yeah poo poo what's going on with this? All reports painted it as not being good, but gently caress everyone. That God drat Shinkawa art!

Does anybody know? I just learned it is sent in the Front Mission game universe.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Samurai Sanders posted:

How so? It sure looks like a lot of other games.

Certain games just play better or feel tighter, kind of like Celeste Vs Exile's End. Apex just handles better then Realm Royale or even Fortnite.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anora posted:

Certain games just play better or feel tighter, kind of like Celeste Vs Exile's End. Apex just handles better then Realm Royale or even Fortnite.

This is no surprise if it's using TF2 as a base because that game is tight as a drum

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

lol I didn’t mean for my initial completed Celeste post to seem quite so negative. I really loved it!!!!! I was just tired and crabby from dying like 1000+ times in chapter 7 haha

thank you to everyone except Regy Rusty who can eat a dick!!!

:twisted:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t know what it is about Apex Legends but it’s so nice to okay. I usually find BR either stressful or too slow but something about this one is just right. I can’t stress enough how well done the non verbal communication mechanics are. I’ve only played solo queued games. No one has said anything via mic. Each game has seen the personalities of the players come out strong. There’s always a leader, always someone who happens to be a great spotter. It’s a good game. If you’re on the fence give it a download.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, Apex Legends does a good job of making you able to play with a team even if you don’t like talking to randos over a mic, which makes it better than pretty much any BR game besides BLOPS 4’s blackout’s solo mode.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm absolutely garbage at Apex Legends, as I am at all other BR / FPS games, but this one has retained my attention for longer than all the others simply because of the nonverbal communication cues, as well as the specific roles that Legends can play.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I never turn off voice chat in multiplayer games, at worst someone obnoxious is going to make me burst out laughing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Montalvo posted:

I'm absolutely garbage at Apex Legends, as I am at all other BR / FPS games, but this one has retained my attention for longer than all the others simply because of the nonverbal communication cues, as well as the specific roles that Legends can play.

Having character abilities makes a big difference, too, it gives you SOMETHING you can use to get away if someone comes across you before you have enough firepower to stand and fight.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

If I’m gonna start Ace Combat 5, is Easy or Normal a comparable difficulty to Ace Combat 7’s Easy?

AC5 lacks the “high G” turning of AC6 onward so the dogfights against the boss type enemies can be a fair bit more annoying than 7 because you are expected to kill them. The bosses don’t move nearly as much as the ones in 7 though. What they typically do is follow a set pattern of turning until they hit a point where they level out briefly and can be hit, the challenge is following them until that point.

All that said I think the only big thing difficulty changes is how much damage you take before you die and maybe how much time missions give you.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Yo why did the Death Stranding thread get archived and is there a new one?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out a tactic for beating Mihaly and the drones with standard missiles and guns: I’d run far away and when they’d start heading in my direction I’d turn around and play jousting/chicken with them. Otherwise I could almost never turn hard enough to catch their tails.

Get the qaam.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yo why did the Death Stranding thread get archived and is there a new one?

last post was in october and theres been nothing since apart from fake get your hopes up ARGS and poo poo. last rumour was the game was out in march but unlikely now. still might be this years, fall time maybe. not much else to talk about to fill a thread at the moment!

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

We did it little buddy...
Has there been any indication that the AC7 demo will be coming to NA?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Need some details on this

Real hurthling! posted:

You must steer a needle into your characters own eye

I need to add to this from a few pages back because it’s such a fantastic moment.

In Dead Space 2 (and Dead Space) the action of entering a machine (like seen here) is a cutscene in itself Not unlike entering an upgrade shop. You then get locked in place and the surgery laser lights up and... nothing.

You’re wondering if anything is wrong and you probably move the joystick to maybe trigger a prompt and then the laser moves and it hits you YOU’RE OPERATING ON YOURSELF. It was such a what the gently caress moment added with the dynamic of the faster you go the more anxious Isaac gets and the more his eye moves. But if you go too slow the nervousness ramps up as well so it’s this balance of poking yourself in the eye while driving the machine yourself.

And of course if you gently caress up the game delivers in spades.

EDIT: this video does a good job showing the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPitqV4wWTM

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 5, 2019

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

last post was in october and theres been nothing since apart from fake get your hopes up ARGS and poo poo. last rumour was the game was out in march but unlikely now. still might be this years, fall time maybe. not much else to talk about to fill a thread at the moment!

Sure, okay. But why close the thread?

My super spicy take is that Death Stranding will be a PS5 game not PS4.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now that I think about it, were the Dead Space games a single-take presentation? The first one is automatically disqualified because it had load points, but the second one streamed everything and it absolutely did the thing where you seamlessly enter and leave scripted sequences. I actually don't remember if it had mid-level cutscenes where you lose camera continuity, I remember lots of places where it quite spectacularly didn't like the multiple times Isaac gets flung out into space for QTEs.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 5, 2019

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Look Sir Droids posted:

because its my understanding that if no one posts in a thread for a long while it automatically falls into the archive.

also its gonna be fun when you're wrong and we're playing this masterpiece on a ps4 in september.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

because its my understanding that if no one posts in a thread for a long while it automatically falls into the archive.

also its gonna be fun when you're wrong and we're playing this masterpiece on a ps4 in september.

September 2020 maybe

I don't think Kojima or Sony wants to split platforms again. And releasing at the end of a console's lifespan would be a dud.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 5, 2019

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haveblue posted:

Now that I think about it, were the Dead Space games a single-take presentation? The first one is automatically disqualified because it had load points, but the second one streamed everything and it absolutely did the thing where you seamlessly enter and leave scripted sequences. I actually don't remember if it had mid-level cutscenes where you lose camera continuity, I remember lots of places where it quite spectacularly didn't like the multiple times Isaac gets flung out into space for QTEs.

The first game actually sort of tried to hid the load points by zooming into the tram map when you were traveling between levels. I mean, you could obviously tell it was loading but it was a nice move.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was thinking about loading last night when playing Resi2, it died a really good job of hiding any load screens

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Look Sir Droids posted:

September 2020 maybe

I don't think Kojima or Sony wants to split platforms again. And releasing at the end of a console's lifespan would be a dud.

End of console lifespan is the best time to release a game, wtf

Also, the Ps5 still hasn't even been announced, it's at least a 2021 release, at best.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Look Sir Droids posted:

Its advertised as a ps4 game

Walmart in some euro country listed it as q2 2019 a few months ago. (GoW had no date until february for an april launch btw)

Kojima said the game would be out this year because his personal deadline is the date of the events in the film akira

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Samuringa posted:

End of console lifespan is the best time to release a game, wtf

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

(GoW had no date until february for an april launch btw)

This is also the reason why The Last of Us pt II is coming out in June loving prove me wrong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah....
June 2022:agesilaus:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

prove me wrong :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
How long can I expect doing all the niflheim stuff in God of War to take? Wondering if it's worth investing the time to try and play the game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fridge corn posted:

How long can I expect doing all the niflheim stuff in God of War to take? Wondering if it's worth investing the time to try and play the game

Have you finished the story? That stuff is fun but do it at the end and stop when it's not fun any more.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JBP posted:

Have you finished the story? That stuff is fun but do it at the end and stop when it's not fun any more.

I haven't finished the story yet im about to retrieve mimirs other eye from the world serpent I think I must be getting close

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

fridge corn posted:

All I remember is it did not take as long as I initially thought going in. I remember thinking it was gonna be a pain to finish for the platinum, but I was able to complete everything fairly quickly. Maybe 2-3 hours?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Searing Gas Pain Land lasted me like an entire play session to finish, but it wasn't that bad. I did it more for the yellow tier armor you could buy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is also the reason why The Last of Us pt II is coming out in June loving prove me wrong

Im getting powerful univeral vibes that its days gone/death strand this year ghosts/last of us next year with some big new tranche of games announced that we can wait half a decade for sometime in between.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

woh wait For Honor going to be a PS+ game? About time

I played it on released. It seems they fixed a lot of the issues, then dropped a patch and ruined everything and made certain things too OP, but idk

I’m down for free

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

woh wait For Honor going to be a PS+ game? About time

I played it on released. It seems they fixed a lot of the issues, then dropped a patch and ruined everything and made certain things too OP, but idk

I’m down for free

I thought it was already free, or at least going f2p soon?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ubi games dont go free to play they make big money off selling seasons

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

fit em all up in there posted:

I didn’t play RE 5 or 6 in co op

Maybe I should one day

If you ever feel like it, friend me. PSN: Tensai7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

Kojima said the game would be out this year because his personal deadline is the date of the events in the film akira

Come on men, we are going to the Olympics!