Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hackbunny posted:

Movie genius, absent-mindedly nibbling lead paint chips dipped in paste: I'll cast a non-actor in the leading role

Why do you hate The Florida Project?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think it's indicative of anything other than the Wendy's twitter got some positive response a couple years ago (also the Steak'ums one) and now everyone is scrambling over themselves to copy because that's all advertisers do really.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bLq4466LM

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i originally thought steakumms was a fake brand that somebody had made up and was trying to bully and/or trick twitter into giving them a checkmark and other preferential advertiser treatment and it was a lot funnier that way

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

i originally thought steakumms was a fake brand that somebody had made up and was trying to bully and/or trick twitter into giving them a checkmark and other preferential advertiser treatment and it was a lot funnier that way

that would have been considerably more entertaining

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

im kind of worried the sunny d thing was an actual cry for help from the human who wrote it and its just being disguised as woke branding

advertisers are still people but the thing is that they're bad people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The account is a pro follow:

https://twitter.com/BrandsSayingBae

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

You could probably start a product line that way, cram a productless brand into existence through social media and paying the right people enough money, then license it out to some actual thing later on. Similar to how Trader Joe's operates but without the store, just a gravity well of BRAND strong enough to pull actual commerce into its orbit.

I don't really think this would succeed but there are certainly investors who think it would.

It's probably happened already.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

You could probably start a product line that way, cram a productless brand into existence through social media and paying the right people enough money, then license it out to some actual thing later on. Similar to how Trader Joe's operates but without the store, just a gravity well of BRAND strong enough to pull actual commerce into its orbit.

I don't really think this would succeed but there are certainly investors who think it would.

yeah this is the instagram egg

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

This is pretty much what influencers do

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"famous for being famous" has been a thing for a while

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wrestling is acting bitch

Bad acting, yes

Paladinus posted:

Why do you hate The Florida Project?

You're wrong, I love Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence Ryuichi Sakamoto's cringe-worthy performance and all

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/theplaylist/status/1092841169934077952?s=21

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

getting millions of dollars to do an activism... drat she’s good

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudnMLzZjTg

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is that why she looks so bored in all the trailers?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Who are the villains? Space bigots?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Shaocaholica posted:

piccolo from the live-action dragonball movie

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

Illegal immigrants.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

communist alien spies pretending to be americans humans

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shaocaholica posted:

They Live but fascist

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i like how they keep promoting this movie as being big in the marvel universe because its going to get into the war between the krull and the scree as if this is some kind of legendary rivalry like rome and carthage have any of the movies even mentioned these aliens before why are they assuming anyone is going to care

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gonna be funny if it flops and suddenly Infinity War 2 is based around a new character no one cares about. We might see them go full Poochie.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

super sweet best pal posted:

Illegal immigrants.

You’re not wrong. Are they all criminals tho?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Shaocaholica posted:

You’re not wrong. Are they all criminals tho?

When the Skrull send their people, they're not sending their best.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gonna be funny if it flops and suddenly Infinity War 2 is based around a new character no one cares about. We might see them go full Poochie.

they’ve got it for release in March which looks pretty loving dire for movies, it’ll be up against Hotel Mumbai, Dumbo, and the Expendables 4.

maybe the new Tyler Perry movie looks good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wow those are all real movies i mean i figured they were but my brain reacted with such hostility at the concept i had to look them up anyway

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The marketing for this movie keeps trying to pull a Wonder Woman and I don’t think it will work

Th only time captain marvel was good was when rogue stole her powers and left her in a coma. Rogue was badass in the cartoon flying around with captain marvels powers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Guy TT posted:

i like how they keep promoting this movie as being big in the marvel universe because its going to get into the war between the krull and the scree as if this is some kind of legendary rivalry like rome and carthage have any of the movies even mentioned these aliens before why are they assuming anyone is going to care

I think technically they mentioned the skrulo/chitauri in the first avengers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terror Sweat posted:

The marketing for this movie keeps trying to pull a Wonder Woman and I don’t think it will work

Th only time captain marvel was good was when rogue stole her powers and left her in a coma. Rogue was badass in the cartoon flying around with captain marvels powers

What about when she gave birth to her husband from the future

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the "marvel cinematic universe" stuff sounds like the most grognardy poo poo, like worse than dungeons and dragons. whoever managed to convince regular moviegoers that inane levels of complexity that turns your poo poo into an incoherent mess is an acceptable substitute for a story that doesnt suck rear end or at least actually makes sense, when just like ten years ago that was strictly the milleu of nerdy obsessives, hit on a gold mine

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im looking forward to the next blockbuster fantasy media property, which will be written entirely by the dwarf fortress world generator

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

the "marvel cinematic universe" stuff sounds like the most grognardy poo poo, like worse than dungeons and dragons. whoever managed to convince regular moviegoers that inane levels of complexity that turns your poo poo into an incoherent mess is an acceptable substitute for a story that doesnt suck rear end or at least actually makes sense, when just like ten years ago that was strictly the milleu of nerdy obsessives, hit on a gold mine

It is, in all honesty, literally comic books as movies

Welcome to my hell

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Shear Modulus posted:

It's because of this I literally can't watch a super hero movie without my boyfriend answering my questions every five minutes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boatmurdered cinematic universe

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

im on the net me boys posted:

It's because of this I literally can't watch a super hero movie without my boyfriend answering my questions every five minutes

Questions?

"What just happened?"
"Magic."

The end!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

phasmid posted:

Questions?

"What just happened?"
"Magic."

The end!

It's more like "who is this, what are they talking about" because it's difficult to keep track of even the things from the films I did watch

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

im on the net me boys posted:

It's more like "who is this, what are they talking about" because it's difficult to keep track of even the things from the films I did watch

I just supplant everything I don't know with magic. New Arc Reactor? Magic. Mr. Fantastic built a plane that can bend time or whatever? Magic.

Try it. You won't miss a single thing.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
super hero movies are loving catnip for shitlibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Low Desert Punk posted:

super hero movies are loving catnip for shitlibs

Thanos was such a pussy for not killing everyone.