Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheManSeries posted:

Eh gently caress it. Its not worth it.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yo can someone sell me on the katamari damacy lp? I wasn't digging the first two eps and jumped off to ZOE2 and fell off cause I find woolie & friend's energy too dull to stay engaged. ZOE2 seems hopeless cause there's just so much silence but does katamari pick up and get better? I guess I'm asking do they ever get the ball rolling?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To me that just sounds crazy because I think it's fantastic from the get go and never letup.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

beep by grandpa posted:

I can't listen to a podcast because one of the two hosts is dating someone who sometimes talks to people I don't like is loving hilarious.

just a reminder that "talks to people i dont like" = going on a neonazi show and then defending them when called on it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
speaking of LPs I try to be positive but man Matt really needs to sit down and think of a gimmick or philosophy or purpose when he LPs something

Right now his stuff is like a bad stream or a 2007-era youtube LP where hes just going "Heres a thing happening. That happened. I dont know anything about this game"

Like, if you are gonna sit down and do an hour long Onimusha video, think about why, what you want to say, and how you are going to express it. It felt like he saw the game was on sale, bought it, turned on the camera, and just went.

somepartsareme posted:

just a reminder that "talks to people i dont like" = going on a neonazi show and then defending them when called on it

I mean you can not listen to something for any reason you want. I am not gonna judge for not wanting to listen to someone because they date someone who does stuff you don't like. I just find it weird that someone would still try to watch the content while trying to work around the fact that person is half the content.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 5, 2019

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean you can not listen to something for any reason you want. I am not gonna judge for not wanting to listen to someone because they date someone who does stuff you don't like. I just find it weird that someone would still try to watch the content while trying to work around the fact that person is half the content.

I dont hate said person and I listened to the podcast for literal years of my life so it's just dealing with it. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that it makes the most sense, but I like woolie that much. I dont wanna devolve this into an arguement more, but this is at least the part I feel I can talk about and not devolve it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Yo can someone sell me on the katamari damacy lp? I wasn't digging the first two eps and jumped off to ZOE2 and fell off cause I find woolie & friend's energy too dull to stay engaged. ZOE2 seems hopeless cause there's just so much silence but does katamari pick up and get better? I guess I'm asking do they ever get the ball rolling?

It's chill and feel good. You don't need to engage fully, just put it on in the background and enjoy the good times. Woolie's friend pulls up some stories about the people around the game's music that's pretty interesting. Also, Woolie sings along near perfectly to Cherry Tree Times :3:

TheManSeries posted:

I'm maybe not comfortable that his girlfriend bumps arms with some uncool folk.

I know you kinda backed down a few posts up, but for what it's worth she also had some tweets recently about trans rights around the hbomberguy stream stuff, and basically told someone off for the tired "why do we need trans rights, its just human rights herp derp" nonsense.

Iunno, I don't think I care a ton for whatever associations she had and the way she doubled down on them, but Paige also just doesn't strike me as "write off them and anyone surrounding them" kinds of bad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

TheManSeries posted:

I dont hate said person and I listened to the podcast for literal years of my life so it's just dealing with it. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that it makes the most sense, but I like woolie that much. I dont wanna devolve this into an arguement more, but this is at least the part I feel I can talk about and not devolve it

I get ya

At least he has his solo podcast too yeah?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I love that solo podcast. It helped me get through real bad writers block. Woolie Will Figure It Out is one of the most endearing things I've listened to.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah I need to get on that

I am also trying not to read too much into woolie doing multiple projects with Pat and nothing with Matt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, I'm blocked by Paige now on Twitter, this convo just made me realize that. I guess she changed her mind about the reasonable conversation we had thru PMs, 'cause I don't think I even @d her or said anything about her afterwards. Oh, well. So it goes.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I know you kinda backed down a few posts up, but for what it's worth she also had some tweets recently about trans rights around the hbomberguy stream stuff, and basically told someone off for the tired "why do we need trans rights, its just human rights herp derp" nonsense.

Iunno, I don't think I care a ton for whatever associations she had and the way she doubled down on them, but Paige also just doesn't strike me as "write off them and anyone surrounding them" kinds of bad.

As it stands, I'll probably keep things at arms length. I dont watch a bunch of solo streams, it's just that podcasts get me through my work hours. I never really did many LPs unless something really hit me. I'm glad to see those changes and I enjoyed some of the on podcast support towards it. Just cautious still.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I need to get on that

I am also trying not to read too much into woolie doing multiple projects with Pat and nothing with Matt

I think speculating is gonna just make things worse and I say that as someone who has done too much/mentally jumped to conclusions as it is.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What has Woolie done with Pat so far aside from the podcast? I've been a bit out of the loop

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andrast posted:

What has Woolie done with Pat so far? I've been a bit out of the loop

Castle superbeast the (rebranded) podcast. Don’t recall if he was ever on pats stream tho

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Andrast posted:

What has Woolie done with Pat so far aside from the podcast? I've been a bit out of the loop

Guest RE stream is this weekend. That's all I know about. Woolie has done more with woolie versus crew than anyone else rn.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Andrast posted:

Pat's joining him for an RE2 stream on Saturday, outside of that I haven't seen anything. tbh I rarely if ever watch streams and got rid of twitter a long rear end time ago so I basically don't see Pat outside of the podcast.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

As it stands, I'll probably keep things at arms length. I dont watch a bunch of solo streams, it's just that podcasts get me through my work hours. I never really did many LPs unless something really hit me. I'm glad to see those changes and I enjoyed some of the on podcast support towards it. Just cautious still.

For what it's worth I haven't really gotten into the solo streams either, and I followed the LPs pretty heavily at times. Just not the same. Woolie's Katamari LP is nice but I haven't really found time to watch the other stuff. Tried to watch Matt's Travis Strikes Again LP but it's a bit dull from the early parts of the game & lack of a co-commentator.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best thing Matt's done since the breakup was that cereal video, tbh.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I was never too hot on Matt. I really respect his enthusiasm and I aspire to be as successful being solely on my bullshit in the way he is, but his personality just kinda clashes with mine. Cool dude tho.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just don't like solo content so most of their stuff leaves me cold too. Woolie has other people on though so that's great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Weirdly enough I feel like Liam turned out to be the better solo LPer of the four, or at least the one that understands how to make that work best.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Weirdly enough I feel like Liam turned out to be the better solo LPer of the four, or at least the one that understands how to make that work best.

100% agree, always has a chill vibe as well and doesn't induce anxiety. I def want him to LP with Woolie again tho.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Also speaking of twitter garbage, holy poo poo that FC drama from 4 years ago that happened on pats twitter, people like that should be named and shamed so other FC's know what they're getting into by letting them join.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Also speaking of twitter garbage, holy poo poo that FC drama from 4 years ago that happened on pats twitter, people like that should be named and shamed so other FC's know what they're getting into by letting them join.

If you're going to bring something like this up please explain it because this says nothing to me

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

If you're going to bring something like this up please explain it because this says nothing to me

TL;DR is that a dude was poo poo-talking Pat on what I assume was raid chat, Pat pretended to be someone else and after a bit figured out this dude poo poo-talking him was mad because he got kicked out from Pat's clan (in a pretty polite way) four years ago.

then the dude made a twitter account to argue with pat and got even more exposed

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Phantasium posted:

The best thing Matt's done since the breakup was that cereal video, tbh.

And the best part of that was Liam showing up. They did that Bloodborne stream too, they should do more stuff together but probably won't with much frequency.

I watch a decent amount of Pat's streams, well, I watch it for certain games that aren't super long, like I pass on the rpgs, but like I watched is RE2 stuff off and on (was busy playing it myself). Recently watched through some of Liam's stuff, like the whole Nier Automata LP, dunno if I'd say he's better than Pat, it's more that he's just different. Woolie's streams vary, I really haven't watched many of those, mostly just highlight clips, but he's turning out enough regular LP material that I think it's okay, the ZoE2 LP got better the last few episodes actually, in between sessions Billy picked up the game and blasted through it twice so now he knows stuff that "Fake-Fan" Woolie completely forgot about.

Haven't been able to get into any of Matt's stuff, been going through TBFP archives and watching stuff from that I never saw.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Andrast posted:

Dude got kicked out of the ffxiv guild that pat was in 4 years ago for being an immense shitlord by pretty much trying to make sure only his vote mattered in guild related things and being racist against chinese people, follow the shitstorm here: https://twitter.com/GarbageSimulat2/with_replies

It gets extra good when other high ranking guild people that were around back then come to dunk on him too :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 5, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does anyone in sbf have a car lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

They live in a big city, why would they have a car?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

beep by grandpa posted:

Matt has bought a Honda CR-V a couple years ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

beep by grandpa posted:

Car is a very midwest thing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can gauge exactly where a person is from by their reaction to an adult saying "I don't know how to drive".

If that reaction is HOLY poo poo HOW ARE YOU AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T DRIVE, I know that motherfucker is either from Midwest America or California.

I narrow it down from their follow-up being either "how do you get to places even" or "how do you make rent even".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dias posted:

I can gauge exactly where a person is from by their reaction to an adult saying "I don't know how to drive".

If that reaction is HOLY poo poo HOW ARE YOU AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T DRIVE, I know that motherfucker is either from Midwest America or California.

Or literally most of America because public transit is woefully inadequate in the states.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Dias posted:

Or really any part of rural America, honestly. Tons of places in the northeast you can't survive without a car. Try not having a car in northern New York, my man. Hope you like hitch-hiking!

And to be on-topic, I've dropped off the solo/non-podcast stuff as well. I really like WWFIO and I'm echoing the goon who said it helped them with writer's block. Listening to someone go over their creative concepts is a great way to grease your own creative wheels.

Castle Superbeast is... good. For some reason it doesn't have the same flair as it used to, but that's probably because it's a road we've all walked a hundred times before. Personal opinion, but the best parts are when they go off on tangents and the worst parts are listening to Pat drone on and on about a topic, in great detail, that he refuses to drop.

I'm genuinely curious about this: do you guys think they need a third person? More guests? Maybe have an extended cast like what Red Letter Media does, where there's a couple of other people they can bring in?

I know if they did add someone it'd be either Paige or Plague, so this might be a monkey's paw wish, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboTech posted:

Or really any part of rural America, honestly. Tons of places in the northeast you can't survive without a car. Try not having a car in northern New York, my man. Hope you like hitch-hiking!

I guess Rural was a better qualifier than Midwestern there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paige added nothing last time (Also she doesn't really play games or keep up with news), Plague is basically the worst of Matt and Pat at full power

The best change is Woolie listening to feedback from the live chat because maaaan that Daughter/Son mistake would've been bad if left alone.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Dias posted:

I knew where you were coming from but the pedantic rear end in a top hat in me couldn't let it slide.

Tae posted:

Paige added nothing last time (Also she doesn't really play games or keep up with news), Plague is basically the worst of Matt and Pat at full power

Gonna be honest, I skipped the last episode of the SBFCast because I don't want to support anything including her. Having said that, now that I know about her supporting the hbomberguy charity stream , and combining that with her not knowing Alaska was part of Canada... my opinion of her has upgraded from "potentially hateful person" to "maybe she's just THAT unaware".

Agreed on Plague, though. He's the worst part of WWFIO. Why does anyone consider him on an authority on anything but Dark Souls and drawing totally-not-furry poo poo? Does he have published novels or comics or something that give him any weight to critique other people's stuff? Is there some fallacy where people assume someone who is a snarky rear end in a top hat has value because "oh well at least he's being honest when he tells me everything I do is trash"?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat/Woolie is basically what the podcast has been since Liam left, so I think it works just as well as it did before. Guests are very iffy with Pat on the podcast too, because anyone not called Plague or Paige will probably get steamrolled by him, and the aforementioned two combine with Pat and kinda take over the podcast.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HoboTech posted:

Is there some fallacy where people assume someone who is a snarky rear end in a top hat has value because "oh well at least he's being honest when he tells me everything I do is trash"?

That's how trump became president so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dias posted:

If you had just said rural that would've been even more off since there's a bunch of metro areas (yeah, mostly in the midwest) where having a car is the norm.

Tae posted:

I'll admit I only watched a few of her streams a long while ago but what does Paige do if she's not playing games for a living?