Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

In Training posted:

that remaster on PC is pretty criminal but hell I'm part of the problem since i bought it day 1 anyway.

I bought it just now for £9 because I spent like 200 hours in the original but it always ran like poo poo. DS3 is so good at a solid 60fps that I think it warrants a few replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ironically the reason i *didn't* pick it up is because i have like 200 hours in the original version and i simply could not dark souls any more at this juncture

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

ironically the reason i *didn't* pick it up is because i have like 200 hours in the original version and i simply could not dark souls any more at this juncture

I've been playing the Daughters of Ash mod for DS1. It's pretty fun so far and having stuff heavily remixed keeps it fresh.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

A Bag of Milk posted:

spend 15 minutes wandering around with my squad, occasionally plinking some enemies at a distance, then die in a 15 second firefight

Yeah this is why the charm of battle royale and survival games wore off very quickly for me. Long periods of boredom punctuated by short bursts of action.

I get a little enjoyment out of parachuting into a clusterfuck of people but at that point why am I playing a battle royale at all?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Andrast posted:

I've been playing the Daughters of Ash mod for DS1. It's pretty fun so far and having stuff heavily remixed keeps it fresh.

I wanna get into this but I can't go back to PTD after the remaster especially since I heard the guy is trying to port it over to the new version

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

I wanna get into this but I can't go back to PTD after the remaster especially since I heard the guy is trying to port it over to the new version

I never bought the remaster (and I can just use 60 fps thing from dsfix so I don't really feel the need to either)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doesn't setting the framerate to 60fps really gently caress up the physics

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Only on ladders and some jumps and you can toggle it off for those parts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

Thats 2 i think

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, on the non-remaster version it completely messes with the damage numbers and animations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

2’s 60 fps caused your items to lose durability quicker but I think they fixed that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Not much. There's like one ladder in the entire game that causes you to fall through the world at 60 FPS and some jumps are somewhat more difficult.

You can disable the 60 FPS with backspace so I just press that when I'm doing a precise jump and that's it.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, on the non-remaster version it completely messes with the damage numbers and animations.

This is definitely not true

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 5, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The remaster lets you use more than one soul or humanity item at a time so it was worth it just for that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't you still have to turn them in one at a time to covenants though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

noice

edit: who was that guy who was completely loving melting down over dark souls remastered when it was coming out as being a shoddy cash grab, which it basically was but he was super loving pissed off just posting like a maniac about how angry he was and then i think he ended up buying it anyway

i might be thinking of the vermintide 2 or destiny 2 threads by accident

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 5, 2019

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Mega Man Zeroes were so drat good. Some of the best stuff on GBA

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GUI posted:

Never forget there was going to be a gritty first person reboot trilogy of Megaman X where in the final game X would go insane with power due to all the abilities he had acquired and you'd play as Zero who had to kill him.

Also there were Doom 2016 style finishers.

Not interested in grittiness, but gonna be real a game where X played like Vanquish and Zero like Revengeance would be The Good poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GUI posted:

Never forget there was going to be a gritty first person reboot trilogy of Megaman X where in the final game X would go insane with power due to all the abilities he had acquired and you'd play as Zero who had to kill him.

Also there were Doom 2016 style finishers.

That sounds kind of rad TBH, also I still want the "final" Mega Man Classic game where the final boss is Zero fresh out of Wily's lab.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is God Eater 3 good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do you want to play Monster Hunter but worse in every way with the animest story that ever animed?

Well 1&2 anyway but I doubt 3 changes much

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

From the sound of it 3 is more or less more of 2. God Eater has its merits, but it's not going to have anything approaching the polish of Monster Hunter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bullet customization looks cool

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Do you want to play Monster Hunter but worse in every way with the animest story that ever animed?
arent you describing Monster Hunter Stories

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

noice

edit: who was that guy who was completely loving melting down over dark souls remastered when it was coming out as being a shoddy cash grab, which it basically was but he was super loving pissed off just posting like a maniac about how angry he was and then i think he ended up buying it anyway

i might be thinking of the vermintide 2 or destiny 2 threads by accident

I dunno but seeing as I just spent ten bucks solely to make dark souls connect online properly I'm siding with the angry guy on this one

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutlOjp2JsI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've jumped straight into Half-Life 2 Episode Two to keep this gravy train rolling. I realised as I started it up that I've become quite attached to the characters and the storyline and I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to this world. HL2E2 is a nice step up from the previous games graphics-wise with some lovely environments so far. The section where you have to defend all the tunnels from being swarmed by antlions is so tense but great fun.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

I dunno but seeing as I just spent ten bucks solely to make dark souls connect online properly I'm siding with the angry guy on this one

It also adds a new covenant :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've jumped straight into Half-Life 2 Episode Two to keep this gravy train rolling. I realised as I started it up that I've become quite attached to the characters and the storyline and I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to this world. HL2E2 is a nice step up from the previous games graphics-wise with some lovely environments so far. The section where you have to defend all the tunnels from being swarmed by antlions is so tense but great fun.

I'm still sad that Valve canceled Episode 3. :smith: It's so frustrating because Episode 2 did not finish the Half-Life 2 storyline, it's not done yet and by the looks of it the HL2 story will never be finished.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

I'm still sad that Valve canceled Episode 3. :smith: It's so frustrating because Episode 2 did not finish the Half-Life 2 storyline, it's not done yet and by the looks of it the HL2 story will never be finished.

Far as I'm concerned at this point the ending of ep 2 is the ending and HL just happens to have the saddest, most hopeless finale in all of video games

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

I said come in! posted:

An early lesson in why you should never get invested in episodic content before the last episode is finished.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You'll find out how Half Life ended in a tower defense/collectable card game or whatever hat-based game valve tacks it onto.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My 8bitdo wireless USB adapter finally came! My PC in the room next to my living room is hooked up to this TV. I'm playing Paper Mario TTYD on my couch with a wireless Wii U Pro controller. The best thing is: IT'S SO EASY TO USE.

I'm living in the future now! :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Hunt Down The Freeman is the true episode 3, duh

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hear Gordon was in another teleporter accident that sent him to the DOTA2 universe.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
You can see the half life 3 true ending by beating Artifact

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MMF Freeway posted:

Far as I'm concerned at this point the ending of ep 2 is the ending and HL just happens to have the saddest, most hopeless finale in all of video games
I mean Episode 3's ending was going to be even more hopelessly bleak; The Combine Empire is so vast and powerful that The Borealis is just like shooting a spitwad at a tank and Gordon has no hope of defeating them.

Valve wrote themselves into a corner with The Combine, they made them way too powerful a threat in a setting where the only way they could have been feasibly defeated is by complete asspull.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 5, 2019

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought the story for episode 3 got leaked or something a while back

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought the story for episode 3 got leaked or something a while back

Kind of. Marc Laidlaw wrote a thinly veiled outline of it after he left Valve. Sounded like it would have been cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I'm glad the Combine won. They deserved it. Look where humanity has gone without them. Gimme my dope rear end giant telepathic grub body so I can post on the internet with my mind