Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Excelzior posted:

who would even go live in The Murder House anyways?

really wondering how they will make it work

Could just be an ET that's part of her entourage. They did something similar with a Marrakesh ET that was just a security guy at the embassy. Really curious what the suit unlock would be, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ET of Sean 2

once it's done he legs it forever

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Heya people, questiontime.
I loved Hitman™ a lot, and I am considering buying 2 now.
I have the following Legacy DLC: Map 1 to 6, Legacy: Bonus Mission , missing the bonus outfits and the Patient Zero Campaign.

Questions about 2, I currently don't own any episodes for it, but I am interested in buying it since I need to spend some money asap anyway (expiring credit somewhere).
- The Gold Edition seems to the the game + expansion level 1 & 2 and some other random stuff. When are these expansion expected to come out and what are the bonus items?
- Upgrading my legacy collection to "full" seems bad value going by the HM2 store page, would buying the DLC for the original one give me the legacy versions in 2?
- I'll be able to run Hitman™ 2 "okayish" till like April when I upgrade my PC, I know this is guessing but there isn't any reason to suspect a deeper discount before say the summer or something right?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zedd posted:

I have the following Legacy DLC: Map 1 to 6, Legacy: Bonus Mission , missing the bonus outfits and the Patient Zero Campaign.

Questions about 2, I currently don't own any episodes for it, but I am interested in buying it since I need to spend some money asap anyway (expiring credit somewhere).
- The Gold Edition seems to the the game + expansion level 1 & 2 and some other random stuff. When are these expansion expected to come out and what are the bonus items?
- Upgrading my legacy collection to "full" seems bad value going by the HM2 store page, would buying the DLC for the original one give me the legacy versions in 2?
- I'll be able to run Hitman™ 2 "okayish" till like April when I upgrade my PC, I know this is guessing but there isn't any reason to suspect a deeper discount before say the summer or something right?

- No clue when the expansions come out. The bonus items are reskins of other items in the game, including suits.
- https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Zedd posted:

The Legacy DLC is actually DLC for Hitman 2. It allows you to play all of Hitman 1 (2016) in Hitman 2 (2018), with the improved engine and added gameplay features. You don't keep your progress + unlocks sadly.

Zedd posted:

There are no "episodes" for Hitman 2, you just buy the entire game at once (except for the 2 forthcoming expansions, but we don't know what that will be yet).

Zedd posted:

We don't know what the expansions will be yet. Just stick with buying the standard game unless money is burning a hole in your pocket. The bonus items are skins for 2 weapons and not remotely worth it at all.

Zedd posted:

I *think* you'll just be missing the Patient Zero campaign. Which isn't the end of the world, it's pretty good if you really want a bit more content out of the 2016 levels, but you'll have a ton to do in the 2018 levels already so you probably won't miss it.

Zedd posted:

If you ran Hitman/2016 fine, you'll be able to run Hitman 2/2018 fine. And you should watch for it to go on sale - I picked it up for $30 (on PS4) during a winter sale. I'll be willing to bet you won't see that price again before the summer sale, but if you can't wait, it's definitely worth $60.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Neat, standard it is.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zedd posted:

there's a weird magical settings solution that lets you run Hitman on a potato

works way better in 2 than in 1

can't remember exactly but there are walkthroughs floating around, it's a single factor that you change in the registry once you have all your other graphics settings to your liking

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Note that there have been ETs on the summer bonus maps, but there have not been any on the Patient Zero maps. Unless they make a new one, you won't miss any limited content if lacking PZ except maybe a featured contract on The Source.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

there's a weird magical settings solution that lets you run Hitman on a potato

works way better in 2 than in 1

can't remember exactly but there are walkthroughs floating around, it's a single factor that you change in the registry once you have all your other graphics settings to your liking
Could you try tracking that down? I'm curious.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm assuming it's overriding supersampling to be a fractional amount. They took out the abiltity to do that from the in-game settings but you can probably find it in the registry or a config file. It was the only way I could get the game to run on my poo poo pc back in the 2016 beta.

Edit: yeah, there's a "SuperSampling" option in the registry under "Computer\HKEY_USERS\<your user id in gibberish>\Software\IO Interactive\HITMAN2", mine is set to 1000 (pretty sure it's 1.0 in game) so changing that to 500 would maybe make your game look like total dogshit but run 4x faster (ish). :v:

Here's an example of what 0.5 supersampling looked like in beta.

Edit 2: yep, that still works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16L-YE10kHM

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 5, 2019

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Nakar posted:

There are some downsides to the Ghost. It's too good at killing people, and has too much knockback. A clean Jaeger Covert headshot usually doesn't ragdoll as much. Also some people can be knocked into water with bodyshots for accident kills with non-Ghost Siegers whose bodies would be found if killed first by the shot.
I don't think the Jaeger Covert is in Hitman 2. It was a reward for "Master Sniper" in Hitman 2016, that Challegen doesn't exist in Hitman 2.

khwarezm posted:

Really curious about the New Zealand ET, do ye think they'll completely redo the map and get rid of the Alma Reynard arriving scripted stuff and just have all the NPCs and target there when you start?
Why wouldn't they. NZ isn't that complex, and I think they've done that for other maps as well.

Zedd posted:

Just go for the cheapest option that will get you everything. You want to buy everything. I made the mistake of holding off on poo poo during the first season and I regreted that decision. If you like the game, just buy the entire thing.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Zedd posted:

Neat, standard it is.

go gold or go home, IOI deserves your money for this particular product

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

mp5 posted:

:yeah:

I was so worried there would never be more Hitman after Squeenix dropped IOI. When they announced it at E3 the biggest problem I had was throwing my $100 at them fast enough.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

mp5 posted:

I'm not a charity and video games are not a charity.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

double nine posted:

I'm not a charity

nobody here is giving you money

double nine posted:

video games are not a charity

nobody said it was, this is a good product worth the purchase

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
My body [rear end] is ready for the new/old elusive target :

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 6, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Elusive Target will be her dog, but all you have to do is find it and pet it. :3:

Edit: Alternatively, that poor sap from the extermination company who leaves that adorably awkward message on the phone.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

mp5 posted:

nobody said it was, this is a good product worth the purchase

:hmmyes:

Businesses live or die by that sweet, sweet cash flow. Even at full price for both games, I'm still below $1 per hour I've spent playing the two of them.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want a pirate suit

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bear in mind that some of the unlockable costumes have hidden, unique idle animations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bear in mind that some of the unlockable costumes have hidden, unique idle animations.

I'm a fan of 47's brief flash while in the Hokkaido suit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress you Tuppence-A-Wish, you were annoying in 2016 and remain annoying in Hitman 2, thank God that's behind me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress you Tuppence-A-Wish, you were annoying in 2016 and remain annoying in Hitman 2, thank God that's behind me.

at least until Hitman 3 :twisted:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jerusalem posted:

Did you save before attempting it? It keeps your progress through saves.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

at least until Hitman 3 :twisted:

I really hope that when Hitman 3 hits, that they just let you keep progress and everything.
If they want people to not bring their entire arsenal in on first go, they could just gate the old items behind levelling up your account, or something. Or behind unlocking similar items in 3.
(Or perhaps just prevent you from pulling in items from the older games until you've completed a mission for the first time or something.)

Though I really hope they can compact/clean up the inventory a bit if they're going to slap a '3' sticker on another set of items.
I wouldn't mind it if all the duplicate items/skins were compacted to 1 item, and then it just let you select the skin for it when choosing it. (Instead of cycling past 4-5 item slots worth of lethal syringes, etc.)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The key to tuppence a wish is making a new save after every successful throw and reloading to the last save immediately when you gently caress up

It's still dumb and bad but it's mostly painless this way

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I tried that and it still didn't work with 15 coins. I had to find 3 different fire extinguishers, throw them in the fountain, and shoot them, to blow the coins out and throw them back in.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

just bouncing 13 into the pool isn't that hard

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

when using the ansel unlocker in contracts mode, does it let you mark targets that would otherwise be out of range?

if so, nakar could have a field day. would also greatly help a very simple puzzle contract i'm trying to make featuring a long-distanced timed challenge

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

elf help book posted:

I tried that and it still didn't work with 15 coins. I had to find 3 different fire extinguishers, throw them in the fountain, and shoot them, to blow the coins out and throw them back in.

Seriously, you just save the game, bounce coins into the water, reload your save when out of coins, and repeat a couple times until you get the challenge. People have all these weird theories that the coins have to bounce off the rocks, but they just have to land in the water.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Stand in the middle of the carpet in front of the fountain and aim your throws at the orange line on the mirror, iirc the reflection from the lights that run on the moulding of the wall behind you. This should get you fairly consistent throws into the water.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 6, 2019

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cojawfee posted:

Seriously, you just save the game, bounce coins into the water, reload your save when out of coins, and repeat a couple times until you get the challenge. People have all these weird theories that the coins have to bounce off the rocks, but they just have to land in the water.

Seriously, I spent an entire evening trying to get it and reloaded probably like 15 times.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The coins never bounce the same way twice, there's no perfect spot to be standing or perfect angle to aim for. There are better ways to throw, but it's never a guarantee and save scumming will take off an hour or so of attempting the worst challenge in the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They changed how bouncing works, so you have to choose weird spots to make sure it goes into the water instead of just not bouncing and falling onto the ledge.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poo poo like this makes me so glad i don't have ocd and can just skip it

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dishonorable scum (yours is the sane choice)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

You get a coin reskin if you complete the challenge okay??????

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

where the red fern gropes posted:

when using the ansel unlocker in contracts mode, does it let you mark targets that would otherwise be out of range?

if so, nakar could have a field day. would also greatly help a very simple puzzle contract i'm trying to make featuring a long-distanced timed challenge

oh god the looking into the distance character please

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Congratulations Colombia on becoming Hitman's new Worst Map

I swear to god nothing clever works here.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I think I still dislike Marrakesh and Colorado more, but I find I'm not a fan of how large Colombia and Mumbai are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

oh god the looking into the distance character please
That was possible with freecam and out of bounds. Dunno if it works in 2.