Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Untrustable posted:

Anybody have that quote from the FYAD TCC mock thread about the guy baking to death in his car?

Edit: found it.

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

jobson groeth posted:

You chose Flint tap water and now have lead poisoning. You died.

U think I didn't eat paint as a kid

Lead is a food group you snowflake

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

U think I didn't eat paint as a kid

Lead is a food group you snowflake

Everyone ate wall candy. Some just grew out of it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jobson groeth posted:

Everyone ate wall candy. Some just grew out of it.

Well, not grow in a physical sense. But yeah that. Or they died.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I never ate paint, but I did lick deodorant. Tom's of Maine, unscented, was a particular fave.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I never ate paint, but I did lick deodorant. Tom's of Maine, unscented, was a particular fave.

Finland is the Tom you're supposed to lick, not Maine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

purple death ray posted:

Finland is the Tom you're supposed to lick, not Maine.

:pervert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I ate an ant once.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I ate an ant once.

I ate your aunt once. :wink:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I ate an ant once.

Bitter right?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I ate an ant once.

when anteaters are outlawed, only outlaws will eat ants

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dee eight posted:

when anteaters are outlawed, only outlaws will eat ants

Registry for elementary school kids has been started.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, i don't think the harm reduction excuse for TCC is invalid.

nobody in their right mind would try heroin after reading the opiates thread. nobody in their right mind would try phenazepam after reading the joose stories. this is harm reduction at work: when a chemical is a horrible hell-chemical that will tear your life to shreds, sharing stories about how god-awful it is (even if you don't fully realize you're doing that) is an effective way to keep people the hell away.

e: this is not a defense of HondaRider, i gather that was a pretty long time ago and he's not haunting the goddamn forums as a ghost-mod. current leadership, to my knowledge, is not telling people to try LSD to get off heroin.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: this is not a defense of HondaRider, i gather that was a pretty long time ago and he's not haunting the goddamn forums as a ghost-mod. current leadership, to my knowledge, is not telling people to try LSD to get off heroin.

He immediately made an account on Something Sensitive and complained about how he was treated unfairly and Did Nothing Wrong. So no, he can go gently caress himself.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I did not step down, I was abandoned by the admins after being assured that the witch hunt had no merit and that I would be fine.

gently caress all the bullshit hand-wringing, feigned concern about a topic/poster that nobody here knew anything about at all. This was a perfect microcosm of the worthless, "gotcha!" society that is the modern world. One wrong sentence and suddenly people come out of the woodwork asking for their job, even though within the context of the relationship and the history of the people involved the statement is totally innocuous. Oh you spent years devoted to helping people and sharing your own personal experiences in hopes of enriching the lives of others? Haha gently caress you we want to have a big FYAD circlejerk and get our jollies by meddling around in business that doesn't pertain to us at all. Pieces of poo poo.

My suggestion is you all shoot up heroin until you die.

while looking that up I also discovered that Something Sensitive is down and has apparently been gone for like 2 years now.

Garrand has a new favorite as of 09:59 on Feb 6, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ Lol, it's good he's gone.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

nobody in their right mind

Yeah, except we're talking about goons, many of whom are already drug addicts. By definition, they are not in their right mind.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 10:02 on Feb 6, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
That is a pretty nice meltdown. You don't normally get anything close to that sort of quality.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

That is a pretty nice meltdown. You don't normally get anything close to that sort of quality.

If I had a mic and the talent, I would do one of those Christopher Lee readings. It really deserves one.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Remember when the chaotic neutral guy was trying to be the "good goon" in the something sensitive forums

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Remember when the chaotic neutral guy was trying to be the "good goon" in the something sensitive forums

it still makes me completely lose my poo poo whenever someone makes an alignment chart, and they just put landerig in CN no matter what the context is

also it's fairly amusing on the chart he made, the only really indisputably correctly placed goon is Three Olives

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, i don't think the harm reduction excuse for TCC is invalid.

nobody in their right mind would try heroin after reading the opiates thread. nobody in their right mind would try phenazepam after reading the joose stories. this is harm reduction at work: when a chemical is a horrible hell-chemical that will tear your life to shreds, sharing stories about how god-awful it is (even if you don't fully realize you're doing that) is an effective way to keep people the hell away.

One thing I find interesting about heroin is that it's really a whole other class of drugs. The people I knew over the years who were really into drugs but definitely not addicts would absolutely, positively never get anywhere close to heroin. They'd do cocaine and LSD for entire weekends sometimes then go back to work on Monday but heroin? gently caress no. The people who did heroin were a whole other class of people and pretty much all of them were hardcore addicts.

The drug users I knew were the types who would sometimes go party on their days off and maybe smoke a joint after work. You wouldn't expect them to be hard drug users and were generally just pretty normal folks but the heroin users? Woo boy. Seeing what heroin does to people first hand was a really good deterrent for sure. Mostly the drug users and partiers I knew didn't cross the line into smack territory and that was deliberate. It would very often be a deep, dark hole you might never crawl out of. If they knew somebody that did it was a serious "oh, gently caress" moment as they knew what was likely to happen and knew it was probably the person not doing drugs to have fun but doing drugs to cope.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

eh that's mostly true but I know several people for whom cocaine alone was a deep dark hole they never really pulled themselves out of. A guy I knew in college was feeding his habit with rent money for 3 months and nobody in the house knew until the realtors taped an eviction notice to the front door.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Snow Cone Capone posted:

eh that's mostly true but I know several people for whom cocaine alone was a deep dark hole they never really pulled themselves out of. A guy I knew in college was feeding his habit with rent money for 3 months and nobody in the house knew until the realtors taped an eviction notice to the front door.

You can get addicted to basically anything. I mean World of Warcraft has had the same financial effect on people and it isn't even a drug. But yeah, cocaine is probably the thing closest to heroin in life destroying potential but it really seems like heroin is just a whole other level.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I dunno, it seems like anymore you hear the same stuff about meth too, so it's not just heroin...

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
culturally nobody ever really said heroin was all that great, all the songs about heroin are pretty mopey and sad. songs about cocaine and speed generally much more positive

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah it's everything else, then a pretty firm wall, then meth and heroin. Prescription opiates have been doing a hell of a job of breaking down that wall for heroin though

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Indeed. There's a song with a chorus of "I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine" but not one of "I love the heroin, I love the heroin".

Your move black tar. :colbert:

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

One thing I find interesting about heroin is that it's really a whole other class of drugs. The people I knew over the years who were really into drugs but definitely not addicts would absolutely, positively never get anywhere close to heroin. They'd do cocaine and LSD for entire weekends sometimes then go back to work on Monday but heroin? gently caress no. The people who did heroin were a whole other class of people and pretty much all of them were hardcore addicts.

The drug users I knew were the types who would sometimes go party on their days off and maybe smoke a joint after work. You wouldn't expect them to be hard drug users and were generally just pretty normal folks but the heroin users? Woo boy. Seeing what heroin does to people first hand was a really good deterrent for sure. Mostly the drug users and partiers I knew didn't cross the line into smack territory and that was deliberate. It would very often be a deep, dark hole you might never crawl out of. If they knew somebody that did it was a serious "oh, gently caress" moment as they knew what was likely to happen and knew it was probably the person not doing drugs to have fun but doing drugs to cope.

The unholy quadrecta of drugs that will ruin you is:

- crack
- meth
- ketamine
- heroin

I grew up in a hella drug/party squat culture and of the people who didn't make it out alive/are currently stuck in addiction hell, it was heroin and ket that got them all. Meth is getting more common in the UK, but not on the level it is in the states.

Even as dumbass 15 year olds we all knew you don't gently caress with crack or smack. Those of us that crossed the line are literally all either dead or living horrible lives right now. Those of us that didn't are mostly ok, functional adults. I include ket in this list cos we had no idea how bad it was and what it would do to people, and it was the gateway to a smack habit for almost everyone I know who crossed the line.

I know like, one guy who developed a destructive coke habit? It was smack that killed him in the end anyway. The heroin threads have always turned my stomach, it's the same junkie defenses I've heard out of the mouths of friends who overdosed before they turned 30. Opiates are a whole different ballgame to party drugs, they will ruin your life and kill you and if you think you can handle them, you're too dumb to be taking any drugs at all quite frankly.

small ghost has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Feb 6, 2019

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
They don't mention heroin or meth at all in Feel Good Hit Of The Summer, so I guess that says something.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNG63rf9LQ

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Werong Bustope posted:

The unholy quadrecta of drugs that will ruin you is:

- crack
- meth
- ketamine
- heroin

I grew up in a hella drug/party squat culture and of the people who didn't make it out alive/are currently stuck in addiction hell, it was heroin and ket that got them all. Meth is getting more common in the UK, but not on the level it is in the states.

Even as dumbass 15 year olds we all knew you don't gently caress with crack or smack. Those of us that crossed the line are literally all either dead or living horrible lives right now. Those of us that didn't are mostly ok, functional adults. I include ket in this list cos we had no idea how bad it was and what it would do to people, and it was the gateway to a smack habit for almost everyone I know who crossed the line.

I know like, one guy who developed a destructive coke habit? It was smack that killed him in the end anyway. The heroin threads have always turned my stomach, it's the same junkie defenses I've heard out of the mouths of friends who overdosed before they turned 30. Opiates are a whole different ballgame to party drugs, they will ruin your life and kill you and if you think you can handle them, you're too dumb to be taking any drugs at all quite frankly.

stigma

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Isn't ketamine almost impossible to OD on?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Garrand posted:

while looking that up I also discovered that Something Sensitive is down and has apparently been gone for like 2 years now.

probably got absorbed by kf

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Isn't ketamine almost impossible to OD on?

dunno, maybe. It's hella addictive though and makes you dumb and fucks up your liver and fucks up your memory. Nearly all the smackheads I know started off taking k at parties, then became k heads and ended up chasing that feeling of not feeling all the way into full blown heroin addiction.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

What's stigma?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mammal Sauce posted:

What's stigma?

Steve Jobs

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

K in large/repeated quantities for a long time can also gently caress up your bladder, so have fun pissing away your ability to piss as well as your money. and the taste and nausea if you mess up and swallow it... bleh.

IMHO: Ketamine can be a fantastic anti-depressant, but it's not something you can or should just self-medicate with. i'm seeing people i know doing that and it scares me :(

If you want to do k, please consult a professional who has experience with it. there are plenty of people doing legitimate research into K, some of whom aren't even being paid by giant pharmaceutical companies.

ETA don't do drugs because someone on the internet mentioned it. but if you're going to do drugs anyway holy crap do your research, know what you're doing and BE SAFE ABOUT IT. if you don't think you can do it 100% safely don't do it.

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Feb 24, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mammal Sauce posted:

What's stigma?

stigma balls

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
No don't you'll get pee everywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

K in large/repeated quantities for a long time can also gently caress up your bladder, so have fun pissing away your ability to piss as well as your money. and the taste and nausea if you mess up and swallow it... bleh.

IMHO: Ketamine can be a fantastic anti-depressant, but it's not something you can or should just self-medicate with.

If you want to do k, please consult a professional who has experience with it. there are plenty of people doing legitimate research into K, some of whom aren't even being paid by giant pharmaceutical companies. there are TCC posters can hook you up with information and resources for further reading about that.

my layperson opinion is that if you are dead set on k as a treatment for depression and have the means to pay for ketamine infusions that's probably the lowest risk option.

the research on k in clinical use is quite promising but im extremely untrusting of people self medicating with it cos it's left a literal trail of bodies in my life. dont gently caress with k. it's not a benign drug.

tbh, deliberate self medication with all sorts of poo poo from k to psychadelics has caused more damage in people i know than partying ever did. everyone thinks they're a psychopharmacologist right up to the moment they get sectioned/found cold and dead. I hate that whole culture, it's irresponsible as gently caress - im probably biased but I had 7 people die in the last 5 years and I'm currently acting as a carer and advocate through the kafka-esque hell of NHS mental health care for a close friend, who went off his anti-psychotics and anti-depressants in large part because of anti-pharma fucks who encouraged him to self medicate, completely ignoring that someone who's severely psychotically mentally ill and struggling with addiction is literally incapable of making sensible decisions about taking drugs. im sick and tired of sectioning my friends, and I'm sick and tired of talking people down from suicide cos some rear end in a top hat told them to take k/LSD/whatever instead of their meds.

small ghost has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Feb 6, 2019