Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nintendo is bad because they're never gonna release kururin squash on switch and it's the peak of the kururin trilogy

the two gba ones are decent but having analog movement in squash bumps it up to the ultimate. plus it's really good at varying itself up with weird gimmicks that actually play into the strengths of the core mechanics mostly

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Speaking of Star Wars, here's this article which has a few worrying things in it:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/2/5/18212627/ea-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-respawn-new-game-release-date-fall-2019

"Yesterday, Respawn launched its newest game, a battle royale shooter called Apex Legends. According to VG247, the team responsible for that game is compromised almost entirely of the Titanfall crew, while the Star Wars title is currently in development with an entirely new division of Respawn hired specifically for the project.

“The Titanfall team makes Apex Legends,” design director Mackey McCandlish told VG247. “A very one-hand number of people runs Star Wars to help create that team. Myself and others helped interview for that team just to lend some time to help it get off the ground. But I haven’t been heavily involved — it’s off to the races for them.”

Also its being run by the people who were in charge of God of War 3 so I'm mostly expecting a quick GoW clone but with laser swords.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That'd be fine since a Star Wars game really can't have the lovely excess that pushed GoW3 over the edge.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
doing low level invasions in Sens Fortress was so loving good

dressing up in the Gold Hemmed Black Set wielding a Great Scythe, good times

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So er...I actually enjoyed my game last night of Apex Legends.

This is weird because I absolutely hate these sort of games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's OK to like a BR

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol, imagine liking a video game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only game I like is called Pin the Grenade on the Capitalist

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

It's OK to like a BR

But but...

:ohdear:

quote:

:same:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God drat this is a TUNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfbBvsA1Hl8

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I cannot wait till they make the battle royale aimed at me - one where i don't have to shoot things and don't have to be shot at.

Man i would love some kinda sport themed battle royale

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

what about a Mirror's Edge parkour BR where everyone is just trying to stay alive by running to the next destination in time and you can make it harder for other people by creating obstacles or breaking elevators or something

I guess there's no reason for that to be a battle royale though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't wait for Battle Royale Battle Royale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzdc-0Q45wM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I can't wait for Battle Royale Battle Royale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzdc-0Q45wM

Isnt that just actual highschool?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In PSP we were talking about a wrestling battle royal where you start with basic moves and build up your moveset by finding the gear from famous wrestlers and now I want that game so bad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

find What the Rock Is Cooking in a crate drop

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Pro wrestling rpg where you build up extra stats doing a billion dumb side guests like carving the perfect dog dentures or taking your niece shopping to come up with new moves kazuma kiryu style.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Played some Apex Legends last night. Didn't get any kills in over an hour but that's in line with how I usually approach online FPS games. Had fun though. I think the building part of Fortnite pushed me away, so this might be something I come back to snack on from time to time. I didn't see that For Honor was a PS+ freebie this month, so now I have competing competitive games to dig into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Zi7LHQLm0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

Unpin the grenade on them to make boom

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

The Longest Journey has incredible music. I never played the sequel games, tempted to though since I'm sure my laptop can actually run them now as they're like a decade old at this point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

heh, i went to a nightfire party tonight

Can't really call you and a bunch of AI players a party can you?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Taintrunner posted:

I'm thinking of teaching myself video editing by making a longform Youtube critique of precisely why EA's approach to Star Wars games have gone so poorly

One hour of someone holding up a sign with the word "rent-seeking" on it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so followup from last night i'm liking nioh ok i guess but i really just want sekiro

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Snooze Cruise posted:

heh, i went to a nightfire party tonight

On the subject of non-movie James Bond games, the grappling hook in Agent Under Fire was really great. Too bad all I can remember about that game is it blasting the first couple bars of the James Bond theme every time you did something remotely cool.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

is it better to smash the vast amounts of trash i'm picking up into ingredients or sell it for cold hard cash or neither?

Break it down for mats. Those are always at least somewhat useful whereas low level loot is worth piddly amounts of money overall. You could also offer loot for Amrita at shrines but that's not really worth the hassle either unless you're somehow always running out of elixirs. Cause offering stuff at shrines can give you free consumables.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Danakir posted:

Break it down for mats. Those are always at least somewhat useful whereas low level loot is worth piddly amounts of money overall. You could also offer loot for Amrita at shrines but that's not really worth the hassle either unless you're somehow always running out of elixirs. Cause offering stuff at shrines can give you free consumables.

oh speaking of consumables at shrines, i missed a couple of kodomas from the first level, is there any benefit to me going back and finding them before moving on?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I finally hit Platinum league in starcraft 2 last night, a small accomplishment but one I'm happy to have finally made

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

oh speaking of consumables at shrines, i missed a couple of kodomas from the first level, is there any benefit to me going back and finding them before moving on?

Kodomas let you carry more elixirs and get you better shrine bonuses for the region, some of which are really useful, but you can definitely do without them if you don't feel like going back. Since they are region specific you won't be behind all game just because you left a few early on.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sorry for spamming the chat thread with solicitations for hot nioh tips from the gaming pros but this is all soulsborne stuff i would normally be spending 30 hours reading up on from a wiki but as we've established that's not really a resource here so i'm kind of rudderless

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Tbh its making me want to play nioh again

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

C-Euro posted:

On the subject of non-movie James Bond games, the grappling hook in Agent Under Fire was really great. Too bad all I can remember about that game is it blasting the first couple bars of the James Bond theme every time you did something remotely cool.

That game had some great driving levels and some wretched on-rails shooting.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

If you're worried about finding them all in the future, it's worth equipping an accessory with 'Kodama Sense' on it once you find one. It'll make the kodamas show on your minimap as little green dots. It's what I did and I found like 90% of them without having to try super hard.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

The peace in your heart that comes from knowing you led all those cute lil folks back to their friends

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The shrine also updates with more and more kodama friends having a fun party together as you bring them back home. :buddy:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

I never beat the first stage of TR3 so my only experience is playing the demo a lot.

they get better, right? i thought somebody said that but i might be comfortable writing off the rest of the original games at this point.

corn in the bible posted:

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

sen's fortress is the best level from dark souls 1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

they get better, right? i thought somebody said that but i might be comfortable writing off the rest of the original games at this point.

sen's fortress is the best level from dark souls 1.

Who told you that? They get worse until the upgraded versions of the first few games then they get bad again then they get good in the reboot for one game then bad again.

Basically if the tomb raider you are playing isnt the first or second in its respective line its probably garbage.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the new ones

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

Who told you that?

lol, somebody in one of these chat threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007