Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZNR12Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WPqsCbD1M6SZ4

I went with this for my New XL and it’s working great so far. I got it about 4 months ago and no issues.

Thanks! I was looking at that one but was a bit wary. Dont really care if official or not as long as it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So my daughter is turning 3 and I’m looking to grab her a few new games for 3DS. I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for quality games that they think she might be able to handle? The only game she has really gotten into is Mario Kart which she has become pretty decent at since I started letting her play last month. There are a bunch of really cheap games for small children but a lot of them don’t look much like actual games.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If she's in that, still learning coordination stage (I don't want to assume, I don't know anything about kids,) Rusty's Real Deal Baseball could be good. I finally got around to getting it myself. The Kirby games are also always good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rad Valtar posted:

So my daughter is turning 3 and I’m looking to grab her a few new games for 3DS. I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for quality games that they think she might be able to handle? The only game she has really gotten into is Mario Kart which she has become pretty decent at since I started letting her play last month. There are a bunch of really cheap games for small children but a lot of them don’t look much like actual games.

Let's Go Pikmin is very playable for a three year old

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

And yet, I would be hesitant. Even as a teen it killed me to have the Pikmin die, that it took me way too long to suck it up and beat the first game. I got through the second one, but by then my heart had died.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My three year old didn't care if his little Pikmin died as long as he could complete the level

There's much less attachment when they aren't persistent over levels

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My son could mess around a bit in the 3DS Lego City Undercover at that age.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

This just happens to be on Clearance at Target so I’ll grab it. I don’t think she will have a problem with the Pikman dying.

univbee posted:

My son could mess around a bit in the 3DS Lego City Undercover at that age.

Does that game have anything in common with the other Lego games?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

This just happens to be on Clearance at Target so I’ll grab it. I don’t think she will have a problem with the Pikman dying.

Does that game have anything in common with the other Lego games?

It’s a prequel to Lego City Undercover (originally a Wii U exclusive but now on pretty much everything), so it’s not on-rails like most Lego games. Imagine if a PS2 GTA game was made to be kid-friendly, it’s kind of like that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Either of the Kirby games would be good choices, Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot. They're fairly easy and fun.

Animal Crossing maybe.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The problem with Animal Crossing is lots of reading. A lot of games you would perceive as kid-friendly actually have a relatively high reading barrier to clear, making them inappropriate before the child is 5 or 6 or whenever they start getting a better handle on reading.

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn will be a fantastic choice once that game is actually out (March 7th I think?), a death-free platformer works really really well.

You probably want to avoid stuff like Mario Party, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, WarioWare and Paper Mario, unless the child is specifically going to playing with someone who's going to read out loud (and this is asking a lot).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Either of the Kirby games would be good choices, Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot. They're fairly easy and fun.

Animal Crossing maybe.

You could also go old-school with some of the more simple NES games like Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 off the 3DS eShop :corsair:.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could also go old-school with some of the more simple NES games like Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 off the 3DS eShop :corsair:.

This is frustration galore if the kid isn't already very good at platforming. Modern kids generally don't put up with that kind of bullshit when there's a plethora of entertainment options that didn't exist in the 20th century.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

univbee posted:

The problem with Animal Crossing is lots of reading. A lot of games you would perceive as kid-friendly actually have a relatively high reading barrier to clear, making them inappropriate before the child is 5 or 6 or whenever they start getting a better handle on reading.
A young kid can kind of ignore all that though and still have fun going around, digging up fossils, picking fruit etc.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

A young kid can kind of ignore all that though and still have fun going around, digging up fossils, picking fruit etc.

Child may bug you to read everything, though. It also depends on how skippable text is (haven’t played enough Animal Crossing to have an opinion on that).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife has animal crossing and she didn’t take to it because of all the text. I think I’m going to grab her one of the Super Mario’s or Kirby. She doesn’t get frustrated easily by things and I don’t think dying is going to deter her in something like a Mario. I think learning to jump and run will be good for her and it’s where I started on the regular NES. She was very determined at getting better at Mario Kart in the races and I know it’s not a huge deal but she regularly finishes top 3 in 50cc races.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

My wife has animal crossing and she didn’t take to it because of all the text. I think I’m going to grab her one of the Super Mario’s or Kirby. She doesn’t get frustrated easily by things and I don’t think dying is going to deter her in something like a Mario. I think learning to jump and run will be good for her and it’s where I started on the regular NES. She was very determined at getting better at Mario Kart in the races and I know it’s not a huge deal but she regularly finishes top 3 in 50cc races.

oh that’s cool, she could kick my son’s rear end then.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Kirby has always been my go to little-kid game. The mechanics make it easy to play with forgiving platforming and the art style appeals to basically everyone.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I played a lot of Capitan Toad with my 3yo nephew and that game's on 3DS as well

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Baron Snow posted:

Kirby has always been my go to little-kid game. The mechanics make it easy to play with forgiving platforming and the art style appeals to basically everyone.

I’m debating between Mario and Kirby and the only reason I was going to go with Mario was because Kirby you suck things up and spit them out and I’m not sure if that’s an added step that is harder for them to grasp?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Mario games to get past all but the easiest levels you realistically need to be holding the run button at all times. Kirby has no run button so it's a lot easier to play.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I appreciate everyone’s help, I think I’m going to go with Kirby and I’m going to try Captain Toad with her because I think the puzzley nature of it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirby Star Allies on Switch was the first "legit" video game my son beat, although I had to be carrying him through the final levels and final boss, mainly due to sections with shifting platforms that could cause a fall; and the game is weird where Player 1 must be Kirby, but death only really "counts" for Kirby; Players 2-4 can fall without penalty (they just teleport back to Kirby) but if Kirby falls it's instant death. Kirby's Epic Yarn has the advantage of being a game without death so it's easier still. Even in the other games, Kirby platforming is generally way more forgiving than Mario due to infinite floating ability and not needing a run button, plus you always have an attack which works on most non-boss enemies and doesn't necessarily require extreme precision in the same way carefully landing Mario on top of an enemy does. Captain Toad can be good but does require camera manipulation and your child could think it's bullshit that Captain Toad Can't Jump starring Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes.

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 28, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is PQ2 getting localized?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waltzing Along posted:

Is PQ2 getting localized?

I think it got rated in Australia so probably.

If it doesn't everyone should at least check out the soundtrack, definitely my favorite soundtrack in the series and I love Persona 5's soundtrack.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

JB Hi-Fi's trying to purge their unsold Special Edition bundles, again, this time for a flat $20AUD apiece.

Nintendo Bundles include;

Super Smash 3DS (Amiibo Pedestal + Samus Amiibo)
Fire Emblem Fates 3DS (Amiibo Pedestal + A FE Amiibo I don't know the name of)
Animal Crossing amiibo Festival WiiU (The bundle with two amiibo, one of which is Isabelle)
Mario Party: Star Rush 3DS (Amiibo Pedestal + Yoshi Amiibo)
:siren: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess WiiU (The bundle with the Wolf amiibo) :siren:
Hyrule Warriors 3DS (The Limited Edition with the Compass that sits unsold in literally ever JB Hi-Fi)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Welpo. In Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark, Toys-R-Us and BR-Toys are emptying their shelves.

I just grabbed an Ultra Sun with Steelbook... for 12eur.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Persona Q2 confirmed.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1091020297967468544?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No dub though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wow, June 4. That is really late.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lmao we're getting Japanese Teddie

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

excited to spend $70 for a plushie

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

excited to spend $70 for a plushie

Koromaru is a good boy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure most of the Persona 4 English voice cast by this point has retired or told cheap localization jobs to gently caress off if not following SAG rules.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm excited for the game that finally confirms that Minako was always canon all along.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

endlessmonotony posted:

Welpo. In Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark, Toys-R-Us and BR-Toys are emptying their shelves.

I just grabbed an Ultra Sun with Steelbook... for 12eur.

The fancy editions are always the first on the discount chopping block, because if they don't go on release then they'll likely never move until they're deeply discounted.
Speaking of;

:siren:AUSGOONS:siren:

EBGames AU is similarly in Purge Mode on their 3DS games. Prices tiers are $4, $12, $$23 and $28 on almost all titles, and they REALLY dont care about profits this time, because there's good stuff at the $4 and $12 tiers Gogogogogo! :shepspends:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hope we'll be able to get the plushie of that Good Boy here in Europe.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Got a few copies of Rhythm Heaven Megamix and Picross 3D 2 for $4 each, good poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Etrian Odyssey Nexus is out, get it.

Yokai Watch 3 comes out in NA this week, think about getting that as well I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the Persona 4 English voice cast by this point has retired or told cheap localization jobs to gently caress off if not following SAG rules.

And in the case of P3 is persona non grata from any dubs now