Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1093110730264535040?s=19

Just to be clear here, Ettin64 is not the idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I dug around a little because I was curious. Here's the owner of Excalibre Games. He was kind enough to post this on Social Media for extra thread relevancy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zesty posted:

I dug around a little because I was curious. Here's the owner of Excalibre Games. He was kind enough to post this on Social Media for extra thread relevancy.

Boy that's a big fuckin' yikes from me

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh god ✝️⛪️🕍 oh gently caress🍆💦 He’s out 🎅➡️ he nibbled 🤪 his way 👉 out of the 👮🏻cage 👮🏻‍♀️ in the 👇 basement 👇 and he’s in the loving 😩💦 walls now 😱 No wait ⏰ 👆 the ventilation 💨 oh gently caress 🍆💦😱 I didn’t ✔️ check ✔️ the water pipes 💧💦 either 😫 IF 👪 ANYONE 👪 GETS THIS 👀👀👀 FOR THE ❤️✝️ LOVE OF GOD ❤️✝️ SEND HELP 🔜😱 I can hear 👂👂👂 his gigantic sack 🍒🍆💦 dragged against the 👇 floor 👇 he’s already tried 👿 breaking down ⚒ 💣 the 🚪door 🚪 but 🍑🍑🍑 I put defensive measures 💪💪💪 in place, a barricade ✋🙅‍♂️ I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ who he’s already... 🍆🍑💦😩 gotten... 🍆🍑💦😩 my mom 👩 my sister 👧 my dad 🧔🏳️‍🌈🍆💦 was always a 💧💦 high priority 💧💦 target 🎯 They might already ⏰⏰⏰ be dead 💀👻 I’m probably ✔️💯 the last one 1️⃣ 😬😰😱 Oh gently caress 🍆💦 he’s tearing through 😫😫😫 the wall 🎅🍆💦 I 👂 hear 👂 his maniacal giggling 🎅🤪🤣 This is it 🍆💦😱 maybe 🤷‍♂️ I should just 🎅🎅🎅 accept my fate 😩🍆🍑💦

I thought you had female rats, zaurg.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1093152014144540672

????

This is like the "what do Yoshi's eggs smell like" but for pedos

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Zesty posted:

oh my god I was sure it'd just be some "two genders" poo poo

tradgames never disappoints

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Katt posted:

Or that youtube kicks them into a chain of "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS college student with FACTS"

Ben Shapiro DESTROYS Elsa with trip to dentist

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

LordSaturn posted:

oh my god I was sure it'd just be some "two genders" poo poo

tradgames never disappoints

So, I watched some episodes of this trans popaganda show "Pose" on Netflix and want to rant a bit. It's a show set during AIDS-crisis in New York, the main characters being 3 trans-IDed men and a homosexual boy (Damon) who wants to become a dancer (they're all black). The three TIMs are Elektra, an older drag queen who lives of a sugar daddy and is a "mother" in a house (basically being in command of a group of younger street kids); Blanca, a TIM who gets diagnosed with HIV so he wants to build a legacy by founding his own house and recruits Damon after he gets thrown out by his parents for being gay; the last is Angel, another TIM who is a prostitute.

It kinda obviously rides on the success of Drag Race, a recurring feature of the show is underground events called "balls" that are basically drag performances that get rated by a jury and the competitors are teams from "houses" (groups of male societal outcasts that room together).

I've seen it marketed as being about LGBT~ but first... all that is shown is the gay scene. There are no women, literally zero women, attending the "balls". Lesbians do not exist. All the trans characters are men.

There's two female characters with larger supporting roles: one is the wife of some repressed white homo boy (Stan) who is the classical white educated housewife and raises their infant (later they have two kids). She doesn't get a dishwasher because Angel, who we learn never cooked anything (!) in his life (in general he is shown to have zero interests, aspirations and skills as a person, which, wtf), agrees to becoming said dudes kept boy and getting all the surplus income.

The other female character is a black dance teacher (or at least in a high admin position in a dance school, I don't recall the specifics). She's probably a lesbian but I haven't watched far enough or paid close enough attention to see whether that gets addressed. She is shown caring for HIV infected men in the hospital and her introduction is that she's guilt-tripped to make an exception for Damon by Blanca because Damon was too dumb to meet the application deadline of the dance school but clearly this isn't fair because of his ~genius talent~. Of course, after being moved to tears by his genius dancing, she makes the exception for him because lord beware women set their rules and boundaries.

Blanca (who has HIV) takes in Damon because he needs him and never tries to connect to his parents. Later he does such a lovely job of educating Damon who starts to become sexually active about HIV (there's one throwaway sentence about a "virus" that he clearly doesn't react to with comprehension and doesn't connect to his knowledge of AIDS when he hears it) so he doesn't make sure not to get infected. Blanca gives no explanation of how exactly it's contracted (so WHY condoms are important), what it does, that many of the boys Damon meets might be be carriers, so later there's a whole plot point about a big HIV-scare where everybody gets tested.

The gay scene's men are constantly portrayed as incredibly (!) egocentric, dull as gently caress, vapid, being a self-pity fest and being horrible towards each other (like egging each other on to get dangerous black market plastic surgery). The whole tone about the trans characters is one of "oh no, look at these poor people struggling people because the world can't see their ~true femininity when at the same time it's portrayed as a struggle against reality and the only people who are supportive in the way the audience is supposed to be are 1) the repressed homosexual or bi sex buyer Stan who clearly needs Angel to be a woman because he's in denial and 2) the doctors who are making money off feeding into their delusion.

Theres a scene where one of them (Blanca iirc) actually goes on about how he thinks that TIMs are at the very bottom of the societal ladder, while all of these characters support zero women (all engagement that is portrayed is mooching off them) and homeless men who don't have a sugar daddy paying for a nice big apartment stand right next to them. It's really striking how obsessed they are with rising up in societal hierarchy and how they're only looking out for themselves.

As for the trans issue I found myself liking all the ~wrong characters who the audience is probably supposed to think of as ignorant, unenlightened meanies. When white boy Stan goes to one brothel-ish place to find Angela (it's cabins where you pay to look at dancers) there's a guard collecting the payment. When Stan asks about Angel says "yeah, he's popular". When Stan aggressively corrects him that it's "she!!!" he just replies "yeah whatever you say, boss."

Which is pretty much the "sure, you have more power, money and influence and you're going to use it to make me comply, whatever you say, man." that I feel is the response from women to most TRAs.

I even felt for Damon's dad who is some type of industry worker and portrayed as a homophobe who throws out his son. He says that he never should have allowed for dancing lessons and tbh when you look at how the gay arts scene is portrayed and with some real world knowledge of what resources are required for a dancing career it is really very sensible to keep your kid as far away from it as possible.

Elektra, the older TIM in conflict with Blanca is shown as very interested in and spending money on "SRS" (penis inversion) - while the group in the house that she "mothers" is so poor they steal and ruin historical costumes from a public museum to compete in the balls - gently caress the public and their interest in history! This dude reminded me a lot of that misogynist Sophia from Orange is the New Black. He later goes for the surgery despite knowing his sugar daddy is going to vanish because he fetishizes feminized men like Stan and warned him he's only into loving him with intact dick and wants to keep the arrangement as it is. Elektra learns then that all the men who'd pay for sex with him in the market didn't do so because they thought he's a woman or want to have sex with a woman and is SHOCKED (d'uh! - Elektra btw is a really tall dude and has the most masculine body of all the trans characters, extremely wide shoulders and narrow hips).

In general you get this impression that the TIM have this really idealistic idea of how women live (they only imitate rich women's styles, I think poor women don't even exist on their radar) and completely fail to realize that marriage and boyfriends aren't some sort of "get all the nice poo poo you want for free forever" deal but that women are expected to do housework, birth children and raise children (in heels!) in return. All dialogue about the drag shows that they believe the clothing, hair etc. are what makes a woman. It's so much sexist bullshit. Also they constantly(!) shout and go aggressively at each other, and I don't mind displays of aggression or anything but it is so clearly behaviour resulting from male socialization.

It all reminded me a bit of a scene from a documentary about Kathoey where the filmmaker interviewed a female prostitute on what she thought about them ((the general thrust of the documentary was in the "so brave and stunning" direction) and she replied with something in the gist of "Eeeeh, well I think they're trying not to grow up and don't want to shoulder any responsibilities of adulthood (for other people)".

I feel like all of this combined is not just the usual sexist gaslighting crap but also sends a really racist message about the AIDS-crisis of "look at these complete idiot people, isn't it kinda their own fault?" (When today we know HIV might be a result of the absolutely horrible treatment of black people in African colonies.) Ugh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento posted:

Boy that's a big fuckin' yikes from me

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Holy frijoles

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My guess is that "gaslighting" is going to get co-opted by the right one day in the same way "fake news" so use it while you can.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The new game Apex Legends is an overnight sensation, it also has a diverse cast of characters with different races and identities, was also revealed that one character is gay and another non-binary.

Keep your eyes peeled for the resulting impotent gamer rage, game has over two million active players at the moment so there will be plenty.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

JebanyPedal posted:

The new game Apex Legends is an overnight sensation, it also has a diverse cast of characters with different races and identities, was also revealed that one character is gay and another non-binary.

Keep your eyes peeled for the resulting impotent gamer rage, game has over two million active players at the moment so there will be plenty.

Ooh ooh, who’s the gay character? Non-binary is probably the bounty hunter character since you can barely tell their gender by voice alone (a combination of an accent and voice modulation) and they are wearing a helmet. As for the gay character, probably not Caustic since that dude is toxic as hell. Bangalore?

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Feb 6, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marky Mark got shooters out on twitter

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

zoux posted:

Careful, he vill cut af your johnson!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Johnson?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Downsizing sequel looking rough.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Ooh ooh, who’s the gay character? Non-binary is probably the bounty hunter character since you can barely tell their gender by voice alone (a combination of an accent and voice modulation) and they are wearing a helmet. As for the gay character, probably not Caustic since that dude is toxic as hell. Bangalore?

I just checked the bios, it's Gibraltar, looks like.
His bio mentions him stealing a motorcycle and joyriding with his boyfriend when he was younger.

Which is nice, since looking at the character list I immediately assumed it was the sassy looking dude. (Mirage.)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

zoux posted:

Nah, Shooter was the other guy, Ben something.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Arguing that being a TERF is a religious viewpoint is a bold strategy.

https://twitter.com/anyabyke/status/1092382160198225920

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/anyabyke/status/1092405140622065665
:thumbsup:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/PeerShiraz/status/1092447387598102529

It's always "appeasing" the minority to "stomp on the rights" of the majority. Meanwhile, the majority want to not have to maybe, possibly, have a person with a penis pee in a closed stall near them, while the minority literally want to be able to leave the house for longer than they can hold their bladder. How can you really think the majority are the ones whose rights are in jeopardy?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JebanyPedal posted:

Too slow, there was already someone calling it white genocide because there's no white characters.

(there is absolutely a white man in it)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Midnight Voyager posted:

Too slow, there was already someone calling it white genocide because there's no white characters.

(there is absolutely a white man in it)

Yeah but it's not 90% American WASPs so it's basically the same as calling for the death of white people

I've thought for a bit about how to handle racists in my little game project; I'm thinking of making a specific rule that if you deliberately suicide out without trying the random generator will keep the same race and gender settings as the current character. I'm worried about giving players access to editors or mod tools because I just know that assholes will make Hitler Guns if I let them.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/AmandiOnAir/status/1092986313983315968

https://twitter.com/AnnejJenna_95/status/1093114635237183488

(Kathy is the idiot)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Per our chat yesterday about Christian values

https://twitter.com/frfrankpavone/status/1085387700167950338 ?s=12

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

zoux posted:

Per our chat yesterday about Christian values

https://twitter.com/frfrankpavone/status/1085387700167950338 ?s=12

"Also this carpenter and his PREGNANT girlfriend asked if they could stay in one of my spare bedrooms last night! The absolute nerve of those people! Called the police and I hope they get arrested for vagrancy!"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

1stGear posted:

"Also this carpenter and his PREGNANT girlfriend asked if they could stay in one of my spare bedrooms last night! The absolute nerve of those people! Called the police and I hope they get arrested for vagrancy!"

Not just that but according to one of the gospels they were refugees fleeing a tyrannical ruler who was murdering his own citizens, so naturally I told them to gently caress off because only a terrorist would run instead of fighting the tyrant and dying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spam counts as social media, right?

pichupal posted:

This a few days ago was the only reason I heard of it. It was a weird way to hear about it, but it's not the type of game I'm particularly interested in in the first place.
https://twitter.com/jacobdekk/status/1091173494144921600?s=19

And underneath that

https://twitter.com/niallward/status/1091226699843424256?s=19

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

Spam counts as social media, right?

And underneath that

https://twitter.com/niallward/status/1091226699843424256?s=19

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

So big companies are now doing this on purpose in hopes that it will go viral right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1stGear posted:

No that's different because Jesus was white[citation needed].

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

No that's different because Jesus was white[citation needed].

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The Idiots on Social Media is everyone yaas kweening Nancy Pelosi for clapping weird

https://twitter.com/FillOaks/status/1093296917403090946?s=19

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't remember them ever discussing cutting ties with Vic Mignogma at any point in the podcast episode. Just the idea that CGI is useless since 5 years from now it won't look as good, the impossibility of the inner helmet camera shot for most scenes involving Iron Man, suddenly realizing you're old when you actually think about not picking up something you've dropped, and one of them somehow getting shot in the mouth with a paintball.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So what did Vic do? I don't really want to Google search lest my YouTube feed be filled with MRA bullshit (assuming this is somehow connected).

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I met him at a con once and I don't see how anybody is surprised by these allegations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CommissarMega posted:

So what did Vic do? I don't really want to Google search lest my YouTube feed be filled with MRA bullshit (assuming this is somehow connected).

He's been a gigantic sex pest/etc for years. People have been trying for some time to make it more known, there's always been warnings about him at cons and stuff, but it's finally gaining some traction now.

Which of course means people are hashtag standing with him. Or uh, trying to "warn" Chris Sabat about "voice actors going crazy".

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1092814170096103426

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

He's been a gigantic sex pest/etc for years. People have been trying for some time to make it more known, there's always been warnings about him at cons and stuff, but it's finally gaining some traction now.

Which of course means people are hashtag standing with him. Or uh, trying to "warn" Chris Sabat about "voice actors going crazy".

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1092814170096103426

Seems like a bad idea to piss of Vegeta. He killed the Arlians for literally no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trump Jr did a thing

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c5b605ee4b08710475a84b0/amp