Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm sure I hear it all over the place but all I'm coming up with is hammy stuff like JG Wentworth (877-cash-now!) The fact that everyone knows those speaks to their effect but it depends on the tone you're trying to sell. Local car dealer ads might have some luck, they strike the intentionally-cheesy tone that I associate with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BonoMan posted:

I have a bit of a research question.

I'm looking for TV ads (or similar, doesn't have to be the class :15/:30/:60) that have a tagline or phrase repeated through them.

Preferably not comedic but I'll take anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWtFVFSx5I

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bruceski posted:

I'm sure I hear it all over the place but all I'm coming up with is hammy stuff like JG Wentworth (877-cash-now!) The fact that everyone knows those speaks to their effect but it depends on the tone you're trying to sell. Local car dealer ads might have some luck, they strike the intentionally-cheesy tone that I associate with it.

It's more of a serious/inspirational spot so the tone would need to match. And to be fair "well it's just not really done" will be a fine answer for them. Just exhausting all of my resources at the moment.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ch ch ch CHIA

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
"Corporate" is a really good show, in case anyone is considering watching it but hasn't yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
NObody beats THE WIZ

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

BonoMan posted:

I have a bit of a research question.

I'm looking for TV ads (or similar, doesn't have to be the class :15/:30/:60) that have a tagline or phrase repeated through them.

Preferably not comedic but I'll take anything!

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty! wimpy. wimpy. wimpy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Great taste

Less filling

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PostNouveau posted:

Great taste

Less filling

I put this one on our list!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Calgon, take me away!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

precision posted:

Calgon, take me away!

Now that just makes me think of MST3K.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lycus posted:

Now that just makes me think of MST3K.

"Owww, why do you hate my groin?!"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

finally watchin russian doll and a+++

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Best ad

https://youtu.be/NSQVVHyvOZU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Go see Cal! Go see Cal! Go see Cal!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

gurl

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

as always natasha lyonne is love natasha lyonne is life

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

o and she still fine af

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

o and she still fine af

Dat Maxine tho baybay

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

Dat Maxine tho baybay

:yeah:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

One of the best parts of this show is it makes my heart warm to think of Jamie Babbit and Natasha Lyonne working together again after all these years ngl. Wasn't expecting to see her name pop up as director on a handful of episodes!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

She is the party :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maxine is Homeless Heidi in High Maintenance

look it’s a tenuous connection just watch High Maintenance ok

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

esperterra posted:

esperterra posted:

as always natasha lyonne is love natasha lyonne is life

esperterra posted:

o and she still fine af
I binged it all the other day and :yeah:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Russian Doll E7: chloe sevigny tho <3

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

Go see Cal! Go see Cal! Go see Cal!

Pussy cow pussy cow pussy cow!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

o and she still fine af

She is hot in some otherworldly way that transcends time and space. Her looks, voice, and attitude. Complete package.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess the radical reform faction of The Academy is seizing on the opportunity, because in addition to having no hosts, the Oscar broadcast has a hard cap of 3 hours and they're handing out "less popular Oscars" during the commercials.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

I guess the radical reform faction of The Academy is seizing on the opportunity, because in addition to having no hosts, the Oscar broadcast has a hard cap of 3 hours and they're handing out "less popular Oscars" during the commercials.

I have a radical idea for making the Oscars go quicker. Ditch the dumb montages and go nowhere skits that seemingly exist just to give the show's creative staff something to justify their existence. Considering there isn't going to be a host this year this might actually happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I have a radical idea for making the Oscars go quicker. Ditch the dumb montages and go nowhere skits that seemingly exist just to give the show's creative staff something to justify their existence. Considering there isn't going to be a host this year this might actually happen.

Since the actual purpose of the ceremony is Hollywood Ego Masterbation I don't think that's gonna happen.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I wonder if they'll ever realize that they can jerk each other off in an un-televised awards ceremony.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

I wonder if they'll ever realize that they can jerk each other off in an un-televised awards ceremony.

They do that too, you just don't see it because it's not a televised awards ceremony.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Uh, sorry this year is the 17th anniversary of the movie "Chicago", so we're gonna need at least 3 songs from that soundtrack in the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IRQ posted:

Those are the round table discussions from the Hollywood Reporter where they all sit around and tell each other how amazing they are. It's so funny seeing these serious discussions about a movie where a dude wears a cat suit and makes things explode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

They do that too, you just don't see it because it's not a televised awards ceremony.

Yeah like there is no shortage of industry award shows (even within the movie and TV-industry!) that thankfully don't get televised.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

PostNouveau posted:

Uh, sorry this year is the 17th anniversary of the movie "Chicago", so we're gonna need at least 3 songs from that soundtrack in the show.

Chicago owns!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisCubas/status/1093150500705439744

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Aww man, bummer. This last season has been pretty jump-the-sharkish so it's probably best to put it out of its misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

Aww man, bummer. This last season has been pretty jump-the-sharkish so it's probably best to put it out of its misery.

Eh, I haven't watched it in years, I'm surprised it's still on