Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is an early access survival game called Volcanoids where the gimmick is you have a mobile base that is basically a drill train that you build up and have to avoid periodic volcanic eruptions, but apparently you don't actually drive the drill train so gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat guys I think I’m really into Warframe now

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Aside from being the current big trend to cash in on BRs are fine imo, it's shooters that are painfully stagnant.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BRs are a type of shooter

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Taintrunner posted:

drat guys I think I’m really into Warframe now

Welcome, child. :getin:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The best modern shooters are Titanfall 2 and Monster Hunter World.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i heard your characters have ults

They even call them Ultimates. Best in its class.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

They even call them Ultimates. Best in its class.
they will insist you do not call the titular Apex Legends "heroes" though, because that reminds people of overwatch

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Aside from being the current big trend to cash in on BRs are fine imo, it's shooters that are painfully stagnant.

that's why I'm looking forward to splatoon royale in 2025

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All genres are stagnant until they aren’t

:smuggo:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i bet like. capcom could make a mario x monster hunter batroy and it would be insanely good somehow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

i heard your characters have ults

Yeah but they arent very wacky and you gonna be dead in most matches before they cooldown

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Crossovers are so cynical, they’re just an extension of marketing, the most evil science in the world

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like it when two things I like crossover in something good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Right, like BlazBlue/Persona/Under Night in Birth/RWBY

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Help Im Alive posted:

Right, like BlazBlue/Persona/Under Night in Birth/RWBY

Where's the two good things?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah only Under Night is good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blazblue is alright and I thought people liked RWBY now. I have still not actually seen it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Focus on the good thing at the end imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Crossovers can be good
Crossovers can be bad
Crossing Over is always bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Focus on the good thing at the end imo

Given a thing is good, it becomes even better if it can latch onto my memories of other good things so that it functions as like, 1.1 good things in total. That said, latching onto positive memories won't turn something bad into something good except in very very borderline scenarios (looking at you fate/extella, which I ditched the instant I finished Tamamo's story because I don't have any positive memories of Atilla)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The crossover is good when it is rare, unexpected, and enhances both sides of whatever you're crossing over. The most successful crossover of all time was undeniably eukaryotic endosymbiosis.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RWBY is the loving worst.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i remember downloading episodes of red versus blue off roosterteeth's website in the early oughts. this is all i have to contribute to this discussion.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I tried watching the first couple of episodes of RWBY, and I've been assured it gets better but I'm just gonna take their word for it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Given a thing is good, it becomes even better if it can latch onto my memories of other good things so that it functions as like, 1.1 good things in total. That said, latching onto positive memories won't turn something bad into something good except in very very borderline scenarios (looking at you fate/extella, which I ditched the instant I finished Tamamo's story because I don't have any positive memories of Atilla)

The Altera story is good and also has Gilgamesh and Iskander, and she is certainly more fun to play than Tamamo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

The Altera story is good and also has Gilgamesh and Iskander, and she is certainly more fun to play than Tamamo.

Tamamo is my favorite Fate character and it would have taken a miracle for Atilla to be good enough to salvage the third arc since Tamamo was barely enough for the second

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I just finished RE2 2nd scenario and this credits music is cheesy as hell, it's like the 90s never left :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember RWBY was being animated in a program that usually isn't used for animation, what was it, Blender? Or something else?

I just know that the creator is dead and also that he made that haloid thing and I've heard that he animates fight scenes pretty well which is why the fight scenes in RWBY are supposedly really really good and then the rest is like

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That first one is me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
rooster teeth fired vic mignogna so they're okay in my book

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

What is even going on here

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in dumb internet bullshit news, russ pitts, the guy who revived the escapist after everyone fled it from being an alt-right cesspool, told zoe quinn on twitter to stop making everything about her and that he's not on her side

https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/1093199813858992128
https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/1093201222683758592?s=19

then he 'apologized' after he got ratioed to hell and gaming twitter dunked on him for a couple of hours

escapist 2.0 though i guess is going to be a lot like escapist 1.0

is yahtzee still a part of it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember RWBY was being animated in a program that usually isn't used for animation, what was it, Blender? Or something else?

I just know that the creator is dead and also that he made that haloid thing and I've heard that he animates fight scenes pretty well which is why the fight scenes in RWBY are supposedly really really good and then the rest is like

dang i gotta say that's some ugly rear end animation there. isn't this the show that's really popular in japan too?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

GUI posted:

What is even going on here

He just wanted to take off his jacket but ah gently caress too strong

The 7th Guest posted:

in dumb internet bullshit news, russ pitts, the guy who revived the escapist after everyone fled it from being an alt-right cesspool, told zoe quinn on twitter to stop making everything about her and that he's not on her side

https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/1093199813858992128
https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/1093201222683758592?s=19

then he 'apologized' after he got ratioed to hell and gaming twitter dunked on him for a couple of hours

escapist 2.0 though i guess is going to be a lot like escapist 1.0

is yahtzee still a part of it

Pus Armpitts

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What does getting ratioed mean, for those of us who are twitter illiterate?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

reminds me of this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

when you get a high ratio of replies dunking on you to your number of "favs" or "likes" or "blorps"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

chumbler posted:

More people respond to the tweet than like it, usually to do sick owns, dunks and drags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also missed opportunity to coin the term twilliterate imho