Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Which direction should he gently caress off? North? Ummm....

Into space. So north on the z axis. Shoot him into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

friendbot2000 posted:

Into space. So north on the z axis. Shoot him into the sun

So his vileness can shine on us?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Star Man posted:

So his vileness can shine on us?

Its kind of like burning him at the stake except forever I guess

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

axeil posted:

:stare:

well VA is all hosed up.

Fairfax should be in prison, Northam should resign and I haven't made up my mind yet about Herring because he at least seems legit sorry and brought it up on his own.

Christ.

I don't think Herring should get too much credit. He just watched the governor and lt governor melt down in the past week. Politically what choice do you have? Get out in front of what is probably the next inevitable national story that is all about yourself or just hope it doesn't come out? The attack on Northam was obviously politically motivated so the republicans are out with knives. Might as well admit to it preemptively and hope to gain some good will out of it.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

1stGear posted:

Didn't Trump take out a full page ad in the Times demanding the Central Park Five be executed even after they'd been exonerated? Seems a bit worse than blackface imo.

He took the ad out before they were exonerated but has never admitted he was wrong even after DNA evidence proved their innocence. The difference is small so your overall sentiment is well taken.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hemantmehta/status/1093237782833651712

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Good thing they blacked out that baby's eyes so we wouldn't know who it is.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

friendbot2000 posted:

Its kind of like burning him at the stake except forever I guess

No way, because then that poo poo beams down on us in the sunlight. You cut off his head and bury his body upside down at a crossroads.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Even better

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Also, just read the WP article about Herring and he said that in 1980 he dressed as a "rapper"?

A 19 year old white boy in Virginia dressed as a "rapper" in 1980? Hmm.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Star Man posted:

No way, because then that poo poo beams down on us in the sunlight. You cut off his head and bury his body upside down at a crossroads.

Idk, prob not going far enough. Dismember each limb and put it in a pocket dimension.

Someone better call Supernatural because I got an idea for a racist lich that was dismembered.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Awww, looks like Jeff Fartenberry has someone to bond with

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Someone should tell him that Eyehategod is a band. Better yet, play some of their stuff for him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I've spent time at Vino's. They are good people.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Fairfax is a rapist now? When did that happen?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i feel like national dems really jumped the gun calling for northam to resign. dressing up in blackface makes you a piece of poo poo but it was 30 years ago, that doesnt rise to the level of national scandal. that northam voted for Bush jr in 08 should be far more damning but apparently no one gave a poo poo about that during the primary. sexual assault is obviously several orders of magnitude worse and now they've painted themselves into a corner, so to speak. fwiw i think its a bit hysterical to think this will flip VA red in 2020 considering thats like twenty months from now and northam won his race by 8 points

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1stGear posted:

Didn't Trump take out a full page ad in the Times demanding the Central Park Five be executed even after they'd been exonerated? Seems a bit worse than blackface imo.

Not just that, he pretty recently walked out of an interview when the interviewer mentioned them

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

friendbot2000 posted:

Idk, prob not going far enough. Dismember each limb and put it in a pocket dimension.

Someone better call Supernatural because I got an idea for a racist lich that was dismembered.

I recall reading about an execution of a thief that a young Elizabeth Bathory witnessed. They opened up a dying horse's stomach, put the theif into the horse's opening, sewed it back up, and left it there.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

1stGear posted:

Don Cheadle said Trump has used a racial slur in front of him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
eyehategod owns

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone get Ruben Studdard on the phone

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

Also, just read the WP article about Herring and he said that in 1980 he dressed as a "rapper"?

A 19 year old white boy in Virginia dressed as a "rapper" in 1980? Hmm.

He specifically mentioned Kurtis Blow, whose first album was a hit in 1979 with the release of "Christmas Rappin'". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtis_Blow

I'll go with whatever the Black Caucus says about Herring. They met with him this morning, and haven't made a statement yet.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

cargo cult posted:

i feel like national dems really jumped the gun calling for northam to resign. dressing up in blackface makes you a piece of poo poo but it was 30 years ago, that doesnt rise to the level of national scandal.

who cares about dems, how do his black constituents feel about it?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

1stGear posted:

I mean, he announced his campaign with "all Mexicans in the US are rapists, drug dealers and criminals", and if someone doesn't think he's racist after that would seeing him in blackface really convince them?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

skeleton warrior posted:

He specifically called out Kurtis Blow, whose first album was a hit in 1979 with the release of "Christmas Rappin'". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtis_Blow

I'll go with whatever the Black Caucus says about Herring. They met with him this morning, and haven't made a statement yet.

Fair enough.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

quote:

depicts me "biting a baby" in my mouth

How else do you "bite" things?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He can't run for reelection. Virginia governors are limited to a single four-year term.

Only if they got elected to begin with. If someone ascends to the governorship from here on, they can and will stand for re-election in 2022.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

please provide any bit of evidence that VA, which has been trending blue for the last 10 years, grew more blue between 2017 and 2018 (and in 2017 had a historic drubbing of Republican state officials), and is about to have significant redistricting to remove gerrymandering before the next electoral cycle -- gerrymandering which is why the Republicans control any level of the government -- is somehow going to magically shift to the right.

also remember that the character of the Republican party in VA isn't mild mannered centrism, it's full throated Confederate revival racism -- to the point where the entire Republican state party is in shambles because many of their most prominent members left in protest of the shift to the right. it's hard for this party to campaign on both 'political correctness is removing our monuments and is bad' and 'Democrats are the real racists!'.

this is a lovely scandal but it won't have any significant electoral impacts other than sinking any chance Fairfax or Herring had to succeed Northam. luckily there is a large group of younger, active Democrats ready to step up.
yup

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

cargo cult posted:

i feel like national dems really jumped the gun calling for northam to resign. dressing up in blackface makes you a piece of poo poo but it was 30 years ago, that doesnt rise to the level of national scandal. that northam voted for Bush jr in 08 should be far more damning but apparently no one gave a poo poo about that during the primary. sexual assault is obviously several orders of magnitude worse and now they've painted themselves into a corner, so to speak. fwiw i think its a bit hysterical to think this will flip VA red in 2020 considering thats like twenty months from now and northam won his race by 8 points

He either dressed up in blackface and a full-on minstrel costume, which is significantly worse than blacking yourself up to look like an actor/actress/musician (note: latter is still poo poo) or he dressed up in a KKK outfit. Then he stood next to whichever one he didn't dress up as. And then he couldn't remember which of the two hugely racist costumes he was dressed up in, and decided to put that picture into his yearbook.

Nah dude, the reaction was pretty on point.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Star Man posted:

I recall reading about an execution of a thief that a young Elizabeth Bathory witnessed. They opened up a dying horse's stomach, put the theif into the horse's opening, sewed it back up, and left it there.

:staredog:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here is why they are focussing on him

https://mobile.twitter.com/PPGreatPlainsAR/status/1093207445298647040

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The Sean posted:

How else do you "bite" things?

Shadow puppets or vagina dentata

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Not just that, he pretty recently walked out of an interview when the interviewer mentioned them

Wasn't that Giuliani?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Star Man posted:

If you go back throughout history and read about the many various hosed up ways that humans have used to execute other humans it makes us seem pretty irredeemable as a species. That's a wiki wormhole I don't think my stomach could take these days.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Yeah tbh I feel like what gets lost in a lot of the conversation is that Northam's photo was much worse than just "a dude in blackface" because it also had a loving KKK member in it. Like, if a photo had come out of his stupid Michael Jackson costume or whatever, it'd be a different discussion.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The original thin story that were dismissed originally has been independently supported - the accuser has gone public (instead of a rightwing rag posting her text messages to a friend), and her lawyers are in talks with an NBC affiliate. In addition, WaPo has 'clarified' their previous decision to not publish the story, stating that they didn't find any conclusive evidence to either support or contradict the accusation - in other words, a He Said/She Said situation without the accuser willing to go public.

There's also some stuff going on about Fairfax calling the accuser a bitch in a private meeting but that's... a different situation.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Star Man posted:

Holy loving poo poo Elizabeth Bathory was as hosed up as a football bat. :stonk:

Literally bleeding virgin girls to death and bathing in their blood in the hopes it would make her look younger? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If all this leads to VA republicans being in charge of redistricting (since they control the house (because of that one race that was a literal tie and determined by drawing straws)) I'm gonna break my own feet with a hammer. I don't expect this to help, I'll just need an outlet.