Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
As my first time doing season stuff (on Switch, with a full IK set Barb focused on cooldown reduction for the massive damage bonus), Slayer --> Champion progression represents a huge bottleneck, and obviously by design since Champion requires a lot of T10 clears and Slayer required T7, which I could do as long as I attacked when I had the damage bonus from WoB and CotA. T10 is -completely over my head- with 400K sheet dps and 11m toughness. What are good numbers for T10 viability, including paragon level? (Mine's 164 currently.)

I guess I can try my hand at G48 (the highest Grift I'd been able to complete with my current kit), if I need to get levels quickly.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
You shouldn't need CDR for that build: the combination of Call of the Ancients/Ancients' Fury and Gavel of Judgment means you can just hammer the ground to get WotB back, and WotB isn't a huge source of toughness so in a lot of cases you can just tickle random mobs with HotA instead.

Band of Might is a huge leap in toughness, so focus on getting that and keeping the buff up at all times.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

If it's your first time and you don't mind doing something cookie cutter, go to icyveins and pick a build and use all the legendaries they tell you. Most builds are not effective until they are "complete" with all their pieces and the correct skills chosen. I don't think you need to worry about "stats to aim for" until you are pushing high grifts, or at least, I've never paid attention to them.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

exquisite tea posted:

The game is doing you a favor and saying "this floor is bullshit" right from the beginning so that you can port out and reset.

Sometimes that's true for sure. But some builds will get pasted at moderately high GR levels if they take an errant shot from even "good" mobs. As one example I've been playing Zuni WD for fun and your defense doesn't come online until you have 10 Soul Harvest stacks and 15 spawned Fetish Sycophants from attacking with a spender. For me right now that's the difference between 15m sheet toughness and ~300m.

It's not a huge deal, I'm not going to rage on the official forums over it or anything. I find it an occasional annoyance, but I can handle it.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 6, 2019

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Incoherence posted:

You shouldn't need CDR for that build: the combination of Call of the Ancients/Ancients' Fury and Gavel of Judgment means you can just hammer the ground to get WotB back, and WotB isn't a huge source of toughness so in a lot of cases you can just tickle random mobs with HotA instead.

Band of Might is a huge leap in toughness, so focus on getting that and keeping the buff up at all times.

I have Elective mode on, so I could get all the skills you said up in the same skill set (including the literal huge leap in toughness from leap). Also, when these stack my toughness goes to 246M. It's like having Ignore Pain without using a slot for it.

Thanks for your advice, it was exactly the reason I was able to claim the Diablo and Siegebreaker clears for the Champion portion of the journey, and it should be good for the rest except for the 3x35 Legendary Gem thing. That's going to take a while no matter what.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

deepshock posted:

As my first time doing season stuff (on Switch, with a full IK set Barb focused on cooldown reduction for the massive damage bonus), Slayer --> Champion progression represents a huge bottleneck, and obviously by design since Champion requires a lot of T10 clears and Slayer required T7, which I could do as long as I attacked when I had the damage bonus from WoB and CotA. T10 is -completely over my head with 400K sheet dps and 11m toughness. What are good numbers for T10 viability, including paragon level (Mine's 164 currently.)

I guess I can try my hand at G48 (the highest Grift I'd been able to complete with my current kit), if I need to get levels quickly.

I'm running the same build and got super lucky with a Bracers of the First Men drop. It's lvl 53 and I haven't found a better version of it since. I'm Paragon 319 and not drops, gambling, or cubes have paid off, dammit. I did find a Gavel of Judgment that I cubed and it's an amazing damage boost. I pound faces for 45 billion crits with my other skills up it's great.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Waffle! posted:

I'm running the same build and got super lucky with a Bracers of the First Men drop. It's lvl 53 and I haven't found a better version of it since. I'm Paragon 319 and not drops, gambling, or cubes have paid off, dammit. I did find a Gavel of Judgment that I cubed and it's an amazing damage boost. I pound faces for 45 billion crits with my other skills up it's great.

Since IK involves a weapon and I really like the stats rolled on the set weapon, cubing a Gavel will be an excellent idea once I find one.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
My favorite build of all time is basically a WW Barb speedfarm variant where I cast two shouts and hold down one button to kill stuff, with another button I press if I want more damage mitigation for whatever reason. The ultimate lazy way to play.

This season I rolled a DH with the intention of going Multi Shot but since the free set was Strafe/Rain of Vengeance I kind of got hooked and tailored it to literally play exactly as my lazy WW build.

I was wondering if there is anything like that for Crusader? I played one many seasons ago (holy shotgun or something), and would like to roll another. Can you make a Thorns or Condemn build that basically just runs thru a map and things die around you with the push of one button and occasionally stop to gather DBs?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

That's invoker. Hold left click til the elite dies, then right click to ride away from the pile of corpses and onto the next one. All the other cooldown skills are just something I mash when I see my red orb move. I never use them strategically.

Necromancer also has an amazing build called lazymancer that requires one button press every sixty seconds, but it caps out around GR70.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Invoker thorns suuuuucks

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It plays basically identically to Shadow for DH.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shadow is absurd single target dmg tho? It’s been a long time since I played invokers but I remember not being able to kill gobs because they don’t attack

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Like 80% of your damage is from your melee attack, if not more. You might have been playing it wrong.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Crusaders just seem to have a hard time with goblins in general. Even with Condemn and being able to attack them without standing still and holding down a macro key on my keyboard, I still have to chase the stupid goblin around sometimes. Goblin packs are the worst.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

mewse posted:

Invoker thorns suuuuucks

I like it :smith:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

:same:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Invoker May be my favorite spec.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

mewse posted:

Shadow is absurd single target dmg tho? It’s been a long time since I played invokers but I remember not being able to kill gobs because they don’t attack

Sorry only just saw this, 6pc (I think) gives your punish an aoe with damage based on your thorns. Or something. You slap the poo poo out of people instead of waiting for them to hit you mostly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah there was an old thorns build that relied on taunting, new thorns is just “Stab the manz”

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It still drives me loving insane that Sanguinary Vambraces isn't part of the Invoker build as a cube item.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wish I was better at managing the stash. Main thing putting me off starting a third character is lack of space/cleaning it up. And as much as I hoard, I still scrapped a few things I later regretted.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pushing up a new torment level every day or so this week, did solo torment poo poo for the first time and just loving destroyed it. Just did all four keywardens for the first time too, this week is all about new experiences

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Somehow I can get a random Primal Unique while gambling for a Zun Hat but I can't pull a Zun Ring or any of the WD Summon Rings to save my life. Had to get them by converting Sets and upgrading Rares.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

WarMECH posted:

Can you make a Thorns or Condemn build that basically just runs thru a map and things die around you with the push of one button and occasionally stop to gather DBs?

Condemn build auto-casts 4 skills with the numlock trick and walks through a map killing everything with no buttons pressed.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

How does the drat num lock thing work? I’m doing something wrong.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

How does the drat num lock thing work? I’m doing something wrong.

Add bindings for keys 1-4 to numpad 1-4

Hold down numpad keys while toggling numlock off

Profit

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Somehow I can get a random Primal Unique while gambling for a Zun Hat but I can't pull a Zun Ring or any of the WD Summon Rings to save my life. Had to get them by converting Sets and upgrading Rares.

You shouldn't waste blood on rings anyways, always upgrade those unless you literally have everything else ancient.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I have two choices before me and very limited playtime this season.

(1) Play DH or barb
(2) Use my 5 level 100 gems to augment my vyr manald wiz further

For #1, I have a sick traveler amulet (20% cold / 10% chc / 47% chd). For barb, well you don't need super sick gear and then I am suddenly a trash slayer and a zdps which is nice.

For #2, I already have great vyr manald gear because it keeps dropping. I can clear a ~100-103 without augmenting more. With augments, if it were softcore, I could probably clear a 110-112. I'm playing HC though and I'm not sure I want to risk dying in a >105. I'm only really missing a great wand and chc on my traveler amulet (it's ancient with a decent int roll, 100% chd, 8% cdr, socket, I spent a lot of souls rerolling traveler amulets already. Didn't get a good tal or archon one). Getting a decent wand shouldn't be hard because while pushing I can run aether and cube starfire.

I don't want to switch to tal meteor. I haven't found particularly great gear for it anyway. I could play DMO FO or Vyr FO if I get a wand+offhand for it. As it is, I don't even have a decent aether.

Secret #3: augment the wizard, use it when applicable, then start gearing up a dh or barb anyway and push in the last few days of the season. My barb has half ancient stuff already because it all dropped for my wizard, and I have okay focus/restraint already from wiz. I have 10k dbs + 22k mats + 5k souls + 500 bounty mats hoarded, too. I don't think gearing the DH will be that hard, but I am not very experienced with DH and will probably die at some point. At the same time, it feels bad throwing good money after bad by investing more in vyr manald when it doesn't scale like charge on trash or dh on rg/elites. Or a number of other classes/builds for various roles.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 7, 2019

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

deepshock posted:

T10 is -completely over my head- with 400K sheet dps and 11m toughness. What are good numbers for T10 viability, including paragon level? (Mine's 164 currently)

If you're stalling out before GR75 ish, it's almost certainly because you are missing key legendaries with either large % damage modifiers or large damage reduction effects - neither of which show up on your sheet numbers. Once you've got all of those it's worth worrying about your stats.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally get my Zun set and make my Gargantuan WD only to find that I'm apparently dying to a single hit from virtually everything in Torment XIII.

I should probably run this thing at lower difficulties.

Also I should just make a Monk instead.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Well sure, monks are basically the best, can't ever go wrong with them.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I finally get my Zun set and make my Gargantuan WD only to find that I'm apparently dying to a single hit from virtually everything in Torment XIII.

I should probably run this thing at lower difficulties.

Also I should just make a Monk instead.

Do you have your bracer and dagger? The bracer is mandatory and should be first on your gambling list.

Dameius posted:

I started with Monk this season but found DH easier to play and stronger. But monk U6 is the more fun spec.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also the current Akhan’s Thorns build is literally “Pony -> ride through enemies who explode instantly upon contact” it couldn’t be easier to play and it’s also the fastest build and farms T13 breezily.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dameius posted:

The first character I ever made was a Monk. Always a Monk. PC, PS3, PS4. Monks all the way.

bamhand posted:

Do you have your bracer and dagger? The bracer is mandatory and should be first on your gambling list.

Ironically the one item I have yet to get.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

I started with Monk this season but found DH easier to play and stronger. But monk U6 is the more fun spec.

DH are super strong as well. In a lot of ways they are basically just tomayto/tomahto. However Monks have the better movement and group builds, so I give it to them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Potentially dumb question so apologies ahead of time but I just got back into D3 after years off and all these new modes are a little confusing to me.

I am about to hit 70 on my original campaign mode (lol) barb. In reading around, sounds like once you hit 70, you should go after Haedrig's Gift set? If I understand correctly, since this is a seasonal set, this has to be on a (new) seasonal character meaning if I wanted the barb set I would have to roll a seasonal barb and go through the quests? Is the set then only wearable by the seasonal barb?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Potentially dumb question so apologies ahead of time but I just got back into D3 after years off and all these new modes are a little confusing to me.

I am about to hit 70 on my original campaign mode (lol) barb. In reading around, sounds like once you hit 70, you should go after Haedrig's Gift set? If I understand correctly, since this is a seasonal set, this has to be on a (new) seasonal character meaning if I wanted the barb set I would have to roll a seasonal barb and go through the quests? Is the set then only wearable by the seasonal barb?

Yes your seasonal items and characters are completely separate from non season until the end of the season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

bamhand posted:

Yes your seasonal items and characters are completely separate from non season until the end of the season.

Ok thanks, what happens at the end of the season? Wipe?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Your seasonal stuff becomes non season. So you can keep all the stuff you found plus the character you leveled and any paragon experience you gained for non season play if you wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Your seasonal characters go to the non-season ladder where they'll remain forever with all the gear, materials and paragon points you acquired until you delete them or rebirth them into a new season.