Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Finally, the first movie about a female superhero AND the first movie with a female lead. Kind of amazing that it took us as a society such a long time to allow women to appear in movies, to be honest. #itsgettingbetter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gonna be funny if it flops and suddenly Infinity War 2 is based around a new character no one cares about. We might see them go full Poochie.

Captain Marvel got her powers absorbed by Rogue on the way to her home planet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

super sweet best pal posted:

Captain Marvel got her powers absorbed by Rogue on the way to her home planet.

Extremely obvious CGI replacement with an actress doing an adorably bad Southern accent.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Paladinus posted:

Finally, the first movie about a female superhero AND the first movie with a female lead. Kind of amazing that it took us as a society such a long time to allow women to appear in movies, to be honest. #itsgettingbetter

Too little too late. Where’s the gay and trans supers?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

look at this rube who hasnt heard of fabman

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gonna be funny if it flops and suddenly Infinity War 2 is based around a new character no one cares about. We might see them go full Poochie.

Endgame is in two months it's too late lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Endgame is three hours long what the gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Endgame is three hours long what the gently caress

I bet it's going to have a Return of the King tier ending too. Remember to take a piss break.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Special Edition Endgame Adult Diapers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The post credits sequence where they desperately try to set up enough future plot hooks to keep people from losing interest after the logical endpoint of a decade-long arc and likely the sendoff for most of their big draws... I'm gonna real drunk for this one.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Some Guy TT posted:

So he’s not a superhero who happens to be gay but a superhero who’s power is gayness?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lol just lol if you watched any Avengers movie after the first one. It was so bad!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Why are you feeding this beast money???

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol just lol if you watched any Avengers movie after the first one. It was so bad!

this guy gets it

I’m at the point where I’m watching more foreign films and B-movies than I am regular Hollywood movies because the action isn’t a bunch of CG cartoon crap with no impact or weight

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

this guy gets it

I’m at the point where I’m watching more foreign films and B-movies than I am regular Hollywood movies because the action isn’t a bunch of CG cartoon crap with no impact or weight

And I'll be honest, I was into the MCU up until that movie that just barfed easter eggs and threw a CGI alien fight at the end. loving :laffo:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Hollywood is part of the problem.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

Whats with his hosed up tiny face

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Crane Fist posted:

Whats with his hosed up tiny face

He's Charlie Kirk after he embraces his sexuality

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Don't face shame.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Aetna/status/1075132018059632640

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
gonna go reply to that with this https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/health/aetna-surgery-denied-for-girl/index.html

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"Give us money just in case you need our services, but also we'll decide if you need our services. Looks like you don't. gently caress you, got mine."

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/1093256728341348358

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

being on an insulin pump loving sucks lol

even if it's covered under insurance the company will lie and say it's not every month when you try to order new supplies so you will have 1-2 week periods where you run out of working sensors and insulin

fixing this costs at least several hours of calls done during work hours. every month.

Tiny Timbs has issued a correction as of 00:55 on Feb 7, 2019

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Well I mean it's self care why should they have to do anything.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
gently caress, I'm so sick and tired of self care, and it's only been a viral marketing term for couple months

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's been a form of politics for a while now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
As far as I'm concerned, it's just a shorthand for "be a reckless consumerist pig and feel good about it"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

or like suddenly your prescription will expire because that's totally a thing that makes sense for a chronic condition so they will halt all supply deliveries until you pay for another trip to the doctor

and then when they write a new prescription the insurance company will lie and say it's not covered. again.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
https://twitter.com/dril/status/903040773985316864

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i just got a tonsilitis diagnosis and when the staff at my south korean clinic found out i was uninsured they were worried that the cost might drive me away

it was forty bucks for the doctor to get the poo poo off my tonsils twenty for the optional iv treatment and ten for the medicine i dont think they believed me when i said the same treatment would cost a thousand times as much in the us

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a shorthand for "be a reckless consumerist pig and feel good about it"

It's just a cutesy new way to phrase 'personal responsibility', ie, society shouldn't care about its members an iota beyond their ability to pay for people to serve them

The Joker was wrong, and Thatcher was right, we don't live in a society, we live in an atomised post-apocalyptic hellhole where some of the raider gangs have brands and billboards.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Well no it's a real mental health concept that's good to follow (i.e. its easy to get caught up in the stress of life and what you need to do for others, learn to care about your own needs sometimes).

But it rings hollow coming from those putting stressors on people to begin with.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well no it's a real mental health concept that's good to follow (i.e. its easy to get caught up in the stress of life and what you need to do for others, learn to care about your own needs sometimes).

But it rings hollow coming from those putting stressors on people to begin with.

That's the only place I've ever heard it coming from tbh

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Some Guy TT posted:

it was forty bucks for the doctor to get the poo poo off my tonsils twenty for the optional iv treatment and ten for the medicine i dont think they believed me when i said the same treatment would cost a thousand times as much in the us

I got my wisdom teeth out for 5 dollars in Taiwan. There is a yearly cap of 2000 USD you spend on medical care here (for what is considered essential), and every dollar send above that you get back as a refund. US healthcare is a poo poo show.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/fuckrashida/status/1093213729603239936?s=19

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

I got my wisdom teeth out for 5 dollars in Taiwan. There is a yearly cap of 2000 USD you spend on medical care here (for what is considered essential), and every dollar send above that you get back as a refund. US healthcare is a poo poo show.

the american healthcare system is a system to extract money from the public and any heathcare delivery is entirely incidental

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Shear Modulus posted:

the american healthcare system is a system to extract money from the public and any heathcare delivery is entirely incidental

People convinced that their taxes shouldn't go into their own pockets but are fine spending it on that totally cool missile defense system that totally isn't a total waste of money. MAGA, bitch!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Yes but it's such a great villain in breaking bad.