Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Measly Twerp posted:

It's amazing how proud these idiots are about not caring about feelings, except apparently feeling smug.

oh they don't care about feelings until something personally affects them, then they cry and scream and beg and throw things and blame antifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you (ben shapiro): im making a mixed drink to own the libs
me (not ben shapiro): watch me gulp this grain alcohol to own myself

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Stone toss is the saddest comic

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he had to trace family photos to make that comic

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tokamak posted:

It's a very old poll from January 2016, roughly a year and a half after it started. It's right at the point where the 'ethics in games journalism' aspect of the movement lost most of its steam. The article isn't completely wrong, and that a lot of early gamergaters did identify as 'liberal' and voted for Obama. Basically 'liberal' translated to supporting civil liberties, and their deeper ideology was a lot more moderate in nature. The survey was pre-Republican nominee Trump, and the movement's right wing radicalisation was only just starting in earnest.

I suspect that many of the remaining adherents would still identify as liberal even if they had voted for Trump or UK Conservatives. They're a very touchy bunch when it comes to criticism, and the liberal identity is extremely vague and avoids being boxed in along the left-right spectrum. It's pretty much the same thing with the alt-right. They're just regular people standing up against the real threat, antifa.

GG started in earnest in 2013, though. By 2016 I'm sure things solidified enough that anyone still identifying as a GG'er knew they were going to be looked at as a shithead.

That being said, I would believe the poll only because I know plenty of people genuinely "on the left", in terms of supporting things like raising the minimum wage, but also think women are manipulative whores and would also like if they could be able to say the n-word in public again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
important meme news

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1093237219802923009
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1093239176353533953

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

They probably won't message you back so instead read their posts to see what they're about and what they get up to and decide if it's your sort of scene. If you want to get in with the group you need to wait until they post an event and then go to it.

Antifa facebook groups usually do respond actually in my experience. So yeah, you can click Send Message, and then just tell them what area of the country you're in and ask if they happen to know any antifa groups near you. Then you can see if that group has any events and go to them to get to know them.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

how the hell do these grifters get this much credit card credit?

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1092903849365594114

Ok what is going on with her belly button in this picture? You could see that thing from space.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's trying to escape

The only amusing thing about stone toss is that it full throated endorses every alt right sentiment from bitcoin to video games to holocaust denial

Uncle Wemus has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Feb 6, 2019

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

ekuNNN posted:

Antifa facebook groups usually do respond actually in my experience. So yeah, you can click Send Message, and then just tell them what area of the country you're in and ask if they happen to know any antifa groups near you. Then you can see if that group has any events and go to them to get to know them.

Can confirm, they do respond. I got in contact with my local chapter of Redneck Revolt after Patriot Prayer flyered my neighborhood.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wondering what would happen if I called the police on Sargon for threatening to shoot Twitter employees. Probably nothing.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

Wondering what would happen if I called the police on Sargon for threatening to shoot Twitter employees. Probably nothing.

fukc u snitch

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Quote-Unquote posted:

British police will happily follow up on bad words

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh I'm not going to. I'm just wondering what would happen if I was like "hey this tubby beardy gently caress in Swindon is saying that Twitter should be careful about banning people because they might just get shot". And again, probably nothing, because the police would look at him and go "lol that oval office's too scared to leave the house nevermind illegally acquire a gun and go shoot people"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
@jack is the worst because if I found out I could drive people as crazy as Loomer and Sargon just by banning and loving with them on my platform I would do nothing else with my day. But he's such a chud he spends all his time coddling them and trying to get them to behave until he's forced by the PR department to turn their poo poo off for 24 hours because they couldn't stop sending death threats in DMs or whatever.

And even after getting handled with kids gloves they cry about being oppressed to the point that they've convinced an entire swath of conservatives that they're all being "shadowbanned" because they don't get RT'd as much as poo poo that's actually funny or entertaining, when they're totally convinced they're also that entertaining and it makes no sense that their bot filled follow list isn't engaging as much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
big mood

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

@jack is the worst because if I found out I could drive people as crazy as Loomer and Sargon just by banning and loving with them on my platform I would do nothing else with my day. But he's such a chud he spends all his time coddling them and trying to get them to behave until he's forced by the PR department to turn their poo poo off for 24 hours because they couldn't stop sending death threats in DMs or whatever.

And even after getting handled with kids gloves they cry about being oppressed to the point that they've convinced an entire swath of conservatives that they're all being "shadowbanned" because they don't get RT'd as much as poo poo that's actually funny or entertaining, when they're totally convinced they're also that entertaining and it makes no sense that their bot filled follow list isn't engaging as much.

the best part is when they think liberals are stealing thousands of their followers, when in reality its just twitter running cleanup on their purchased bots

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's trying to escape

The only amusing thing about stone toss is that it full throated endorses every alt right sentiment from bitcoin to video games to holocaust denial
it also hates the heck out of circumcision

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was stone toss/red panels the one that pulled in $25 a month on patreon, then moved to hatreon and made no money?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Siljmonster posted:

you (ben shapiro): im making a mixed drink to own the libs
me (not ben shapiro): watch me gulp this grain alcohol to own myself

I just remembered he also said he doesn't believe anyone actually enjoys whisky. Like, at all.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1093275652181118977

uh.... :thunk:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I was going to make a joke about mixing a margarita with some completely inappropriate drink but I searched a bit and it looks like someone somewhere has tried to make a margarita with just about any booze you can think of.

https://twitter.com/TPIllyria/status/1092978099057246208

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

terf mad about gamergate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

I was going to make a joke about mixing a margarita with some completely inappropriate drink but I searched a bit and it looks like someone somewhere has tried to make a margarita with just about any booze you can think of.

https://twitter.com/TPIllyria/status/1092978099057246208

lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Graham sees a way back into good graces

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i clicked on graham linemans thing and now hes in a fight with emily gorcenski???

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1092911208078954496

click through for the fight with emily and someone i presume is a terf

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

cumshitter posted:

i clicked on graham linemans thing and now hes in a fight with emily gorcenski???

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1092911208078954496

click through for the fight with emily and someone i presume is a terf

reminder, the "hate speech against lesbians" they're referring to is some terf being called a terf

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao goddamn what a corncob

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1092891473606045696

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
holy poo poo this picture from that tweet thread is great

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://twitter.com/apcentralregion/status/1093289825644564480?s=21

all lives splatter

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hellsau posted:

I thought we agreed on no items

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
ironically the parody turning point accounts target college age youth more effectively

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1093278893186924544

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Hellsau posted:

This is almost an Action Comics #1 send-up but it isn't quite and that bothers me!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

:drat:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

This is almost an Action Comics #1 send-up but it isn't quite and that bothers me!

Its missing a blonde white damsel in distress. In other words the day in the life of an alt righter

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Alan Smithee posted:

Its missing a blonde white damsel in distress.

?

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 01:40 on Feb 7, 2019

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TPSaudiArabia/status/1092970165459922944

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

that's unfortunate

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Ague Proof posted:

that's unfortunate

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

that's unfortunate

I guess he went galt