Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1093252340319207424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Comics gate is going full QAnon with Renfamous.

https://twitter.com/NewportAntifa/status/1093223529506582528?s=19

I think it's somehow tied on with that frivolous lawsuit against Mark Waid for Avalanche dropping some alt right book.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh my word he actually tagged Idris Elba.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Principal Hellmann posted:

they pretend she's trans just so they can trash her even more.

comicsgate is full of lovely dickbags.

Hm, is there a different phrase for misgendering someone as trans when they aren't? Or the same phraseology?

I mean, the accuser is obviously transphobic either way, just rarely had the occasion to consider what is respective when someone is called trans who isn't.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Hm, is there a different phrase for misgendering someone as trans when they aren't? Or the same phraseology?

I mean, the accuser is obviously transphobic either way, just rarely had the occasion to consider what is respective when someone is called trans who isn't.

Much like reverse racism is not a thing, misgendering is just misgendering no matter what direction you do it in. Things like this are helpful because they can be used to demonstrate how transphobic mindsets hurt cis people too. You can always count on the gators to be the goofus to our gallant.

Skwirl posted:

Comics gate is going full QAnon with Renfamous.

https://twitter.com/NewportAntifa/status/1093223529506582528?s=19

I think it's somehow tied on with that frivolous lawsuit against Mark Waid for Avalanche dropping some alt right book.

https://twitter.com/NewportAntifa/status/1093307151257399296

:thunk:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Come on dude youre not supposed to admit you're just trying to get her to waste her time

Oddly twitter is not giving me the option to report the tweet either

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bold strategy, Cotton.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

look at those clowns. real maroons *tosses money into a firepit* idiot clowns, always gaffing up

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dawgstar posted:

Bold strategy, Cotton.

I went back to look it up, because I thought I remembered it from back when Miller was a favorite punching bag in the LF political cartoons thread, and the man has five children.

There has got to be something better he could do with any money in his possession than throwing it away to "own the libz."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I will never understand the right's obsession with using lots of money on buying stuff they're going to destroy.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alhazred posted:

I will never understand the right's obsession with using lots of money on buying stuff they're going to destroy.
Conspicuous consumption to be a show of wealth. I am successful and rich and I can afford to light this stack of Goddess Mode comics on fire with a hundred dollar bill!

Also please support my Hatreon, I'm almost making 20 bucks a month but I'd like to make 22.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Alhazred posted:

They're stupid and cowardly and since everything they can conceptualize is the warm backwash of mainstream ideology the only ways they can think of exerting any kind of agency are either buying something or shooting something.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is it perverse to take delight in this miller piece of poo poo ruining what little reputation he has left?

What an rear end in a top hat, man the internet does a number on some people

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Archyduchess posted:

They're stupid and cowardly and since everything they can conceptualize is the warm backwash of mainstream ideology the only ways they can think of exerting any kind of agency are either buying something or shooting something.
They're so brain poisoned by late capitalism that they can only imagine taking action in the context of consuming and merchandise and brands.

I will perform an act of ritual consumption, exchanging money for some mass-produced toy with a particular media branding on it, but instead of playing with it or enjoying it I will destroy it. This will really show those people I just gave my money to.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I think part of it is them thinking "I have this instead of one of those idiots who LIKE this and now I'll destroy it so they never will!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ash Crimson posted:

Is it perverse to take delight in this miller piece of poo poo ruining what little reputation he has left?

What an rear end in a top hat, man the internet does a number on some people

It's morally correct to take joy from Nazis self destructing

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Webcomic artist Chloe Handler posted this on Twitter, a delightful send-up of CG's endless whining about 'production delays.'

Cue somebody in her comments taking it dead seriously in 3... 2... 1...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JustPlainTweets/status/1093600480004096002?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
From the idiots on social media thread in PYF.

They popped in my timeline earlier for something stupid and comics gate adjacent, I'll see if I can find it. I've never heard of this company before, are they an actual comic publisher people know about, or is it literally only digital and print on demand stuff?

Edit: Here we go

https://twitter.com/SigilComics/status/1093585785712979970

And some of their art, so you know what comics will look like when we finally get rid of all the drat SJWs ruining comics.

https://twitter.com/SigilComics/status/1093618819568939009

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 8, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh cool I'm not the only person who started drawing for the first time ever a month ago and has delusions of getting published

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

And some of their art, so you know what comics will look like when we finally get rid of all the drat SJWs ruining comics.

https://twitter.com/SigilComics/status/1093618819568939009

I think I've mentioned it before, but years ago, I attended Wizardworld Chicago with a press badge, and as a result, I got an insane number of small- and self-published comics thrown at me, occasionally literally, over the course of the convention. Some were okay, some were good, some were basically jumped-up scribbles bound by hand and made with a photocopier. I still have a couple, one of which had a really good cover but the interiors were basically FF7 fanart done in ballpoint pen.

And somehow, Johnny Gonna Save Comics here has not cleared that bar. I hope to hell he's only about 13.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hostile V posted:

Conspicuous consumption to be a show of wealth. I am successful and rich and I can afford to light this stack of Goddess Mode comics on fire with a hundred dollar bill!

Also please support my Hatreon, I'm almost making 20 bucks a month but I'd like to make 22.

You're overthinking if you're looking for reasons why people on the extreme far right burn books and art. They have form in the area.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I always worry that at some point these idiots are going to turn to their side someone who knows how to draw or write but I guess their level of idiocy is (thus far) incompatible with any real artistic skill.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Wanderer posted:

I think I've mentioned it before, but years ago, I attended Wizardworld Chicago with a press badge, and as a result, I got an insane number of small- and self-published comics thrown at me, occasionally literally, over the course of the convention. Some were okay, some were good, some were basically jumped-up scribbles bound by hand and made with a photocopier. I still have a couple, one of which had a really good cover but the interiors were basically FF7 fanart done in ballpoint pen.

And somehow, Johnny Gonna Save Comics here has not cleared that bar. I hope to hell he's only about 13.

I haven't been to a mainstream comic con in many years but yeah the small/self people there were just so bad and so earnest, and it was clear that they only ever read a particular variety of superhero comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fangz posted:

I always worry that at some point these idiots are going to turn to their side someone who knows how to draw or write but I guess their level of idiocy is (thus far) incompatible with any real artistic skill.

Fortunately CG have pooped themselves to such a degree even if an artist shared their views they would be likely to keep it under wraps because they enjoy making consistent money from actual comic companies instead of hoping for six figures from an IndieGoGo. Thus their big gun remains EVS, whose work reminds me of those mid-90's Image house artists.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

Fortunately CG have pooped themselves to such a degree even if an artist shared their views they would be likely to keep it under wraps because they enjoy making consistent money from actual comic companies instead of hoping for six figures from an IndieGoGo. Thus their big gun remains EVS, whose work reminds me of those mid-90's Image house artists.

...when he ever decides to work, of course. Because, right now, his work reminds me of a blank canvas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Covok posted:

...when he ever decides to work, of course. Because, right now, his work reminds me of a blank canvas.

No seriously, the crowdfunded book is finished, the printer just lost the disk, thankfully I have a back-up. It's a Tibetan monk with an eidetic memory of the binary code of the graphics. So if you can just kick a little more money in so I can hire a sherpa to take me into the Himalayas, I can have him chisel it into a stone tablet, then I can ship that to CERN and they'll use the large hadron collider to send the data back in time, so you'll get the book even faster.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

If he doesn't stream serial killer-esque behavior, who will? It takes up a lot of your day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Oh cool I'm not the only person who started drawing for the first time ever a month ago and has delusions of getting published

Yeah, but as a filthy SJW, Marvel is probably knocking down your door trying to hire you to draw gay trans black Spider-Man and ruin all comics forever!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If anyone asks that's actually true

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Skwirl posted:

From the idiots on social media thread in PYF.

They popped in my timeline earlier for something stupid and comics gate adjacent, I'll see if I can find it. I've never heard of this company before, are they an actual comic publisher people know about, or is it literally only digital and print on demand stuff?

https://twitter.com/SigilComics/status/1093634781533913088

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CG is having such an aneurysm over Female Furies I simply must see if my FLCS has any copies left.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whut.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He thinks Nigeria and the N word have the same root. Which makes me wonder how he pronounces the name of the country directly north of it.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

He thinks Nigeria and the N word have the same root. Which makes me wonder how he pronounces the name of the country directly north of it.

They do have the same root. How did you manage to focus on the sanest part of that tweet as the problem with it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

They do have the same root. How did you manage to focus on the sanest part of that tweet as the problem with it?

No they don't.

quote:

The earliest use of the name "Niger" for the river is by Leo Africanus in his Della descrittione dell’Africa et delle cose notabili che iui sono published in Italian in 1550. The name may come from Berber phrase ger-n-ger meaning "river of rivers".

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Red Son and 100 Bullets cover artist Dave Johnson is getting in on the grift.
https://twitter.com/Devilpig666/status/1093664290647683072

The full image on eBay might be considered :nws: depending on your work.

I wish he said he was giving the profits from this to charity

Edit: A quick tweet to Dave later, it looks like he's gonna donate proceeds to Planned Parenthood in Mike's name.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 8, 2019

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

CG is having such an aneurysm over Female Furies I simply must see if my FLCS has any copies left.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up a copy, too. Their tears have intrigued me.

RevKrule posted:

Red Son and 100 Bullets cover artist Dave Johnson is getting in on the grift.
https://twitter.com/Devilpig666/status/1093664290647683072

The full image on eBay might be considered :nws: depending on your work.

I wish he said he was giving the profits from this to charity

lol

I'll never look at Load Star the same way again.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are they, because the only thing I've seen from that book so far is Darkseid Weinsteining Granny Goodness so I'm less than interested in that book so far.