Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brightman posted:

If you had just said rural that would've been even more off since there's a bunch of metro areas (yeah, mostly in the midwest) where having a car is the norm.

It's the norm because people actually live 50mi away from their jobs in the city, TBF. Anyway, point is that reaction is as American as apple pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Brightman posted:

I'll admit I only watched a few of her streams a long while ago but what does Paige do if she's not playing games for a living?

Her job involves traveling a lot, she only streams when she has free time as a hobby.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If Woolie continues to invite new, competent people to his fighting game streams then the youtube archives of that show will probably be the only thing I stick with.

I feel like the podcasts are getting artificially longer, as if they're dragging conversations along for the sake of having something to clip for youtube later.

Tae posted:

The best change is Woolie listening to feedback from the live chat because maaaan that Daughter/Son mistake would've been bad if left alone.

It would have been great because the only way Woolie being smug about people not knowing pop culture references is funny is when he gets them wrong.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Phantasium posted:

The best thing Matt's done since the breakup was that cereal video, tbh.

Crymetina Critiques Smash Bros was pretty funny :shobon: Matt really needs someone to bounce off of is all. Like the Bloodborne thing he did with Liam recently was solid.

Tae posted:

Paige added nothing last time (Also she doesn't really play games or keep up with news), Plague is basically the worst of Matt and Pat at full power

Pretty much, though her "were you the basketball?" zing at Pat was flawless

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nevermind.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

Does anyone in sbf have a car lol
Doesn't Montreal have an indoor city section?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

I can gauge exactly where a person is from by their reaction to an adult saying "I don't know how to drive".

If that reaction is HOLY poo poo HOW ARE YOU AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T DRIVE, I know that motherfucker is either from Midwest America or California.

I narrow it down from their follow-up being either "how do you get to places even" or "how do you make rent even".
I don't drive because 1) I'm scared to death of driving (and crashing) 2) Not owning a car is the reason I'm not in debt from college.
Even though I live fairly far from Portland (Maine) Metro.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this was the first time i listened to an entire sbf related podcast from start to finish since 2 e3s ago

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Brain juice go down

https://clips.twitch.tv/RudePlumpWrenchSmoocherZ

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

HoboTech posted:

"maybe she's just THAT unaware".

It's this. She is pretty much just a person who will give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I am the mostly the same way.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 6, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't trust Paige until I see an apology. She's probably dense, but I'm not willing to forgive and forget based on that

Pat is funny, but he reminds me too much of the kind of person I used to be that it's kind of uncomfortable.

In any case, all I need is Liam's KH streams.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam’s Kh streams give me life.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man that last podcast was some three solid hours of Woolie just letting the last few months of tension rip, huh?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Man that last podcast was some three solid hours of Woolie just letting the last few months of tension rip, huh?

Uh oh. What happened?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Roth posted:

I don't trust Paige until I see an apology. She's probably dense, but I'm not willing to forgive and forget based on that

Why do you have to forgive her? Why does she have to apologize?

If you dont like her and dont want to watch stuff with her in it or she is adjacent to, that's perfectly reasonable. No need to justify it.

You are making a decision about whether or not to watch media sound like a personal relationship

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Parasocial relationships are loving intense.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Vandar posted:

Uh oh. What happened?

I have no idea what they're talking about, Woolie was just disappointed about the state of Titanfall and annoyed at Windows 10 automatic updates.

Not literally every tangential negative thing is Woolie working through the depression of the Best Friends Breakup (tm).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Roth posted:

Pat is funny, but he reminds me too much of the kind of person I used to be that it's kind of uncomfortable.

:thanks:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roth posted:

Honestly she does not have anything to apologize for.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly she does not have anything to apologize for.

It's legit impressive in 2 out of your 5 posts itt you managed to already move your goals posts from "Hey look she just is dumb and doesnt' understand what dumb things she did " to "actually she did nothing wrong."

Real strong conviction hours.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
paige should make friends with more people that posters in this thread don't like in my opinion

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey guys if you didn't know Paige stanned for a nazi a while back then doubled down and I wanna rehash even more. Nothing new happened I just need attention for having talked about it.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

hubris.height posted:

paige should make friends with more people that posters in this thread don't like in my opinion

hanging out with nazis, to own the libs,

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why do you have to forgive her? Why does she have to apologize?

If you dont like her and dont want to watch stuff with her in it or she is adjacent to, that's perfectly reasonable. No need to justify it.

You are making a decision about whether or not to watch media sound like a personal relationship

I don't watch anything she shows up in, but thanks for reducing my discomfort, as a trans woman, with somebody who doubled down on going on a show with a nazi and talked over a trans woman being uncomfortable with it down to being a weirdo.

Do you also get bothered by people not wanting to watch Woody Allen movies because he's a creep?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roth posted:

I don't watch anything she shows up in, but thanks for reducing my discomfort, as a trans woman, with somebody who doubled down on going on a show with a nazi and talked over a trans woman being uncomfortable with it down to being a weirdo.

Do you also get bothered by people not wanting to watch Woody Allen movies because he's a creep?

Personally I do my best to forget that people may have personal reasons for caring about things more than I do.

I also get very hostile and agitated when I hear people are vegan or vegetarian as well. What, you think you're better than me because you don't eat meat, is that it?!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh you haven't heard of that one? It's all anecdotal but the basic idea is people- maybe on the bus or just walking on street- hearing someone talking with someone in a different language and assume they're saying something about them because that's how life works.

https://twitter.com/thefurlinator/status/456652041541001216?lang=en

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

popteamepicdoesn'tgetitatall.jpg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's legit impressive in 2 out of your 5 posts itt you managed to already move your goals posts from "Hey look she just is dumb and doesnt' understand what dumb things she did " to "actually she did nothing wrong."

Real strong conviction hours.

It's both, she is not the brightest, and probably should have done some research about that guy.

But talking with someone she outright says she disagreed with is not something one needs to apologize for in my opinion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

Oh you haven't heard of that one? It's all anecdotal but the basic idea is people- maybe on the bus or just walking on street- hearing someone talking with someone in a different language and assume they're saying something about them because that's how life works.

https://twitter.com/thefurlinator/status/456652041541001216?lang=en

I don't know if you're just doing a bit or what, but if your point is that trans people not liking nazis and the people who willingly associate with them is on the level of you not liking vegetarians then I think I've had enough cishet nonsense for one day.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't think Paige is a Bad Person, but I think she hangs out with some bonafide idiots and is very defensive about that. If that makes you not wanna watch or support Pat's stream, I think that's a personal decision, and I think it's understandable.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i dont have much of an opinion about paige and dont care if ppl do or dont want to watch her stuff but it's the /pol/ level reducing hanging out with nazis to "being friends with PEOPLE YOU DONT LIKE" that is just knowingly defending nazis

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

somepartsareme posted:

i dont have much of an opinion about paige and dont care if ppl do or dont want to watch her stuff but it's the /pol/ level reducing hanging out with nazis to "being friends with PEOPLE YOU DONT LIKE" that is just knowingly defending nazis

I mean, the bonafide idiot there is Dick Masterson IMHO, everyone worse than that involved with her was his acquaintance, Paige doesn't really hang out with alt-right assholes in her spare time outside of that as far as I know. Dude also connected her with a gay furry dude that took her to a furrycon so even though I personally think he's poo poo, I can see Paige only seeing the good side of that stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't think Paige is an irredeemable monster or anything, but the fact that her first response was to talk over a trans woman voicing her concern to her is very concerning to me. The lack of any kind of acknowledgement about it as far as I'm aware, just signals to me that she's not somebody I should support, but I guess that's too hot of a take to give in the midst of people talking about supporting Paige or not. Better save the meltdowns for serious topics like somebody not liking tank controls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roth posted:

I don't know if you're just doing a bit or what, but if your point is that trans people not liking nazis and the people who willingly associate with them is on the level of you not liking vegetarians then I think I've had enough cishet nonsense for one day.

Wow, this really went terribly. I have a habit of being absolutely garbage at saying what I mean when I'm not just completely leaving half of my post unsaid. I didn't mean to equate not liking nazis and being trans with people giving vegetarians poo poo for no good reason honestly, but more that people have a set level of tolerance for poo poo and that depends person to person and if someone isn't willing to just let bygones be bygones after signal boosting some nazi adjacent POS maybe take a :thunk: on why they'd have less patience for that. The vegan and vegetarian things were more just examples that didn't really apply too well, now that you call it out.

I mean, you get tricked, you say sorry and try to move on, you don't lash at the people who try to clue you in on what's going on so you don't end up getting branded #1 nazi supporting twitch streamer like what happened to Papa Johns.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh, ok, I get what you're saying now. I apologize for assuming the worst.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roth posted:

Oh, ok, I get what you're saying now. I apologize for assuming the worst.

If I was smarter and better at wording my opinions you wouldn't have to so don't worry about it!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I dunno. I'd say 99.999% of people in America don't know how to drive a car. Most of them can erratically move one around on the road though. And jokes aside, I still think in most parts of America someone would receive a confused look for being an adult and saying: "I never learned to drive."

Everyone on here seems to hate Plague being on Woolie's podcast. I don't mind it. I generally just like hearing Plague talk though, even if he seems to be missing Woolie's point. At the same time Woolie Will Figure it Out episodes 1 and 3 just kind of seemed to be Woolie and Josh talking about how their idea was the best thing ever (and seeming to not actually let it go) while Plague just kind of tried to criticize it somewhat. I sort of felt like their game idea wasn't that interesting (just for how it worked, not for the idea of what it was). Their manga I liked a bit more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roth posted:

but the fact that her first response was to talk over a trans woman voicing her concern to her is very concerning to me.

The thing here is that I don't think it had anything to do with the person talking with her. I think she would have talked over regardless Trans woman or not. She's a pretty proud person along with being a bit dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
moved to next page

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 7, 2019