Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Kind of unrelated but does anybody in the Orlando area have any insight for the leasing agency for Disney Springs? Without going into detail about my job but a few companies I (loosely) work with have recently leased retail space there and I'm looking to do the same for mine. I really don't think it's a "we'll approach you" scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Empress Brosephine posted:

I can’t play toy story or buzz either cuz of pain it sucks

This makes me so happy that I’m not alone.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
fyi on buzz you can just hold the button down

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Buzz stopped the other day when I was on and the guy behind me found a 100k target to whale on

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ElwoodCuse posted:

Buzz stopped the other day when I was on and the guy behind me found a 100k target to whale on

I hate to say it, but handicapped loading really boosts your score.

Regarding pain, maybe there's some way to rig the trigger being pulled so you don't have to hold it, like maybe string or something? You could undo it as you're getting your score.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I hate to say it, but handicapped loading really boosts your score.

Regarding pain, maybe there's some way to rig the trigger being pulled so you don't have to hold it, like maybe string or something? You could undo it as you're getting your score.

Velcro straps and loops are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
It’s the size of my hands and the squeeze, I was blessed with lovely baby hands. I’ll try that next time though.

What is the thing you’re supposed to hit for the big score? Under Zurg?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
First robot on the left, his left arm. Grapple claw above you leaving first room (turn around to shoot). Under Zerg on the right after volcano room.

I’m usually maxed out by the time I’m out of volcano room.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Universal added Guy Diamond from the Trolls movie to the park this week, and no joke, he farts glitter. Saw it for myself this weekend. They come out by E.T., but I'm wondering how long the glitter thing will last.

-- bit about it here https://attractionsmagazine.com/naked-glitter-farting-troll-at-universal/

https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1092194434010230785

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ok that completely makes up for the F&F ride

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hi friends quick update

https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/1092280398179168256?s=19

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Just got back from a weeklong trip to WDW with my wife. It was her first time and she had a blast. She couldn't imagine going without someone who knows what they ware doing, she was so overwhelmed by it all. Thankfully, my fat rear end was able to fit onto Flight of Passage and the ride lived up to the hype. We ate at Via Napoli and Ohana, both of which were great. Next time we go, will definitely need to try some other places.

Anyone going to MK this week willing to pick up some of the reusable bags for me? We got the rest of the parks, but MK didn't have them the whole time we were there and would really like the complete set. Will gladly PayPal some cash if someone is willing.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Malt posted:

Just got back from a weeklong trip to WDW with my wife. It was her first time and she had a blast. She couldn't imagine going without someone who knows what they ware doing, she was so overwhelmed by it all. Thankfully, my fat rear end was able to fit onto Flight of Passage and the ride lived up to the hype. We ate at Via Napoli and Ohana, both of which were great. Next time we go, will definitely need to try some other places.

Anyone going to MK this week willing to pick up some of the reusable bags for me? We got the rest of the parks, but MK didn't have them the whole time we were there and would really like the complete set. Will gladly PayPal some cash if someone is willing.

Editing this,cause the group decided to go to Disney springs instead.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 5, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Wonder if they get unlimited fastpasses to Space Mountain.

Still probably have to wait in line for Peter Pan.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

For the way that game was played? They should have to stand in standby for Flight of Passage. Twice.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'd wait in line for them and not even ride. Like a child swap but for Super Bowl champions

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, they got to ride Slinky Dog.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1092481429844439047

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
My sister just got accepted to the college program. Help her soul.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Congrats to her. I always regreted not doing it when I was accepted. But I ended up doing some other awesome stuff that wouldn't have been possible if I was working there.

Still...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys excited for Universals Third Gate? I heard official announcement coming very soon

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Which Universal? Florida already has 3 gates.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida , so a fourth gate I guess then

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Universal trying to make volcano bay their third theme park is still the stupidest poo poo ever.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Just got back from WDW. Probably will be a few years before we get to go back unfortunately. As always, the trip was amazing but tiring. We walked 50 miles in 5 days, including the day we arrived. Saturday alone accounted for 17 miles!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Watching the dude hold the Disney World cue card for ten minutes during the crush around Brady post SB was amusing.

I hope they had to wait in standby at 1pm for SDD. Looked pretty sunny out.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Ell oh ell if you think they did anything other than the super-mega-ultra-VIP tour that comes with a butler and permanent front-of-the-line access. Not like cost is an object to either of them.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
There is no way they paid a cent for any of that

In fact they certainly got paid to do it.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Grundulum posted:

Ell oh ell if you think they did anything other than the super-mega-ultra-VIP tour that comes with a butler and permanent front-of-the-line access. Not like cost is an object to either of them.

On the bright side, they usually have a limit now to the hours. Didn't used to be the case.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

There is no way they paid a cent for any of that

In fact they certainly got paid to do it.

Get that mad money to be the first MVP to say "I'm going to Universal Studios!" and proceed to be trespassed on Disney properties along with your descendants and your extended family. Along with being barred from their streaming services, movies and TV channels.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Grundulum posted:

Disney had them on a schedule. They saw a bit of Galaxy's Edge construction and then took promo photos with sabers, rode Slinky, then booked it to MK for their parade appearance, and then they probably went straight to the airport to fly back to New England.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/aaayyitsnoah/status/1095708584409792512

Looks like the rainbow tunnel is back and you walk through it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Good times at the EPCOT Arts Fest

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
What's the thing in the cone?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looks like some tasty mac n cheese

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

What's the thing in the cone?

Lobster mac. Pretty good but it was the last thing we got in the night and it was clearly not fresh ingredients. Best thing of the day was the salmon and the deconstructed reuben. Neapolitan Stout in America was excellent as well.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Give me that food.

This reminds me I need to buy flights for our April trip.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I highly recommend the donut sushi

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I want to head to EPCOT during flower and garden but hubby says it'll be super busy. Regular visitors, is that the case? Like, it seems weird to me that folks would prefer to see topiaries and things over rides at other parks.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's more that epcot is a big food and drink hub during fests. Just expect it to be a little more crowded on weekends, but flower garden is not nearly as bad as food and wine. You'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Iymarra posted:

I want to head to EPCOT during flower and garden but hubby says it'll be super busy. Regular visitors, is that the case? Like, it seems weird to me that folks would prefer to see topiaries and things over rides at other parks.

No more than any other parks in the spring. It’s a nice change of pace to stroll around the world and have snacks and chill instead of waiting in ride lines constantly. Do it.