Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im guessing its not trained to recognize the markers that indicate an anus and just fills it in as a blank average of the surrounding colors. One day though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

No I think you'd train it with millions of photos of anuses and it would work fine. That's what makes it different from content aware PS kinda processing.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well yeah, its not trained currently which is probably why it cant right now.. Im sure its on the to-do list below nipples and monochrome genitals. Finding that content is the hard part unless they are making it themselves because nipples and buttholes dont see nearly as much censorship

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I gave it a try because I thought this had potential for a hilarious thread on GBS but all it really does is continue solid lines where they clearly drop off from sudden censorship bars. If a large area is censored, it just kind of blurs the surrounding area into it. It doesn't auto draw anime vaginas.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devils Affricate posted:

I gave it a try because I thought this had potential for a hilarious thread on GBS but all it really does is continue solid lines where they clearly drop off from sudden censorship bars. If a large area is censored, it just kind of blurs the surrounding area into it. It doesn't auto draw anime vaginas.

thats disappointing. It sounds like it's automating the most basic of hand de-censoring that can already be easily done

That would have made a pretty great thread if you could trick it into thinking there should be a vagina on things

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Again you need a neutral network to train in existing anus pics so it will know what a real rear end in a top hat is supposed to look like. I guess you could show it white house videos from the past 2.5 years to speed up the process.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Fauxtool posted:

thats disappointing. It sounds like it's automating the most basic of hand de-censoring that can already be easily done

That would have made a pretty great thread if you could trick it into thinking there should be a vagina on things

If that’s your ultimate goal, deepart.io should work fine. Just be sure to make all your submissions private and use a burner account!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
GPU Megat[H]read - It doesn't auto draw anime vaginas. Disappointing.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

isndl posted:

There's likely no difference in terms of performance but the DCH driver model ought to make support for older hardware much more reliable, particularly OEM devices that historically have had special snowflake driver packaging (read: laptops).

Just out of curiosity I uninstalled the standard driver and installed the DCH driver and the DCH driver installed much faster than the standard driver and some of my games load a bit faster but performance in said games looks to be the same.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

VII reviews are out. TPUs 21-game average has it slower than the 1080ti at 1080p/1440p, and only matching it at 4K. The similarly priced 2080 beats it at every resolution :geno:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Radeon_VII/28.html

repiv fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 7, 2019

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new Radeon looks too expensive for how it performs. If they could be profitable at 500 dollars it could be an interesting option, but for 700 there's no reason to get it over a 2080. https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3437-amd-radeon-vii-review-not-ready-for-launch

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

drat, that perf per $ from TechPowerUp..
The only card worse was 2080ti, but that's a special case. It explains the limited availability, as people guessed the cards seem like poorly binned Instinct carsa.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

alex314 posted:

drat, that perf per $ from TechPowerUp..
:laugh:Wow, that is pretty rough.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Not even AMDs own ProRender raytracer shows VII performing well, lol. The 2080 trounces it despite the code being tuned for GCN and not using the RT cores.

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 7, 2019

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Heartbroken AMD fans can take solace in Anandtech review. But seriously, I still kind of want one of those VII, preferably in Sapphire Nitro+ variant :eng99:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'll probably buy one when they start hitting the deep discounts on ebay, i'll be needing a card that works on linux once zen3 is out and about

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Reminder the 1080ti launched 2 years ago for the same price.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Don Lapre posted:

Reminder the 1080ti launched 2 years ago for the same price.

On 16nm TSMC vs 7nm TSMC.. is faster, and uses less power.

This is painfully obviously a compute product that was never intended as a gaming card. I can't believe that even with 3 fans, the noise of the card is so unacceptable. drat.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 7, 2019

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Wait for GeForce on 7nm or Navi, 2000 series is a waste of money.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Minor consolation: the FP64 rate was rumoured to be 1/8 or 1/16, but it's actually 1/4 at 3.5TFLOPS. The tiny niche that needs decent FP64 performance but can't afford a Titan V can be happy at least.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Risky Bisquick posted:

On that note, does anyone want to by my Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC in white?

eames
May 9, 2009

HalloKitty posted:

This is painfully obviously a 2019 Apple Mac Pro product that was never intended as a gaming card.

fixed that for you, I bet they're holding the good bins back too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The VII is apparently crazy loving loud too. Just an all around amazing effort by AMD.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
A big, wet fart unless you can use the large amount of memory for some progressional application.

What the hell was the point of releasing this card at this time with such drivers issues. It was already going to have a hard time against the 2080 even with better driver support, might as well have delayed this launch.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

B-Mac posted:

A big, wet fart unless you can use the large amount of memory for some progressional application.

What the hell was the point of releasing this card at this time with such drivers issues. It was already going to have a hard time against the 2080 even with better driver support, might as well have delayed this launch.

Because they have to release SOMETHING and obviously navi is WAY far away

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

B-Mac posted:

AMD wants to remind people they make something other than RX 570's and 580's. That's the only point of this launch. Hope that r/AMD fanboys buy out whatever limited stock exists and then sweep this release under the rug until Navi is finally ready.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Beautiful Ninja posted:

AMD wants to remind people they make something other than RX 570's and 580's. That's the only point of this launch. Hope that r/AMD fanboys buy out whatever limited stock exists and then sweep this release under the rug until Navi is cancelled.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

B-Mac posted:

Yeah much as I find AdoredTV annoying I think he was probably correct here - this was a backup plan if Navi wasn't ready, just have something to show at CES.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

According to gamers nexus manual overclocking works

on dry ice

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

According to gamers nexus manual overclocking works

on dry ice

what about plain vanilla ice?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Risky Bisquick posted:

2080 is essentially identical in price/performance to a 1080 Ti, has additional wacky features that may or may not be cool in the future, and comes with 2 big games at the moment. I wouldn't qualify it as a "waste of money", unless you really expect Navi to be incredible or Nvidia to radically increase price/performance next generation with no competition, both of which goes against like all available evidence.

Either way, there aint gonna be anything new on the high end for a long time anyway. Seems pretty likely that there won't be anything new for over a year.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
1080/ti perf was pretty good for the price, in 2016/2017. In 2019, it's a hard sell. The premium we have to pay over RX580/GTX1060 is just crazy atm.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A Radeon VII is just one step closer to freesync gaming on my bigass 4KTV that had support for it added in a software update.

If I didn't already own a 1080ti it would have been a legitimate consideration. I've been waiting for decent AMD 4K cards for a couple of years now. It's not quite there yet but it's getting close.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A Radeon VII is just one step closer to freesync gaming on my bigass 4KTV that had support for it added in a software update.

If I didn't already own a 1080ti it would have been a legitimate consideration. I've been waiting for decent AMD 4K cards for a couple of years now. It's not quite there yet but it's getting close.

NVIDIA has added Freesync support in their drivers

edit: fuuuuck, I forgot about HDMI

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 7, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HalloKitty posted:

The support's only for displayport though if I recall and most (all?) 4k TVs that support freesync only have hdmi ports (which works with the Xbox One's freesync support at least)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

HalloKitty posted:

For DisplayPort yeah, but I think all of the TVs that support Freesync can only do so over HDMI using AMDs non-standard extension. Nvidia doesn't support that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

1080/ti perf was pretty good for the price, in 2016/2017. In 2019, it's a hard sell. The premium we have to pay over RX580/GTX1060 is just crazy atm.

the best thing about this is that some nvidia people were literally complaining around the time the terrible quarter came in that amd is "dumping" with the 500 series so they can't price 1060s high enough lmao

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Risky Bisquick posted:

I think the assumption that you are going to get more and more for your money every year almost linearly is honestly a bit outdated with process improvements getting insanely expensive. Price/performance changes are going to be more jerky, with nice improvements and then loooooong flat periods, and I think we've already seen that hold true the last few years in everything that isn't flash memory.

The days of a new videocard coming out every 6 months thats faster and cheaper than the last is gone unfortunately. But I'm no expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Navi with HDMI 2.1 for under $400 would be pretty dope.