Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AAA gets a lot of flak...but holy hell if you have a couple teenagers that drives beaters...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh poo poo, it's happening :ohdear:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Powershift posted:

One of these things is not like the other...

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Powershift posted:

oh poo poo sign me up for that sexy sexy Taurus SE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I warned you, some day someone would consider the taurus a classic car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Powershift posted:

To think 20 years from now a Prius will be on the poster.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Powershift posted:

It already is! But not that Taurus and especially especially not in SE trim.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I miss my SHO.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
man the stepside looks so bad on those lightnings

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

I miss my SHO.

Same, even though mine was a pile it could chirp the tires so easily.

Miss my fuckin Lightning too.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Rhyno posted:

drat, haven't seen one of those in ages.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rhyno posted:

Same, even though mine was a pile it could chirp the tires so easily.

What about your PT Cruiser?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, that car was comfy as poo poo to drive.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rhyno posted:

I mean, that car was comfy as poo poo to drive.

Checks out, given how comfortable I'd imagine climbing into an actual car-sized turd would be.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

HandlingByJebus posted:

Checks out, given how comfortable I'd imagine climbing into an actual car-sized turd would be.

I've been in a PT Cruiser exactly once in my life and can describe the experience as "a TURDIS". It's roomy inside but I'd only be there under duress

e: it was clowndick purple, the driver was elderly, and the transmission was broken so I consider it an accurate sample

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 7, 2019

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
there's a cool old guy that lives in my city and drives a pristine light blue one with those old hotrod looking red wheels with white walls i bet that poo poo's already hit 200k somehow

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, $200K are what immaculate examples are going for.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yesterday, I saw one of those poor PTs with the full fake woodgrain vinyl wrap treatment with a sticker on it which said

"not today, SATAN, not today"

Just another day in very normal Protestant America

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Half the country has paranoid schizophrenia.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BraveUlysses posted:

Yesterday, I saw one of those poor PTs with the full fake woodgrain vinyl wrap treatment with a sticker on it which said

"not today, SATAN, not today"

Just another day in very normal Protestant America

...or just a Bianca Del Rio fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdaeCpIqmA

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

More likely not... I've been seeing that phrase glommed up by like, those bible lifestyle stores whose customer base is the :byodame: smiley

Optimisitic take: it was Bianca Del Rio

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KillHour posted:

Half the country has paranoid schizophrenia.

Get out of my head.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

I think they said the regular cab was coming later.

They have explicitly said there won't be a 2-door Gladiator. Brute conversions will probably still be a thing though.

I personally like the Gladiator, almost enough to think about considering entertaining having the idea of potentially owning one (and I have no desire to own a Wrangler), especially if the aftermarket produces this safari top for it:

My vehicle tastes are usually the opposite of AI though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Lol what?!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Everett?

This was Everett, wasn't it.

Or that area looks like somewhere along 99 anyway

Looks a lot like Pancake House in Tukwila near the light rail stop.

Slim Pickens posted:

Close, it's SeaTac/tukwila

HAH. Fuckin' called it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Honda Crossroad! Honda's market research in the early 90s indicated that SUVs were getting popular, so they decided they would license a full-size one from an established manufacturer. Then they rolled a natural 1 and decided that manufacturer would be Land Rover. Lasted about 5 years if I recall.

They replaced it with the CR-V, which is the rare occasion in which you can say the CR-V was better than something.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Oh FCA, you put coil springs on the rear axle of your full-size pickup trucks, but leaf springs on your mid-size Jeeps turned trucks. So a Ram 1500 will have better off-road articulation than your Wrangler variant (unless you’ve figured out some magic with the leaf springs).

Never change, you lovable weirdos.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Memento posted:

The Honda Crossroad! Honda's market research in the early 90s indicated that SUVs were getting popular, so they decided they would license a full-size one from an established manufacturer. Then they rolled a natural 1 and decided that manufacturer would be Land Rover. Lasted about 5 years if I recall.

They replaced it with the CR-V, which is the rare occasion in which you can say the CR-V was better than something.

They should have asked Isuzu or Mitsubishi (they eventually did get an SUV from Isuzu in exchange for giving them rebadged Civic and Accords.)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Surely those manufacturers were already selling SUVs in Japan and wouldn't have wanted to have their sales cannibalised.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Ripoff posted:

Oh FCA, you put coil springs on the rear axle of your full-size pickup trucks, but leaf springs on your mid-size Jeeps turned trucks. So a Ram 1500 will have better off-road articulation than your Wrangler variant (unless you’ve figured out some magic with the leaf springs).

Never change, you lovable weirdos.

They are a five link coil spring arrangement in the rear.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Memento posted:

I wasn't aware of the Crossroad, but the CR-V was essentially a baby SUV that was available with 3 pedals, a Civic interior, and had a B20 under the hood - not a bad combination for the US. That B20 was easy to swap for much more fun, the gearbox was easy to swap for something with a shorter final drive (... like an Integra gearbox), or with a little work, slap a B18C VTEC head on to wind up with what was known as the CR-VTEC. It couldn't rev like the B18C, but so long as you respected the stock redline and used a piggyback to lower the VTEC engagement, it was fun as hell (it was fun as hell even if you didn't do any of that and just got rid of the rev limiter, but it would spin a bearing or toss a couple of rods in a hurry).

The CR-VTEC was a very popular swap into Integras and Civics for a few years too (and there's no shortage of the B20 CRV bottom ends today) - "no replacement for displacement". But you'd have to drop some cash on it unless you wanted to swap bottom ends every few months. Or keep it below 6k.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 8, 2019

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Kastivich posted:

They are a five link coil spring arrangement in the rear.

poo poo, I thought they were using leafs but I was apparently hallucinating. Sorry about that, FCA.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Speaking of FCA, actually saw a pristine Reliant ragtop (and this is rust belt territory) the other day.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend just sent me these photos of a thing he found round town.

I'm the angle of the spoiler.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That wing provides lift to increase the rake so the underfloor of the car can act as a giant diffusor. It's brilliant.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm sure it went through a tough regimen of wind tunnel testing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A friend just sent me these photos of a thing he found round town.

I'm the angle of the spoiler.

I'm the spoiler on the spoiler

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
of course its on a bmw

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
i'm the spray painted tail lights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU