Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why can't I stop myself from reading the replies, why???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

Ben Shapiro with a medium popcorn.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1093585328315613184

They've got to be getting paid.

gently caress off, Ben. AOC isn't into you like that.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Majorian posted:

Speaking of single terms and the future direction of the Democratic Party...

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1090251727096422401

I shame your collective kink. Shame, shame!

"Waiting 20 years for that seat"

Yeah get hosed establishment Dems.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Hastings posted:

gently caress off, Ben. AOC isn't into you like that.

Ben's obsession with her specifically really does come off as a pathetic 'why doesn't the cute girl in math class like me like that' kind of vibe. He seems so absolutely desperate for AOC-Senpai to notice him I fully expect him to post a video of him boiling some rabbits while he just screams "DEBATE ME!" over and over again.

Truly it is the Virgin Ben vs the Chad Cortez.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tibalt posted:

I think the Schultz campaign is the ultimate validation of my cynicism towards all spontaneous fads and social movements. His presidential campaign has absolutely no attraction to anyone, not enough the beltway pundits.

So why then did every channel book him for a week? Because, much like Ross Perot buying air time, a billionaire in 2019 can buy talk show appearances and favorable Op-eds.

I'll take any motherfucker's money if he just giving it away.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shapiro's angry that he's been in the politics game for probably half of his life and has no real power to show for it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

beejay posted:

Why can't I stop myself from reading the replies, why???

Because you like getting helplessly mad?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lightning Knight posted:

The actual joke with people like Schultz or Bezos and Zuckerberg, etc., is that they probably have enough money to personally end world hunger or homelessness or whatever thing they wanted and still be rich and coast that poo poo all the way to whatever elected office they wanted and they’re too narcissistic and myopic to even do that.

This is why the idea that Bill Gates is some great philanthropist is horseshit. He spends a tiny fraction of his money on stuff that will generate good PR while he bankrolls school privatization efforts, when he could easily put hundreds of millions of dollars down to just feed and house whole countries and still be unfathomably wealthy.

There are no good rich people.

I know billionaire's brains work different than mine but it's still incomprehensible that you can get lucky, work less hard than an average blue collar worker, and then choose to subject yourself to such nonsense as a presidential campaign and even if you win it's not that much fun. Just ask piss baby. Once you're a billionaire you can just gently caress off to billionaire island and chill for the rest of your life in absolute luxury never having to worry about anything ever again and if you even care about your kids or grandkids they're totally taken care of for life. Instead you give a streaming speech where you repeat "Please clap" and make the entire country loath you.

Rich people are weird.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1093609783540752385

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'll take any motherfucker's money if he just giving it away.
I look forward to your Salon Opinion piece on why you're voting for Biden instead of Warren*.

*mix and match names as appropriate IDC.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tibalt posted:

I look forward to your Salon Opinion piece on why you're voting for Biden instead of Warren*.

*mix and match names as appropriate IDC.

Hey now, GreyjoyBastard's not perfect, but I won't have you suggesting he's Amanda Marcotte.:toughguy:

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

1glitch0 posted:

I know billionaire's brains work different than mine but it's still incomprehensible that you can get lucky, work less hard than an average blue collar worker, and then choose to subject yourself to such nonsense as a presidential campaign and even if you win it's not that much fun. Just ask piss baby. Once you're a billionaire you can just gently caress off to billionaire island and chill for the rest of your life in absolute luxury never having to worry about anything ever again and if you even care about your kids or grandkids they're totally taken care of for life. Instead you give a streaming speech where you repeat "Please clap" and make the entire country loath you.

Rich people are weird.

It's all about the power.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

A few things from Cohen doc drop

Where do you get the actual documents? All I can find are news stories

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TulliusCicero posted:

I've only seen a woman lick a dude or ladies' face in uh, less than safe for work videos, and even there it is really loving off-putting and jarring

Did she just order these dudes to sit there and just "you will let me lick your face like a giant lollipop and you will like it!"

I feel weird asking a coworker to ask me to bring me back something from a fast food place after they offered. Not sure how I could ever get to the "demanding I lick faces" portion of the work day.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Toobly posted:

DIdn't the buzzfeed article include a shitload of the docs?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Toobly posted:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5719169-Trump-Moscow.html

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

Speaking of single terms and the future direction of the Democratic Party...

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1090251727096422401

I shame your collective kink. Shame, shame!

When this was first posted here one of the names mentioned as a possible primarier was Julia Salazar which is hilarious cuz shes 1) not in the right district and 2) more left than AOC

Its nonsense DC journalist drivel, dont give it the time of day

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's hot as hell where I'm at; where's Trump's tweet mocking climate change now?

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

DIdn't the buzzfeed article include a shitload of the docs?

Of course, one of the one's I didn't check lol

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Awesome, thanks!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

When this was first posted here one of the names mentioned as a possible primarier was Julia Salazar which is hilarious cuz shes 1) not in the right district and 2) more left than AOC

Its nonsense DC journalist drivel, dont give it the time of day

:lol: I didn't see the date on the piece. Still, like I said, it's not that I'm concerned that anyone could primary AOC. It's just an amazingly perfect look at how dumb machine politics is.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1093613751876706305

So yeah, reminder that Manafort's longtime #2 guy was one of the first dude's Mueller flipped

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gaunab posted:

It's hot as hell where I'm at; where's Trump's tweet mocking climate change now?

we had back to back weeks where it was 3 degrees early in the week and about 60 two-three days later. president deals comes through again.

we live in onionland:

https://twitter.com/donie/status/1093589504420651014

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 7, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1093604529063440385

For those interested

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/djtweets/status/1093614503835639808

:lol:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
AOC's fact sheet on her website has been taken down. This might be why

https://twitter.com/GavinBade/status/1093568043639283712

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

walorski bringing up trump doesn't have to release his taxes is very cool.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

Rich people are weird.

Rich people live without the slow boiling stew of anxiety, uncertainty and insecurity that the hoi polloi do, and never face real consequences for what they do. That's why.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

we had back to back weeks where it was 3 degrees early in the week and about 60 two-three days later. president deals comes through again.

we live in onionland:

https://twitter.com/donie/status/1093589504420651014

This one is not as bad as it looks because at least she has a background in intel, as thin as it is.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ooooh he's gonna be mad about that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"this is all about weaponizing tax laws against a political foe." lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oooh Pence tax returns, I hadn't thought about that.

Equestrian deduction?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mdemone posted:

This one is not as bad as it looks because at least she has a background in intel, as thin as it is.

And she was working on Shep Smith's show, not like Hannity or Tucker Carlson. I'm uncomfortable with the Fox->government pipeline that seems to exist at the moment, but in this case yeah it's probably not as bad as it initially sounds.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Refind Chaos posted:

I get that in a way, but it's so stupid. A billionaire in the United States in 2019 has ALL the power. You're basically untouchable. Taxes and laws and that crap doesn't really affect you. Why go through all the crap of a presidential campaign so you can do paperwork and have hassles and shake hands with dumb people when the alternative is living on a beach and having any celebrity you want come over and gently caress you while having fireworks go off above your beach mansion and then eat the last of an endangered species for dinner. Rich people are monsters who are all about power but there just seems to be more fun ways to be a dick than to run for president.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

theblackw0lf posted:

AOC's fact sheet on her website has been taken down. This might be why

https://twitter.com/GavinBade/status/1093568043639283712

nuclear power has its own problems but its gently caress ton cleaner and adaptable then loving oil and coal/gas. I am cool with bring the nuclear plants back.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I get that in a way, but it's so stupid. A billionaire in the United States in 2019 has ALL the power. You're basically untouchable. Taxes and laws and that crap doesn't really affect you. Why go through all the crap of a presidential campaign so you can do paperwork and have hassles and shake hands with dumb people when the alternative is living on a beach and having any celebrity you want come over and gently caress you while having fireworks go off above your beach mansion and then eat the last of an endangered species for dinner. Rich people are monsters who are all about power but there just seems to be more fun ways to be a dick than to run for president.

Because only you are smart enough to be president, what if the peasants elect some idiot who increases your taxes by 0.25%, making you 0.25% less better than everyone else than you were a moment ago

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Refind Chaos posted:

Power and the money.

Money and the power.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

mdemone posted:

Oooh Pence tax returns, I hadn't thought about that.

Equestrian deduction?

Food: $200
Data: $150
Bible: $800
Horse Aphrodisiacs: $55,000
Utilities: $200

Someone who is good at VIce President please help me my family is starving.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nuclear power has its own problems but its gently caress ton cleaner and adaptable then loving oil and coal/gas. I am cool with bring the nuclear plants back.

I hope it happens. The entire nuclear supply chain is surprisingly narrow and prices for yellowcake still haven't recovered after Fukushima. Long story short, a bill is currently making its way through congress which will force much of US uranium purchases to go through US companies, and theres only two major worldwide suppliers, Kazatomprom in Kazakstan and Cameco in Canada. The world's richest uranium mine is owned by Cameco and is currently shut down because of lack of purchasers.

(if winds start blowing towards nuclear, theres a lot of money to be made with smart investments)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

Because the marginal utility of their wealth means that the emotional returns they receive from it are ever diminishing. The only substitute in late capitalism is political power, which they seem to understand on a basic level even if they couldn't articulate it.