Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

I legit don't understand how you can score single digits. Who ties your shoes?

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtlkvNaFp8q/

Dr. Tingle putting in good work

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I GUESS WE SHOULD HAVE WOMEN FILL OUT A CONTACT BEFORE SEX - some e7 at a sharp training probably right now somewhere in the military upon learning about consent

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I had a set of these issues while I was active:

Made by converse. They were trash.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CommieGIR posted:

I had a set of these issues while I was active:

Made by converse. They were trash.

What branch were you in where those were allowed? Air Force? I know those zips on the side would make them completely out of regs on the army.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Bad Poster posted:

What branch were you in where those were allowed? Air Force? I know those zips on the side would make them completely out of regs on the army.

Air Force, yes.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I was stationed on joint bases for most of my career and was always jealous of the much more lax regulations for the boots airmen could wear. Army was like "can't wear these because they'll melt to your feet in combat!" like I'm going to be wearing my office boots in a combat zone or something.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

A Bad Poster posted:

office boots

This is a funny concept to me, I mean I know in my brain that people wear fatigues to their office jobs but...why?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Arcella posted:

This is a funny concept to me, I mean I know in my brain that people wear fatigues to their office jobs but...why?

Cyber. Warrior

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Meh. Complain when you have to break out the kiwi and horsehair brush.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’d much rather wear any variation of fatigues vs a service uniform with ribbons and poo poo dress shoes

Is that really an outlandish idea. Plus, and I guess branch/unit dependent, you can de-blouse often. Say what you want about Marines, those mother fuckers are always in boots and uts. Well, now they have to wear dress/service uniforms more but I digress

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
E:nvm

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Speaking of uniform chat:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm the fake hair bun on the baseball cap.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The gut over the pistol belt. Fantastic.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I mean I'd rather wear fatigues and boots than khakis and a polo

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

A Bad Poster posted:

I was stationed on joint bases for most of my career and was always jealous of the much more lax regulations for the boots airmen could wear. Army was like "can't wear these because they'll melt to your feet in combat!" like I'm going to be wearing my office boots in a combat zone or something.

My favorite in the type one era Navy is being forced to wear one of two models of steel toed boots approved for shipboard wear to the office.

Because you never know when you'll have to fight fires while discussing medical history with patients.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

My favorite in the type one era Navy is being forced to wear one of two models of steel toed boots approved for shipboard wear to the office.

Because you never know when you'll have to fight fires while discussing medical history with patients.

That's weird as poo poo. I had steel toe boots I kept at my desk for heavy maintenance work, but I just wore sneaker-weight ultralights the rest of the time.

I always assumed the Air Force had the least common sense of the DoD, but I guess I learn something new every day.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Arc Light posted:

I always assumed the Air Force had the least common sense of the DoD, but I guess I learn something new every day.

Really?!

Have you not been in a joint command?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Arcella posted:

I’ve not worn anything since BDU’s were a thing but fatigues were like pajamas compared to class A/B’s slightly ill fitting business-ware with awkward appreciation trophies pinned all over them. In short gently caress anything non camo outside of a formal event.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why wear bdus when you can just wear pt gear all day instead*?

*Until the fob Commander bitches at your pl and makes everyone wear a real uniform to the chow hall after 0900

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 8, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All I know is my dcu pants made great cutoff shorts for a looooong time.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Really?!

Have you not been in a joint command?

I was, but it was a SOF outfit and they kind of did their own thing. I was impressed by how not-lovely NCOERs were compared to EPRs.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Arc Light posted:

I was, but it was a SOF outfit and they kind of did their own thing. I was impressed by how not-lovely NCOERs were compared to EPRs.

Yeah your EPRS sound worse as a process, but NCOERs are a loving shitshow and full of ways to gently caress someone over even if they do a great job.

EPRS sound less prone to senior leadership fuckery.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Arc Light posted:

So you never worked with the Army then?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of uniform chat:

Generation Kill, but samurais sounds awesome.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Why wear bdus when you can just wear pt gear all day instead*?

*Until the fob Commander bitches at your pl and makes everyone wear a real uniform to the chow hall after 0900

Back when woodland BDUs were still a thing the issue PT gear really sucked. Crappy grey shorts and an equally crappy grey T-Shirt that you could never wash the stink out of. Lets not even talk about the cold weather PT uniform which consisted of the worst quality sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt you could imagine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Back when woodland BDUs were still a thing the issue PT gear really sucked. Crappy grey shorts and an equally crappy grey T-Shirt that you could never wash the stink out of. Lets not even talk about the cold weather PT uniform which consisted of the worst quality sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt you could imagine.

the hoodie wasnt the worst, the pants were poo poo though

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, the big army PTs sucked balls. We were wearing whatever unbranded black running shorts and plain brown t-shirts we wanted, basically, then those garbage Army pants and windbreaker if it was cold.

I must've thrown out the grey Army sweats I got in basic. Those were pretty bad, too.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Generation Kill, but samurais sounds awesome.

Camono picture aside, it really does.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know in combat zones it was sort of whatever, but the boot regulations in garrison were so silly.

I remember the NEX sold all variations of steel toe boots and whatever that seemed fine for service but weren’t allowed because of small arbitrary reasons. Not even sure why they sold them but hey

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Na30aFi9iU

Thnaks 4 ur surface

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I know in combat zones it was sort of whatever, but the boot regulations in garrison were so silly.

I remember the NEX sold all variations of steel toe boots and whatever that seemed fine for service but weren’t allowed because of small arbitrary reasons. Not even sure why they sold them but hey

I still have a pair of mil issue suede steel toes from 2005. Uncomfortable, sure, but durable as hell. The other pair I was issued lasted like, 7 years before I had to toss them. Just swap insoles.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always found the suede ones to be pretty comfy

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Arc Light posted:

I always assumed the Air Force had the least common sense of the DoD

Are you serious

But really, it seems to go from most common sense to least:

SOCOM
(several miles)
Coast Guard
Air Force
(a mile or two)
Navy
Army

And the Marines are their own weird thing where half the things they do make perfect sense while the other half are totally retarded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Are you serious

But really, it seems to go from most common sense to least:

SOCOM

SOCOM, bastion of common sense.

*eyes SOCOM murders of their own people and state of the Middle East*

I think one of my favorite SOCOM encounters was listening to about an hour-long discussion about a Carrier Strike Group entering an ocean, then having a SOCOM rep stand up and say he could send a 12-man team to help by doing some reconnaissance, strikes, and raids from the shore. (The shore was hundreds of miles away and the "plan" for the exercise was to insert via parachute then blend in)

If you only meant poo poo like not flipping out over haircuts or going to a basic-rear end rifle range without being dressed like you're about to eat artillery, sure. But at least flipping out over haircuts means less free time to murder each other.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey man if you can't just shut up and stuff your mag pouches with blood money you got no business in black sof, roger?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

And the Marines are their own weird thing where half the things they do make perfect sense while the other half are totally retarded.

It's more like 1/3rd perfect, 1/3rd retarded, and 1/3rd YUT DEVILDOG

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

Deathy McDeath posted:

1/4 perfect, 1/4 retarded, 1/4 YUT DEVILDOG, 1/4 loving POGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Deathy McDeath posted:

YUT DEVILDOG is just another type of retarded.