Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This is so loving dumb. The issue isn't that post-Brexit suddenly ports would be overrun with ferries trying to unload goods. The traffic level of cross-Channel goods would still be the same. The issue is not having the infrastructure and staff in place to perform all the additional customs checks needed.

Sending some of the ships to loving Ramsgate isn't going to fix that. Ramsgate doesn't have a huge market of unemployed customs officials trained to handle post-Brexit checks just sitting around on the dole waiting for a job that matches their skillset.

Clyde Radcliffe has issued a correction as of 00:33 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We could have a whole thread dedicated to wacky ferry hijinks.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

This place was all over Bali, lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jaya's hat has intrigued me into their ability to fry chicken

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

We could have a whole thread dedicated to wacky ferry hijinks.

A friend of mine once got seasick after downing pints on the now-defunct SeaCat high-speed ferry from NI to Scotland and ended up puking her guts out against a shiny black wall on the outside deck, only to find out it was mirrored glass around the dining area.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FMguru posted:

Interesting Username/Av/Post synergy

And sometimes American fast food brands have different connotations in overseas markets, yes? I think Pizza Hut is actually a fancy dress-up destination in Asia (which leads to some very funny scrambled expectations when tourists from Asia come to the US)
I've been using this avatar and username so long they've lost all meaning for me so I didn't even notice.

Yeah, going into a new culture, chains like that have an opportunity to present themselves as a little higher class than back home and both KFC and Pizza Hut do that.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Hentai Jihadist posted:

hahaha no

oxbridge educated conservatives will explode from britain like maggots from a corpse and infest america with their persuasive accents and bootlicking ideology

Naw, won't work. Our conservative idiots want the most vulgar "guy I can have a beer with" people to speak poison to them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FMguru posted:

And sometimes American fast food brands have different connotations in overseas markets, yes? I think Pizza Hut is actually a fancy dress-up destination in Asia (which leads to some very funny scrambled expectations when tourists from Asia come to the US)

The things that pass as pizza in korea/japan should not be suffered by anyone except Rhode Islanders

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is KFC Britain's only fried chicken option or something?

I mean, here in Japan it doesn't have much competition for that exact style of fried chicken, but I thought Britain's closer cultural ties with the US would mean there would be more.

Major brand fried chicken? Yeah. But there's billions of independent fast food places that operate under the umbrella term "kebab shop".

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

This place was all over Bali, lol

They've got nothing on Thailand:

http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/07/hitler-fried-chicken.html

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The things that pass as pizza in korea/japan should not be suffered by anyone except Rhode Islanders
Nah Japan has some good pizza.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is KFC Britain's only fried chicken option or something?

I mean, here in Japan it doesn't have much competition for that exact style of fried chicken, but I thought Britain's closer cultural ties with the US would mean there would be more.

There's Taste of Tennessee in London that I saw in some drill videos, but I don't know if its a nationwide chain.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

hobbesmaster posted:

No argument here but some people actually like cane's but I've never heard anyone that actually likes KFC in the US.

There are certain circumstances under which I really enjoy KFC, almost all of which require it to be about two in the morning and me to be astoundingly drunk.

Elevator Screamer posted:

A friend of mine once got seasick after downing pints on the now-defunct SeaCat high-speed ferry from NI to Scotland and ended up puking her guts out against a shiny black wall on the outside deck, only to find out it was mirrored glass around the dining area.

Had a similar thing happen to a friend of mine outside/against a high-end restaurant in Montreal one time.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the first cartoon would actually be a really good metaphor if the positions were switched

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
kebab shops are a treasure and i'm currently enjoying a halal snack pack for lunch, australia's only original cuisine. i think this means i'm now being colonised by encroaching shariah oh no :ohdear:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ayn Randi posted:

kebab shops are a treasure and i'm currently enjoying a halal snack pack for lunch, australia's only original cuisine. i think this means i'm now being colonised by encroaching shariah oh no :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEJd2u49ZiE

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

This poo poo is so loving pitiful. Brexit proponents would go all in with a loan shark's money on two pair.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

shamefully deficient in chips but otherwise a solid snack pack

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I grew up near Golders Green and we had a KFC Kosher Fried Chicken

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I've seen this so much said in various ways but... where the hell does this smug proclamations from so many brexiters that the EU needs Britain more than the other way around, come from? I can't understand the levels of delusion it would take to believe that.

EDIT:

What is this poo poo? All that cheese and and BBQ sauce on a HSP?? Shameful.

Tom Guycot has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Feb 8, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Tom Guycot posted:

I've seen this so much said in various ways but... where the hell does this smug proclamations from so many brexiters that the EU needs Britain more than the other way around, come from? I can't understand the levels of delusion it would take to believe that.
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves guv'

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
more and more i'm reminded that the wrong country won WWI

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

No one really won WWI, some just lost less noticeably than others.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Read this as II for a second and got very concerned

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tom Guycot posted:

EDIT:

Iodine deficiency

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tom Guycot posted:

EDIT:

i don't do cheese at all myself (adding cheese on top of my huge box of fried potatoes and greasy kebab meat seems "a bit much" lmao right) but if you're gonna you might as well double down. cover that bitch in bbq sauce though, inadequate saucing is the prime cause of snack pack failure and disappointment

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

"Remember, no English"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Just be thankful you're not posting in Hungarian right now

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What did Rhode Island do :psyduck:

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/1093477164157145088?s=19

There might be roaming charges again when Brits go on holiday in the EU! How did nobody think of this sooner? The people in charge of Brexit mush feel pretty foolish about this getting out ahead of them

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

StashAugustine posted:

the first cartoon would actually be a really good metaphor if the positions were switched

Difference is the EU's not holding a gun.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tom Guycot posted:

Theyr extremely stupid adult babies and the media gives them brainworms
In the DnD thread there is a big argument about whether you can call them idiots or that's a breach of decorum

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

FMguru posted:

I've been living in China for a year and a half now. Like Samurai Sanders said, these places may offer better food choices than they do back home. Pizza Hut will probably be your best option for pizza out here (Ketchup and Mayonnaise as sauces. No thanks), but KFC is still terrible tho

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ayn Randi posted:

i don't do cheese at all myself (adding cheese on top of my huge box of fried potatoes and greasy kebab meat seems "a bit much" lmao right) but if you're gonna you might as well double down. cover that bitch in bbq sauce though, inadequate saucing is the prime cause of snack pack failure and disappointment

While I agree cover that bitch in sauce, garlic and chili is all you need. BBQ sauce needs to remember twos a company, threes a crowd!

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Theyr extremely stupid adult babies and the media gives them brainworms
In the DnD thread there is a big argument about whether you can call them idiots or that's a breach of decorum

Lmao Jesus, d&d sticking up for 70 year old racist brexiters. That thread must be insufferable.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

What's wrong with calling them idiots? They are. And idiot is not even the worst thing you should call them.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

it's called nationalism

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

You can call then whatever you want but not if you want their response to be anything other than "Oh yeah? Well the Brexit just got ten times harder!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

namesake posted:

You can call then whatever you want but not if you want their response to be anything other than "Oh yeah? Well the Brexit just got ten times harder!"

yeah but theyr idiots so theres no way to not get that response