Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wanting revenge is a normal response that people can need help through, wanting revenge and framing it in racial terms is inappropriate. It's worth noting how no one says (joking aside) that they want to go out and kill a random white person when a frat student rapes someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really know what they thought would happen. You're going to try and extort one of the richest people on the planet for...what? Amazon isn't gonna drop in value over this. Bezos could die today and the stock price might temporarily dip 15%.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NEXT TIME, ON THE EXPANSE

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1093654050120200192

Also, National Enquirer may have blown up their non-prosecution deal with SDNY.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1093654471157170177

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 8, 2019

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

I don't really know what they thought would happen. You're going to try and extort one of the richest people on the planet for...what? Amazon isn't gonna drop in value over this. Bezos could die today and the stock price might temporarily dip 15%.

And ironically, Bezos took the right action here: He looks innocent in this and they appear to be blackmailing someone to get his newspaper off their case.

Its worth noting this likely violates the Non-Prosecution agreement they made with SDNY over the Trump/Saudi issues. And at this point: They are left holding the loving bag, they can't release the photos as threatened without bringing down even more legal thunder, and they risk severe legal consequences if they hinder SDNYs ongoing investigation into them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Does this cross the legal threshold for extortion/blackmail or is it just of extremely low taste/morals?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DoktorLoken posted:

Does this cross the legal threshold for extortion/blackmail or is it just of extremely low taste/morals?

They demanded that his paper stop investigating their firm or they'd release photos of his junk. Its blackmail/extortion.

It wouldn't be if they just released the photos, which is their right. They chose to try to use them as a bargaining chip to stop a newspaper from investigating them by threatening their CEO.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Neeson probably knows a dozen women who've been sexually assaulted by white guys and hell he's probably still friends with those guys

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bored As gently caress posted:

I wanted to go out and find the guys and kill them, and make them pay for what they did.
This is an apples to racist predator comparison.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bezos maybe cheated on his wife behind her back. Everyone already knows this. Nobody cares what his dick looks like so long as their poo poo shows up in two business days. AMI's bestie Donnie definitely went and cheated on all of his wives, and according to one source his dick looks like Toad.

Bezos, despite anything else he may do, doesn't really do the personality cult thing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DoktorLoken posted:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1093656259390251008

Skeezy or illegal? Not a question I would want to deal with IF I HAD A NON-PROSECUTE AGREEMENT WITH SDNY THAT COULD BE ELIMINATED AND ALL MY STATEMENTS USED AGAINST ME :cripes:

Ben Collins / @oneunderscore__: I was not aware of this phenomenon until about three years ago, but it appears some people are simply addicted to doing crimes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think the only real relevance this has is on his divorce proceedings, allegedly. It's been awhile since that was discussed because my concept of linear time is breaking down due to unhealthy exposure to TRUMP.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

I think the only real relevance this has is on his divorce proceedings, allegedly. It's been awhile since that was discussed because my concept of linear time is breaking down due to unhealthy exposure to TRUMP.

They benefit from Bezo's statement over his newspaper's investigation into them. And yes, it does possibly harm his divorce proceedings. So AMI would benefit from the actions they requested from Bezos.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Here's what my dad (an irishman) had to say about the liam neeson thing:

I don't know what the problem is, he was just looking for one guy to kill. Back in the 60s if it was said that a protestant boy raped a catholic girl or the other way round half the city would've been in flames and there'd be a dozen dead and hundreds injured and the actual rapist would've probably been a brit on holiday anyway.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
No no, I mean the only relevance to Bezos. AMI would clearly benefit from the deal.

Because

Vasudus posted:

The dick pics themselves wouldn't do any damage and everyone would forget about it in under a week. Unless you're the richest man on the planet in a divorce proceeding without a prenup and this was used.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Unrelated to anything on this page, but regarding shity YouTube ads: get "YouTube Vanced" (you might have to enable installing apps from third-party sources). No ads, YouTube plays in the background/with the screen off, it's everything I used to root my phones for.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wells Fargo's entire retail banking system had it's second extended nationwide outage of the week today. All their clients already hate them and having debit cards, online banking, and even in person branch tellers totally unable to process transactions or check balances for an entire thursday is gonna bring enough pain for people to finally make the effort to switch.

I think we might see an honest to god bank run once people start hitting their lunch hour / going home from work tomorrow.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
if you still have a Wells Fargo account at this point you're a moron

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm still uncertain what Tiktok is but I haven't wanted a company to crater so hard due to constantly seeing their ads since Draftkings

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Fire suppression went off in their primary data center. None of the failovers worked, and their BCP fell apart instantly. This is one of those situations where everyone who can fix it has little incentive to as the sooner they get things up and running the sooner they'll be fired.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I sometimes feel like an alien visitor or a person released from prison sometimes when an advertisement somehow reaches me. Companies I've never heard of selling a product I don't need for a purpose I don't understand, often starring people I don't recognize.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arven posted:

Fire suppression went off in their primary data center. None of the failovers worked, and their BCP fell apart instantly. This is one of those situations where everyone who can fix it has little incentive to as the sooner they get things up and running the sooner they'll be fired.

Source for this story?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I didn’t have a choice; they bought my mortgage without asking me

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Source for this story?

Thread from the Syadmin reddit, people posting anonymously claiming first hand knowledge. It all sounds legit and is corroborated by multiple posters.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fallom posted:

I didn’t have a choice; they bought my mortgage without asking me

:same:

I was pissed when we got the letter from WF saying "Surprise we own your mortgage now!"

eat poo poo and die dudes. Barring catastrophe I'll probably never miss a payment and pay down early. I am angry that they are receiving more than $0.01 of profit from me in any way.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

not caring here posted:

Here's what my dad (an irishman) had to say about the liam neeson thing:

I don't know what the problem is, he was just looking for one guy to kill. Back in the 60s if it was said that a protestant boy raped a catholic girl or the other way round half the city would've been in flames and there'd be a dozen dead and hundreds injured and the actual rapist would've probably been a brit on holiday anyway.

Yeah, we had that too, but with black people.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
"Sometimes you just wanna hurt or kill random innocent people and that's ok because you're mad"

That's the take people are going with

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arven posted:

Thread from the Syadmin reddit, people posting anonymously claiming first hand knowledge. It all sounds legit and is corroborated by multiple posters.

As usual: If you don't test your DR plan, a failure will test it for you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Eej posted:

"Sometimes you just wanna hurt or kill random innocent people and that's ok because you're mad"

That's the take people are going with

its what America does

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1093601305195626496

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Unfortunately I didn't have a say in them purchasing my mortgage.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Girding myself to see Jeff Bezos’ dick.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I don't have time to read this dumb poo poo on why liam neeson is or isnt a racist psycho killer wannabe. He's only able to talk about it because of sheer luck. But ya he's brave, its a teachable moment, etc.

We vets are all, to some degree, trained loving killers. If it wasn't the main job, it would have been expected of us at some point in the right situation unless you were the POGiest of POGs. I wouldn't have done this poo poo he did. I don't thing anyone that posts ITT woulda went out looking for any pretext to murder a man, with your only targeting criteria being skin deep.

If anything, I'd have made sure I got the right one. And even that's loving bullshit and I know it. Dudes wanna talk a big game about killing chomos or rapists, but they're all over the loving place. If the talk was real, there'd be alot more people doing murder bids and alot less shitbirds.

That's my take. gently caress Liam Neeson. gently caress this toxic masculinity poo poo. gently caress what we were taught growing up. Its a loving sack of poo poo.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 8, 2019

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
hooah

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also gently caress it, I stan.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1093601038622281728?s=21

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That Works posted:

:same:

I was pissed when we got the letter from WF saying "Surprise we own your mortgage now!"

eat poo poo and die dudes. Barring catastrophe I'll probably never miss a payment and pay down early. I am angry that they are receiving more than $0.01 of profit from me in any way.

At least my mortgage payment went through on the first. Otherwise yeah, gently caress Wells Fargo and I was also bummed that they bought my mortgage from my original lender, who I loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
why the gently caress does everyone say apoplectic now adays? I keep loving seeing it and I never saw it before the aborted second season of true detective.