Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sorry for my recent behaviour, ps4 thread, you guys deserve better than that. I'm taking a break from the internet for a month or so (well mostly forums and social media, still need it for work) and facing things instead of hiding away from recent personal events. Because if i've learnt anything from yakuza, its that to live is to not run away.

:sadwave: see you space cowboy. come back and kill samurai with us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sorry for my recent behaviour, ps4 thread, you guys deserve better than that. I'm taking a break from the internet for a month or so (well mostly forums and social media, still need it for work) and facing things instead of hiding away from recent personal events. Because if i've learnt anything from yakuza, its that to live is to not run away.

Also that most problems can be solved by smashing people with a bike. Thats hopefully less applicable to your current situation, but still worth bearing in mind.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

Good luck!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Housh posted:

When is Dark Souls Battle Royale out?

Sometime this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RsNS6-kQw

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Vikar Jerome posted:

As a poster also facing recent events of a terrible nature, I salute you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

blech

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BisterdDave posted:

I recently ordered myself to stop purposely looking at things on social media and the internet that I knew made me angry 99% of the time, and holy poo poo I feel so much better. You do you man, hopefully everything works out!

I've recently begun taking antidepressants again since I quit cold turkey in 2017 for reasons and one of the things I did to ease it was cut myself from Twitter, Discord, et al. It feels amazing but I'm also worried because social media is pretty much all interactions I have with other people.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I'm confusing Japanese historical fiction games in my head. Which is the one where Sony had some guy play like a 20 minute bamboo flute solo in front of at E3?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ghosts of Tsushima

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Ghosts of Tsushima

That’s the one. Ghosts and shadows are too similar!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Very excited for the samurai game renascence

Aquire make Way of the Samurai 5 you cowards

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

kirbysuperstar posted:

A friend sent me the "Shogun" audiobook to get me pumped for the great samurai games coming up. I've been bouncing between that and my first Witcher book which is of course awesome, always love me some more Witcher stories.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kibayasu posted:

That’s the one. Ghosts and shadows are too similar!

I'm psyched for both. Ghosts looks like it has that really cinematic aspect going for it (with the single slice kills and poo poo that I am all for) while Shadows looks to have that BB/Nioh/Ninja Gaiden frenetic combat AND it also looks like you are actually fighting the enemy rather than rolling about in a mechanically effective but often silly looking fit of rage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How did Anthem pan out in the end?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Darth Walrus posted:

Probably bad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

"LOL"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

Anthem thread's holding onto hope, but general reaction (for those with a smooth demo ride, me being one of them) was that it's a pretty generic shoot and loot. I didn't see any new or interesting ideas.

The story parts are all canned up in an mmo style hub city (like walking around the Destiny city, but you are in first person and it's slow to get around). The story seems a lot like Destiny. Some powerful artifact can make poo poo happen and we need it but now bad people have it, go get the bad people and the thing.

The gameplay is, for want of a better word, fine. It works mechanically, but the game gets a bit busy with a team. The gamefeel to me wasn't great, but people are going to differ wildly on what they like. Flying around didn't really give me a sense of being a badass robot man and shooting the guns was generally a similar affair to a game like The Division. Special weapons vary in good feels. Some of the rockets and mortars are great, but grenades felt a bit light on.

There seems to be a lot of available customisation. Special weapons, guns and other chassis upgrades are all in game buys, which is good. Paint and skins are achievable in game but mainly going to be irl cash buys if you aren't a grinding machine.

My take after playing nearly 6 hours of the game is a fairly solid pass. I can see it being fun for a dedicated group of players or people that simply must have a cosplay Iron Man game right now, but for anyone on the fence I'd just suggest leaving it until a sale or you feel like the playing community have hit stride and evaluated the final product.

E: should mention that the graphics are great, but I wasn't feeling the art direction.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I will most likely play the power armor rpg and pretend that my 4 person team are the Knight Sabers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like limiting flying with a heat meter was a mistake

It’s also odd to me that the hub city looks like a medieval village that has Iron Man suits in the middle

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ryoga posted:

I will most likely play the power armor rpg and pretend that my 4 person team are the Knight Sabers.

Hmmmm yeah I can see that with an all interceptor team. Just need urban environments and evil robots that pop out of human suits

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
From playing the demo, making a javelin look like a Hard Suit was pretty much the only good thing about it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Sekiro might actually BE the one that you engage with! I’ve bounced off Dark Souls many times but Bloodborne was my first Platinum. I’m excited to play Sekiro, it’ll be my first from game played live at release’with other goons.

But yeah, what about the games clashes with what you expect them to be?

It’s really hard to describe why they don’t work for me, because each individual part is something I would like but the sum of them ends up... boring to me.

Well, with Nioh the art and map design didn’t work well for me and I got turned around a lot. But it’s not the combat- The Technomancer pretty much stole Dark Souls combat wholesale and I liked it fine. A lot, actually, though I know I’m in the minority on that one. It’s not the sparse story, I love the idea of filling in gaps in the lore. It’s not difficulty- I’ve been playing stuff like Gothic and Elex since I was in high school. I dunno, the games just don’t work for me.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kirbysuperstar posted:

I need Third Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6XIcYOEYb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9OX74FUPhg

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tetris Effect, man. :2bong:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar Jerome posted:

As someone who has a lot of mental health poo poo and often lets it/outside stress bubble into my interactions on here and with others, I feel you. It’s a very real thing that can sneak up on you and leave you under equipped when it becomes too strong. Take care of yourself yeah? Recharge a little and try to find a little perspective. You realizing this and choosing to step back a little is a healthy step. I wish you the best buddy. Looking forward to seeing you whenever you decide it’s best to come around more.

KIRYU WOULD AGREE!!!!!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The coolest looking part of Anthem was flying around like Iron Man but in playing the demo you can only fly for like 15 seconds at a time and it somehow feels like you're going really slow. So they really hosed up the most fun thing the game probably had going for it and I'd say that's not a great sign.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Darth Walrus posted:

Ea investors are going to watch it launch around the time apex legends hits 20 million players and they're gonna be loving pissed that bioware spent so much to copy the hot trend of nearly 6 years ago

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apex Legends kind of sucks imo. It just feels like a cash in on every popular genre right now and it doesn't do any of them particularly well.

And I'm not saying that as someone who wants to hate it. I am a huge sucker for BR and TF2 is one of my favorite games but it just doesn't feel like a very good BR game to me. Blackout is so much better I don't even really know if I want to bother with AL anymore.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

As someone who has a lot of mental health poo poo and often lets it/outside stress bubble into my interactions on here and with others, I feel you. It’s a very real thing that can sneak up on you and leave you under equipped when it becomes too strong. Take care of yourself yeah? Recharge a little and try to find a little perspective. You realizing this and choosing to step back a little is a healthy step. I wish you the best buddy. Looking forward to seeing you whenever you decide it’s best to come around more.

KIRYU WOULD AGREE!!!!!

I keep meaning to give you a silly redtext but your posts are always well thought out and I don’t want to wreck your av.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
otoh goku never said that and he's a terrible father

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Beanpost Stat Update

The very first Mario Party title was released on Feb 8, 1999

Monster Hunter World has officially sold 12 million copies

Apex Legends has 10 million players, 1 million concurrent

Tony Hawk's Skate Jam is the 17th Tony Hawk videogame

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I finished Claire Scenario A last night. On Leon Scenario B now.

What a wonderful, wonderful game this is!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm playing Talos Principle (got it off that humble bundle) and they've got this setup that looks like a Souls-ian message system that has user names of people on my friends list but I can't determine if the game's actually got that kind of setup or if it's just pulling names from my friends list for them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I restarted FFXV and forgot the beginning of the game is a premonition or whatever of them facing Ifrit and when the boys entered their defensive hug of impenetrable brotherly love I shed a tear and was immediately back on board.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

VideoGames posted:

Hey there same playthrough order buddy! It really is such an amazing game. Don't know if it's too early to say it'll be in the top 5 of the year for sure yet, but RE7 was in my top 5 of 2017 and that year was packed with so many great games.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

BisterdDave posted:

Hey there same playthrough order buddy! It really is such an amazing game. Don't know if it's too early to say it'll be in the top 5 of the year for sure yet, but RE7 was in my top 5 of 2017 and that year was packed with so many great games.

I haven't played RE7, although I bought it, because I'm a base coward. Now I want RE2 because I beat that when it came out, but I got scared watching the video of Mr. X charging at people while X gon' give it to ya was playing.

:-(
I have been too cowardly to finish but stupid enough to buy:
Outlast
Outlast 2
The Evil Within
Until Dawn
Dead Space 3
Alien Isolation

I also was too cowardly to start: The Evil Within 2.

I'd pray for death but it scares me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Yeah! I just beat eyeball shoulder guy on leon A having a blast.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

The original was my favourite Resident Evil.
This is now my favourite Resident Evil.

It is the Tomb Raider Anniversary of the Resident Evil Games :D (TRA is my favourite of those).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VideoGames posted:

Big VG post after you beat it? I’d like to hear your thoughts on it and see what kind of little details you picked up on.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I keep meaning to give you a silly redtext but your posts are always well thought out and I don’t want to wreck your av.

Hahahaha poo poo I’m sorry if I annoy you ever, seriously. Thanks though, I like my current avatar and text! Also saying my posts are well thought out is high praise. I wouldn’t have expected that.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

otoh goku never said that and he's a terrible father

well I mean I don’t know have you seen some of the hugs Gohan gets???

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Beanpost Stat Update

The very first Mario Party title was released on Feb 8, 1999

Monster Hunter World has officially sold 12 million copies

Apex Legends has 10 million players, 1 million concurrent

Tony Hawk's Skate Jam is the 17th Tony Hawk videogame

Thanks for the news bud

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Darth Walrus posted:

is not released yet, we don't know.

I think compete for the same public has The Division, and since it will release near The Division 2, is going to be hard for the game to be popular
is a really pretty game