Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Battlefield Earth feels like it should be in that The Room hands off zone but it should still be a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

I forgot Listener Request Month was a random drawing. Now I don’t feel so bad about forgetting to call in my picks Searching for Bobby Fischer, Lozerno’s Oil, and Radio Flyer.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The thing about Battlefield Earth is, it's going to be a six hour episode with five hours and thirty eight minutes of John Travolta psychlo impressions.

If you've never seen BFE (as we call it in the biz), imagine WHM's impression of The Trickster from Brainscan, multiplied by six, and portrayed by John Travolta with no hint of humor or irony.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m mad we still haven’t gotten any Enterprise episodes.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I do really want to hear their reaction to A Night in Sickbay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkSS3mfH-U

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
BFE is a good one. It's a bad movie, but it's not cult favorite bad. It's kinda like The Postman or Waterworld bad

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Iron Crowned posted:

BFE is a good one. It's a bad movie, but it's not cult favorite bad. It's kinda like The Postman or Waterworld bad

Waterworld is not great by any measure but it doesn't belong in the same category as those other two.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Marin Karin posted:

I do really want to hear their reaction to A Night in Sickbay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkSS3mfH-U

I requested that one along with Acquisition.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I'm the same age as Jupin and whenever I see him I can't get over how fast the rate his hair is going grey at.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So what were the final Listener Request Month picks? I didn't get to watch the drawing live and now that YouTube video is gone. Seems like something they would've archived but I guess not?

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So what were the final Listener Request Month picks? I didn't get to watch the drawing live and now that YouTube video is gone. Seems like something they would've archived but I guess not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFAIAR-9wc
It's still up. Maybe they moved it?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Prince of Persia
Vibes (1988)
Battlefield Earth
Chill Factor

Patreon: Lara Croft Tomb Raider (1st Angelina Jolie one)

Nexus is Distant Voices (DS9)/Genesis (TNG).

AD will be an episode of Stripperella (The Beauty and the Obese)

and an announcement that their next commentary will be whatever Twilight film is next for them

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DoombatINC posted:

The thing about Battlefield Earth is, it's going to be a six hour episode with five hours and thirty eight minutes of John Travolta psychlo impressions.

If you've never seen BFE (as we call it in the biz), imagine WHM's impression of The Trickster from Brainscan, multiplied by six, and portrayed by John Travolta with no hint of humor or irony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACbVe7o9Rs

The best line in that Rifftrax right afterwards: "so...that's the performance you're going with eh"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hey fun fact, no more than forty five seconds ago I made my fiance watch the SPELL YOUR NAME scene unprompted

I'm amazed that she still hasn't changed her number

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Hockles posted:

Patreon: Lara Croft Tomb Raider (1st Angelina Jolie one)

I got both Mortal Kombats. I'm getting National Treasure. (And the second better be a Stay Tuned...)

You win, WHM.

You will have five of my dollars this month.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hockles posted:

Battlefield Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

That's gonna be so much fun. That movie is incredibly stupid.

Tomb Raider should be fun too. I haven't seen that since I saw it in theaters like, what, 19 years ago? I remember that being pretty dumb too.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tomb Raider should be fun too. I haven't seen that since I saw it in theaters like, what, 19 years ago? I remember that being pretty dumb too.

The first Tomb Raider movie manages to perfectly mimic the experience of watching someone else playing the PS1 era TR games: a lot of jumping and shooting and nothing making sense.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I watched that film in the theater and all I remember is the opening scene where she has a multimillion dollar battle mech in her garage for training purposes only.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

National Treasure has a scene where Nick Cage says the villain has unlimited resources and the next shot is the villain using Google.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hockles posted:

The Prince of Persia

I think the plot of this involves a struggle over literal liquid gold buried beneath the desert? It was a very gracefully done allegory

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
No I think it was about timetravel, or is it not the one with Jake Gyllenhaal?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

General Dog posted:

I think the plot of this involves a struggle over literal liquid gold buried beneath the desert? It was a very gracefully done allegory

If I remember correctly they managed to put in a "starting war over lies about weapons of mass destruction" into it.

It's sorta like how they made that recent Robin Hood movie super topical in a desperate attempt to make anyone see it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

sicDaniel posted:

No I think it was about timetravel, or is it not the one with Jake Gyllenhaal?

I think there was that too. Jake Gyllenhaal, Iraq allegory, and a time-travelling dagger

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Marin Karin posted:

Nexus is Distant Voices (DS9)/Genesis (TNG). AD will be an episode of Stripperella (does it really matter which one).

Is this the first journey to the domain of The Sisko for Nexus?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This week's Gleep Glossary was worth it for learning that Steve is the one human being who liked Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This week's Gleep Glossary was worth it for learning that Steve is the one human being who liked Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

I thought my friend from high school and I were the only ones :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I mean there were a hundred shitzillion kusoge licensed fighting games on the PS1, for an actual playable one you basically had to go for that or Warpath: Jurassic Park.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Which one was the PS2 one?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gleep Glossary is my new favorite thing. I used to have that book.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Gleep Glossary is my new favorite thing. I used to have that book.

Same, as a huge Star Wars nerd I'm loving them being baffled by the DEEP LORE of throwaway characters in the loving cantina.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1094423058524327936

:smith:

Goondolences to Eric and his family :love:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh no, hope he's doing ok

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gyges posted:

Is this the first journey to the domain of The Sisko for Nexus?

They have done "Let He Who is Without Sin" and "Civil Defense" in previous lrm's.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I asked previously but didn't get an answer: where do I find the link for the google drive with the old episodes? All I got when I signed up was the link to the patreon feed and I'm desperate to hear the taking care of business episode

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
You should contact the WHM guys for the link.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh, it’s an old post in their patreon feed, so now I’m downloading all the episodes

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

sexpig by night posted:

Oh no, hope he's doing ok

Same same, I know that can be incredibly rough. Condolences and that I hope he can take off as much as he needs

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Just wanted to pass on a Thanks to the gang for uploading an audio version of the mailbag. Video version was great fun, and happy it can also join my podcast playlist for the future.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Is Andrew’s “ohh you can tell it’s a girl ‘cus she’s got a bow in her hair” a reference to something? He’s done it a couple of times and the voice he uses in the delivery always makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fart City posted:

Is Andrew’s “ohh you can tell it’s a girl ‘cus she’s got a bow in her hair” a reference to something? He’s done it a couple of times and the voice he uses in the delivery always makes me laugh.

Wayne's World?

(30 seconds into this clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK--S8kuxOI