Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Greatest Living Man posted:

Check the debug logs. They say pretty specifically what's hitting and why it's being excluded.

After a fair bit of work I figured out my problem. Long story short, I'd moved my Sonarr installation to my server, and through some course of events had deleted my indexer and not re-added it. So, no sources means no files. :facepalm:

quote:

There is a setting in radarr to remove extraneous files. There should also be a 'trash' folder that the file may have been moved to.

Hmm, I guess I'll add all the usual video extensions to this list and hope that solves any future issues with "sample" files. I can't find and trash folder for Sonarr so I guess I'm out of luck there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Hmm, I guess I'll add all the usual video extensions to this list and hope that solves any future issues with "sample" files. I can't find and trash folder for Sonarr so I guess I'm out of luck there.

IIRC it should be an exclusion list to remove stuff like .nfo files. Those particular files wouldn't be in the trash folder, but files deleted for an upgrade might be. You probably need to click show advanced settings.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
I have a Synology ds215j, and recently switched to frugal, however I can't seem to get 100 mbit with them, only around 60-70 (in EU). I've set the server for 50 connections and SSL and my line speed in the general settings to 11 MB/s. I also have no limit set in the sabnzbd UI. Anything else I might be missing? I heard a lot of people saying they get 100 mbit with them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You can lower the connections for sure, you might be having issues due to that. And eh sometimes I get fantastic speeds from my provider, sometimes not. Maybe your distance from the servers etc.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Tried some more things, turns out I can max out my connection if I disable SSL.

The obvious conclusion here, of course, is to upgrade my NAS to a 4-bay, currently eyeing the 418play.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
You should be able to reach 100mbit with like 1/5th of the connections you are using. With more connections comes more overhead. If the device is too weak for encryption though that's a separate problem.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
NGD is running a 6 months for $17 deal https://newsgroupdirect.com/member/billing/?planid=151&deal=

The countdown clock said 10 days 6 hours left when I posted this.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Here's something weird that's happening on my sonarr install on my synology system that I never saw when I used it on my PC.

The show appears normally named, and yet Sonarr can't match it to anything else. :wtc:

bred
Oct 24, 2008
If you mouse over the red ! it will give you the reasons why it was ignored.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

bred posted:

If you mouse over the red ! it will give you the reasons why it was ignored.
I know, it just shows a generic "Unknown series" but it's not like the files have some weird naming convention, they all fit pretty much the standard naming convention that everything else seems to have.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I dunno why its happening, but FWIW, that show works fine for me.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
my "Add to SABnzbd" and "Add to nzbget" integration aren't working for either nzbgeek or nzb.su, even after triple-checking my settings. are there any stupid nub mistakes that could be loving me up? bot nzbgeek and nzb.su give ma notification that they have been added, but the nzbs don't appear in the sabnzbd or nzbget logs, so the file just isn't making it there. adding the file manually works just fine, and my Sonarr/Radarr integration works just fine.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What setting do I want to be tinkering with in radarr to prevent it from trying to "upgrade" the quality on my existing movies? When I migrated to radarr from couchpotato radarr tried to start redownloading all my existing stuff in higher quality. Thank god for no bandwidth limit fios, it did like 2TB before i realized.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

cr0y posted:

What setting do I want to be tinkering with in radarr to prevent it from trying to "upgrade" the quality on my existing movies? When I migrated to radarr from couchpotato radarr tried to start redownloading all my existing stuff in higher quality. Thank god for no bandwidth limit fios, it did like 2TB before i realized.

For each Quality Profile you set a "cut-off" this is the lowest quality that it will not attempt to upgrade from.

When you added each movie to Radarr you set it's quality profile.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone gotten NordVPN to play nice on a Synology NAS with Sonarr, Radarr and SABnzbd?
I followed this guide for setting up NordVPN on it: https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/synology-nas/openvpn/

The NAS can connect to the internet fine and Sonarr/Radarr can connect to tvdbid to search for new items (the first search always fails tho no matter what? weird), but ALL indexers fail to connect now and SABnzbd can't connect to my provider (newshosting).

I'm guessing all the programs don't understand that there is a VPN now and need to be told to route through it, but i have no idea how to do it.
Sonarr/Radarr/SABnzbd is being ran through Docker.

Edit: or i re-read the op and a VPN is actually pointless for this kind of stuff cause your ISP cant tell what you are downloading anyway via usenet? correct?

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 6, 2019

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
If your Usenet provider has SSL just use that.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Doesn't SSL expose my NAS to the internet tho? I remember turning it off in the past at least cause i instantly got russian and indian hackers trying to get into it.

edit: no sorry, that was SSH, terminology is confusing when you dont even know what it all really is

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
SSL is just encryption that hides what you're downloading from your ISP. A VPN is definitely overkill for downloading from Usenet. You'd only want to use a VPN if you were posting copyrighted stuff.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Are public torrents in any way better than Usenet for content? I have a VPN and am moderately interested in setting up a jail behind the VPN for automated downloading of public torrents for stuff that's not found on private indexers or trackers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sedative posted:

SSL is just encryption that hides what you're downloading from your ISP. A VPN is definitely overkill for downloading from Usenet. You'd only want to use a VPN if you were posting copyrighted stuff.

Yeah, nobody to my knowledge has ever been busted for solely downloading from usenet.

Are public torrents in any way better than Usenet for content? I have a VPN and am moderately interested in setting up a jail behind the VPN for automated downloading of public torrents for stuff that's not found on private indexers or trackers.

For content? Maybe. Either stuff that has been DMCA'd or out of retention for your service. Even with a VPN I'd want to get off seeding a public torrent ASAP.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So if i followed this guide for enabling SSL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajoUSlivYw
But it failed to work at the very end where i have to access the NAS via "xxxx.synology.me:5001", the address just never resolved and i got a 404. The youtube comments say to try using Quickconnect, but if i do all this are people gonna be able to see/try to connect to my NAS via the internet?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Dongattack posted:

So if i followed this guide for enabling SSL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajoUSlivYw
But it failed to work at the very end where i have to access the NAS via "xxxx.synology.me:5001", the address just never resolved and i got a 404. The youtube comments say to try using Quickconnect, but if i do all this are people gonna be able to see/try to connect to my NAS via the internet?

Your connection to your NAS isn't what people were suggesting you encrypt.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

No I was talking about using the SSL servers from your Usenet provider. In sabnzbd you'd just change your servers from something like news.whatever.com port 119 to news.whatever.com port 563. Check your provider's site to find the right address and port number.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

sedative posted:

No I was talking about using the SSL servers from your Usenet provider. In sabnzbd you'd just change your servers from something like news.whatever.com port 119 to news.whatever.com port 563. Check your provider's site to find the right address and port number.

Oooooooh, okay thanks, i'll try to figure that out tomorrow.

edit: actually it was super easy so i could do it from my trash laptop in bed and it turns out i have always been using the SSL port. crisis averted i guess lol, thank you everyone :derp:

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 8, 2019

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, nobody to my knowledge has ever been busted for solely downloading from usenet.

For content? Maybe. Either stuff that has been DMCA'd or out of retention for your service. Even with a VPN I'd want to get off seeding a public torrent ASAP.

Really? I mean there would be no inventive to seed a public torrent, but it's not like your true IP would be figured out by DMCAbots if you did. Unless the VPN provider complied with such requests.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unless the VPN provider complied with such requests.

And there’s the issue. Hasn’t happened to my knowledge, but doesn’t mean it can’t and won’t happen. There’s nothing to gain by hanging on seeding on public sites for the most part, so unless you need to just hop off when you can.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s nothing to gain by hanging on seeding on public sites for the most part

Somebody has to. It's certainly not going to be me, but I'm glad that some people do.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I once got a DMCA notice from downloading from usenet many years ago, and it was from using a NON-SSL connection.

99% of my downloads these days come from usenet with a SSL connection, not 1 single notice.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

derk posted:

I once got a DMCA notice from downloading from usenet many years ago, and it was from using a NON-SSL connection.

99% of my downloads these days come from usenet with a SSL connection, not 1 single notice.

I think it's likely that you're mis-remembering some things. Those notices come after someone informs your ISP that a specific IP address downloaded a specific thing at a specific time, then the ISP sends you the notice after they correlate your IP, time and request with your user account. With usenet the only way that the reporter can know that your IP address was associated with a download would be if they had access to the usenet server's log files and that seems really unlikely and something SSL would not prevent since your request would still be logged with your IP. With torrents your IP goes into the pool and is publicaly available to anyone else connected to that swarm, but with usenet nothing is shared to the rest of the public. It's highly likely your notice was about a torrent download and not usenet and you're just mistaken.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I think it's likely that you're mis-remembering some things. Those notices come after someone informs your ISP that a specific IP address downloaded a specific thing at a specific time, then the ISP sends you the notice after they correlate your IP, time and request with your user account. With usenet the only way that the reporter can know that your IP address was associated with a download would be if they had access to the usenet server's log files and that seems really unlikely and something SSL would not prevent since your request would still be logged with your IP. With torrents your IP goes into the pool and is publicaly available to anyone else connected to that swarm, but with usenet nothing is shared to the rest of the public. It's highly likely your notice was about a torrent download and not usenet and you're just mistaken.

you're probably right, this was many many many years ago.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah, your ISP isn't inspecting your Usenet traffic and picking out file names or anything like that, they don't care and they don't want to care. If they were to do something like that it'd actually put them in a legally worse spot because they'd be stepping out from behind the "common carrier" shield to a point where they were actively policing traffic.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

wolrah posted:

Yeah, your ISP isn't inspecting your Usenet traffic and picking out file names or anything like that, they don't care and they don't want to care. If they were to do something like that it'd actually put them in a legally worse spot because they'd be stepping out from behind the "common carrier" shield to a point where they were actively policing traffic.

Pardon my ignorance on how this whole thing works, but why is this true for usenet traffic, but not torrents?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The ISP aren't actively inspecting your connections to torrents, property owners are and then their legal team files complaints to the ISP who have to then get involved.

People downloading lots is good for ISPs with capped connections, always a good excuse to charge people for going over their quota.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ugh nzbs.org been indexing a ton of fakes with malware infections the last few days. Last few batches I spotted by hand, but tonight my Radarr install grabbed like 5 of them.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ugh nzbs.org been indexing a ton of fakes with malware infections the last few days. Last few batches I spotted by hand, but tonight my Radarr install grabbed like 5 of them.

Set file size minimums in your quality profiles in Radarr. That’ll avoid like 99% of that problem.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They’re padded out so the file sizes (for some at least) are realistic. They’re easy to spot by hand because they’re all around the same size, but Radarr can’t see that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EL BROMANCE posted:

They’re padded out so the file sizes (for some at least) are realistic. They’re easy to spot by hand because they’re all around the same size, but Radarr can’t see that.

Hmm, are they faking scene group names too? Maybe set a tag to only get from a certain group that you know puts out legit releases?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some examples. Day 1 all had [Fox at the end, I can’t remember what yesterday’s batches were, today are all Epic. Mix of stuff that’s out and stuff that isn’t. File size is growing, they were all under 1gb on day 1, yesterday all around 1.3. Naturally some of them are obvious fakes, but a 1.8gb HC HDRip is possible from a not so hot source. I’m guessing they’re not gonna stop, and will change again by tomorrow.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

EL BROMANCE posted:

Some examples. Day 1 all had [Fox at the end, I can’t remember what yesterday’s batches were, today are all Epic. Mix of stuff that’s out and stuff that isn’t. File size is growing, they were all under 1gb on day 1, yesterday all around 1.3. Naturally some of them are obvious fakes, but a 1.8gb HC HDRip is possible from a not so hot source. I’m guessing they’re not gonna stop, and will change again by tomorrow.

Yeah I have gotten a couple of those for new releases. Using geek & cat. Not really an issue so far since it's not getting executed. If it did, it's in a FreeBSD jail. Mostly just a minor annoyance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
is there any reason a radarr installation would be deleting certain movies in certain folders? I keep having specific movies get deleted automatically, or renamed with the titles of other nzbs, then deleted, I think?