Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

They give bonuses to "All"-class coins, not all classes of coins. Only the shop CEs boost all classes of coins.

Dang! Oh well, I'll just have to aim for the shop CEs fast then I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Spent 14 tickets and got Taiga to NP4. Good enough!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
...it seems really cruel to give a miniature trojan horse to Hektor...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

...it seems really cruel to give a miniature trojan horse to Hektor...

No Hector is the one giving you the miniature Trojan Horse.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's still weird.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lartoria made such a big to-do of her chocolate. I'm just glad she asked Bedivere instead of Lancelot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Was there ever a baal or endorph servant review of mxha? I feel like I vaguely remember it being mixed in with something but I can't find it.

Afair neither Endorph or I wrote anything past the release of Babylon. Seeing as NA is getting closer to Shinjuku, after I make a new thread for DMC5 and get some school poo poo together, I'll get to work on some stuff for the thread probably.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

That's still weird.

"Here, have a replica of the thing that destroyed my country"

Still cute compared to say, Shi Huang Di/the First Emperor, who gives you a genuine elixir of immortality, or Kiara or Summer BB, where you would honestly get a bad end if this were a normal VN and not a cell phone game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
drat, I checked out the Summer BB Valentine's scene, and you aren't kidding. Straight up a Bad End.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

No MHXA in my pulls, sadly, but...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

nyttyn posted:

:same:

Also np2 Saber Alter because why not.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bakanogami posted:

"Here, have a replica of the thing that destroyed my country"

Still cute compared to say, Shi Huang Di/the First Emperor, who gives you a genuine elixir of immortality, or Kiara or Summer BB, where you would honestly get a bad end if this were a normal VN and not a cell phone game.

Or Arjuna, who gives you the arrow he killed Karna with.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's a dealbreaker, ladies

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So if I'm understanding this right, unlike last year where they rotated which class was more likely to appear in the farming quests every 12 hours, this time it's just and even spread all event unless you use an item to focus it?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

No MHXA yet, but I did get Gorgon, so that's good.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Edit: Double post

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

So if I'm understanding this right, unlike last year where they rotated which class was more likely to appear in the farming quests every 12 hours, this time it's just and even spread all event unless you use an item to focus it?

Yeah, you gotta use molds to narrow it down. They will refund as a drop very frequently on the 40AP quests (and supposedly you get 5 free every day? Not sure on this), so you functionally just get to pick which enemy class to fight.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

5 tickets and 120 SQ got me a handful of the event CEs (which I doubt I need since I still have some of the good ones from last year), NP3 D'eon, NP5 Jaguar Warrior, a spook by Fran (at least she's new), and MHXA showed up after that, so I'm fairly happy w/ those results.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Got Karna, the handsomest of the boys, in three tickets

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was able to get up to +19 Assassin coins by stacking a bunch of event CEs on a party full of casters. Might just stick to grinding that and buying those things that make the enemies into assassins when I run out (IIRC you can buy them from the event shop).

edit: Make that +22, managed to find another Merlin with a +5 CE. This might actually be easier than the last event to max out (not counting the chocolates, which I'll only get for a few characters I like).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 8, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
.... Did my eyes decieve me? I'm pretty Spartacus had a renamed NP for his appearance in the prologue.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/coughdrops/status/1093659048140955648?s=19

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

:shepicide:

I'm gonna kill myself farming to collect all these ROMANTIC MANGIFTS.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

That's weird, MHXA doesn't have any dialogue for the holy grail. Is that a glitch, or is that the same in the Japanese version too?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Pretty sure it's on purpose, Musashi doesn't have anything to say about the grail either.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

nyttyn posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

same++

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Getting 3 in one roll also led me to the promised land of MLB Choco Angel

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I got NP2 Salter, NP4 Carmilla and then got excited when I saw rainbow sparks, annnnd it turned out to be my second Jack. Talk about bittersweet right there.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

Merlin, jean alter, musashi and now mhx alter times 2. Excluding Ishtar ive gotten pretty much every servant i wanted to roll for so there goes my luck for the rest of the year.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Two ten pulls and 15 tickets did not get me MHXA. It did get me a couple Chocolate Angels, NP3 Tamamo Cat, and new to me servants Nursery Rhyme and Lancer Altria Alter.

Now I have no idea what to try and save for in the future.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If nothing else, the Alter-Egos from the CCC event are worth a shot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is the quest content for this event dependent upon your gender? The one that just unlocked had Emiya and Diarmuid, so I'm wondering if the two attractive male servants were in the question because my avatar is female.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Did I make a mistake? I burned D'Eon's chocolate and bought it all over again, but no voiced scene. I guess this wasn't one of the voice ones? Now I'm just confused... :confused:

If only select servants are voiced, now I gotta find out which of the remaining ones I earned can actually unlock new content.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

Is the quest content for this event dependent upon your gender? The one that just unlocked had Emiya and Diarmuid, so I'm wondering if the two attractive male servants were in the question because my avatar is female.

It doesn't matter what Guda you chose, they're part of the silly story.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

Did I make a mistake? I burned D'Eon's chocolate and bought it all over again, but no voiced scene. I guess this wasn't one of the voice ones? Now I'm just confused... :confused:

If only select servants are voiced, now I gotta find out which of the remaining ones I earned can actually unlock new content.

Voiced scenes are jp only.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

taser rates posted:

Voiced scenes are jp only.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. On with the grind!

Crasical posted:

:shepicide:

I'm gonna kill myself farming to collect all these ROMANTIC MANGIFTS.

You're not alone in this terrible fate.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wasn't expecting infinity chocolate (black bean paste...) to be an infinity gauntlet reference, but in retrospect that makes sense

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Blight Runner posted:

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. On with the grind!

You're not alone in this terrible fate.

If you need a hand to hold, then stay the night.

VV What do you think this event is for? Pleasing everyone? No. Just Jalter, SAlter, Medusa and the other good ones.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You're crazy if you expect me to burn the chocolate CE's my Servants made for me. You would also be crazy to expect me to collect all of them and fill my second archive and active inventory slots with useless CEs. Favorite Servant chocolates only, and then gently caress the rest.