Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

I already hate it because the story in Catherine is already confusing enough and over complicated that patching in a 3rd waifu is unecessary

Isn't the story just that the dude is a lovely loser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Samuringa posted:

I've been really enjoying Hitman, which I always thought would be a hard pass for me because of all the people talking about the intricacies of every map and the hidden stuff you can find and I just don't have the patience anymore to keep wandering around hoping I find the perfect situation to neutralize my target. But it actually has a "filthy casual" mode where they give you pointers when you select a storyline and you can look in the Challenges menu if you want to sauce it up.

I've only completed all the storylines of the Final Exam so far but it was fantastic.

I'm playing it through Hitman 2 too, which I don't know how it affects any of those things.

It's worth playing around and trying to do some silly non-scripted kills too. You get a bunch of fun tools to mess with!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Yes and oh goodness no. Its hard to say more without spoilers but in summary the actual story of the game happens in the non-story challenge mode

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Wasn't someone talking about cheap Nioh some pages ago?

kinda me but I was just wanting the dlc on PS4 since I already own the game and I know it's gone on sale before for cheaper than that, even.

I was tempted when i saw that in the deals thread, though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People are asking Respawn to make certain classes in Apex Legends straight

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The 7th Guest posted:

whoever reads to the end of this page, you have been treated to a special prize: the big reveal of the new catherine edition

https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/ao1c5c/rins_identity_leaked_major_full_body_spoilers/

hope you hate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJFjVyO8N3Y

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are asking Respawn to make certain classes in Apex Legends straight
Respawn should tell them to stop trying to shoehorn straight white people into games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Respawn should make a good game instead,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Failpex Legends.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Respawn should make a good game instead,
their star wars game comes out this year also, so keep waiting lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

And yet Deep Down hasn't been prioritised.

Holy poo poo I completely forgot about that game. I assume it has been quietly canceled.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo I completely forgot about that game. I assume it has been quietly canceled.
Deep Down we all know it has lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In Training posted:

Failpex Legends.

Apex Failings.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Deep Down and WiLD definitely exist and weren't just made up to sell people on PS4 before it had good games

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Apex Legends is pretty fun and I'm not really a huge fan of BR games either. Y'all should give it a chance.

We'll see how it goes, but the launch has been HUGE from what I'm hearing. Lots of positive chatter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Deep Down and WiLD definitely exist and weren't just made up to sell people on PS4 before it had good games

holy poo poo I forgot about WiLD. I feel so loving bad for Michel Ancel, his entire career is just poo poo that gets cancelled or takes decades to come out. I'm not even convinced BG+E2 will come out for another 4 to 5 years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

Deep Down has actually had playable demos that the public have got to try out. There was even meant to be a beta test in Japan but it never happened.

I was just thinking about WILD last month because I was playing Far Cry Primal for the first time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

I want to believe with Mega Man 11 that Capcom has learned that theres is appetite for smaller scale games with presumably lower budgets. BoF could fit in there pretty well.

You could even cheap out and make it look like Bof4 or DQ's poly/sprite hybrid system. A lot of devs are afraid of doing that and I've never understood why.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They did not

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'll have a day at work tomorrow with virtually nothing to do. Anyone have any recs for phone games that actually feel substantive?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

PantsBandit posted:

I'll have a day at work tomorrow with virtually nothing to do. Anyone have any recs for phone games that actually feel substantive?

If you're on android, you can emulate GBA or SNES easily

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's that one that people compare to Civ that I can never remember the title of (it is not CivRev)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Any Square Enix single player game, that port of Lunar 1, and i dunno hearthstone. Phone gaming is dire.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Infinity Blade 1, 2 and 3 have relatively full fledged dodge/block/party sword fighting and RPG leveling up mechanics.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

As long as he's working on Dragon's Dogma 2 now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Infinity Blade 1, 2 and 3 have relatively full fledged dodge/block/party sword fighting and RPG leveling up mechanics.

None of those games exist anymore

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHkmHBPs2Q

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

February 14th. If you've never played Enderal, do it, it's loving spectacular.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

None of those games exist anymore

Whoa what the gently caress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Much like the Doom RPGs or Chu Chu Rocket, mobile games dissappear and are never recovered. With only a tiny emulation scene a lot of them are frankly lost for good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I worked from home because of snow, and today is my Friday so I'm gonna start gaming soon. Sorry to hear it though, FAK.

I hope you enjoyed the working from home! And thanks, it's been a sorta draining day. Just some stuff going on with my psych doctor being a jackass about poo poo and it's just really annoying and causing me lots of trouble because they're just being overly difficult because they think that I'm too much for them to handle and that I should be discharged from their services.

Barudak posted:

Yes and oh goodness no. Its hard to say more without spoilers but in summary the actual story of the game happens in the non-story challenge mode

I'm never gonna play it, can you spoil it for me?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Steve Yun posted:

I think they took them down around the same time they also added the literal Infinity Blade to Fortnite. Which was then promptly removed for being too powerful I think? Is it back now?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Failpex Legends.

Apesex bellends

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm never gonna play it, can you spoil it for me?

Spoilers for Catherine The game has a frame narrative of like an extremely anime twilight zone, and the events in the episode are the game you play catherine. The story is kicked off when the schlub protag meets this extremely attractive woman at the bar named catherine who is super into him at the same time hes having commitment issues with his actual girlfriend Katherine. The game consists of go to bar, chat with Catherine, go home and have a nightmare which is the actual game of climbing a tower as a weird sheep man. Depending on your choices with Catherine the story goes in two main branches, either the main character realizes his dreams and nightmares which seem supernatural are just him freaking out about Katherine and he should propose to her and his friends provide coroborrating evidence Catherine never existed and he lives happily with Katherine or Catherine reveals shes actually a demon who lures men out of committed relationships to kill them on behalf of a demon lord who you then take on and kill to be with Catherine forever. Either way the frame narrative returns, gives you twilight zone ending and game ends.

Ok great, well beating the game unlocks challenge mode which is also narrated by the frame narrative host but has no real story, just absurdly difficult challenges. If you perservere through all all of them the host reveals she is not actually a tv host but really is the goddess of love and wants a new man; by beating victors story and the challenges she knows your thoughts and real skill and invites you, the player, to become her sexual consort. Then the game ends.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

The actual story is an obvious metaphor for Japan's declining birth rate and like most non-Persona SMT games the "good" ending is taking the neutral path where you stay single and go to space.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished iconoclasts. the final boss reveal was fuckin amazing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fun facts about sonic the hedgehog:

Hedgehogs occasionally perform a ritual called anointing. When the animal encounters a new scent, it will lick and bite the source, then form a scented froth in its mouth and paste it on its spines with its tongue. The purpose of this habit is unknown, but some experts believe anointing camouflages the hedgehog with the new scent of the area and provides a possible poison or source of infection to predators poked by their spines.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1091512990812332032

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sonic fandom taught me that blue is the horniest colour

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqvt8o6FXw