Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Ted, listen. Looks like you're reading the thread, so, let me tell you this right now: you do not know hunger. Go gently caress yourself.

How soon we forget Ted Rall's actually true and real tale of homeless life on the mean city streets, surviving only by his wits and also by the rich interesting 1980s women who all wanted to bang him despite his being a pathetic dullard creep begging for pizzeria garbage, so he didn't ever have to go without shelter, a warm bed, or sexy blowjobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

How soon we forget Ted Rall's actually true and real tale of homeless life on the mean city streets, surviving only by his wits and also by the rich interesting 1980s women who all wanted to bang him despite his being a pathetic dullard creep begging for pizzeria garbage, so he didn't ever have to go without shelter, a warm bed, or sexy blowjobs

Listen if we have to take all of Rall's self-aggrandizing bullshit as gospel, he's committed murder, multiple aggravated assault, and been labelled a medical marvel by a team of doctors after he got a wart that exploded an artery all over the ER.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
<a Chuck Norris joke. the name "Ted Rall" has been sloppily substituted in an unsteady hand>

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Be nice to Rall now that we have his attention. This is his chance to achieve self awareness after 50 something years in cartooning and learn to not suck at it.

Listen Ted. Check out youtube guides on how to draw. It's not too late! You too can one day work at Pixar.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Honestly, regardless of how you feel about the whole teenagers joining the military for lack of other options argument, you have to agree that Ted Rall has absolutely no leg to stand on in this argument since he knowingly got a job with a Russian propaganda company instead of staying true to whatever moral and ethical standards he purports to have and getting a job at Starbucks when nobody else would pay him for his lovely cartoons.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CuwiKhons posted:

instead of staying true to whatever moral and ethical standards he purports to have and getting a job at Starbucks when nobody else would pay him for his lovely cartoons.
No no when Ted Rall said people should just suck it up and take bad jobs even if they're thankless and not what they wanted, he meant other people.

Just like when he says people aren't doing enough by protesting and should riot or stage a revolution, he means other people. Not Ted Rall.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly enhance the recording of myself asking the police officer if there are any good restaurants nearby

e: love too come out of seclusion to reprise the same ancient dunks on Ted Rall an unreasonable and unflattering number of times in the middle of the god drat night

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 8, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Because I'm sure Russia's never done anything wrong, but hey, Ted Rall has no loyalty or care about anyone other than himself in the end. Otherwise, if he actually cared about climate change so much he'd become a survivalist, live in a cave and get by on roots and berries. He'd be protesting and getting arrested if he cared about human rights or going up against George Bush Jr, Obama or Donald Trump. And if he wasn't a talent-less hack, he'd finally drop his libel claim Danny Hellman - but that would be the actions of someone that wasn't a pathetic little man.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I know this is like an actual point of debate among leftists to what degree troops are personally bad and responsible for their badness and whatever but I’m still loling at him calling customer service workers “the real heroes.” Buddy I work at a hotel front desk and deal with assholes for most of my job and there’s nothing heroic about it, it sucks rear end. Rall is probably one of those clueless white people who think that because I have to be nice to him, means I like him.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly enhance the recording of myself asking the police officer if there are any good restaurants nearby

e: love too come out of seclusion to reprise the same ancient dunks on Ted Rall an unreasonable and unflattering number of times in the middle of the god drat night

Old men require old dunks.

E: 'sides I can't really argue against this 'cuz I'm boutta reheat some content from five years ago and serve it up like it's fresh

Somfin fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 8, 2019

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Old men require old dunks.

E: 'sides I can't really argue against this 'cuz I'm boutta reheat some content from five years ago and serve it up like it's fresh

You're good, I just feel like I was kramering around at a high velocity

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well for one thing Carrey knows about how breasts work and where to put them.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

The US military is the world's biggest gang. So obviously, we should treat everyone who joins it exactly the same way Republicans treat everyone who joins any other gang. :downs:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Selachian posted:

Note that Hellman's letter was in response to Rall publishing a bitchy screed in the Village Voice attacking Spiegelman. According to Rall, Spiegelman was using his post-Maus fame and connections to rule the alt-comics world, dispensing favors on undeserving artists who were, surprise, Not Ted Rall.

Reminder that Ted got Stephanie McMillan a job when he was Editor of Acquisitions and Development for United Features Syndicate.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Gen. Ripper posted:

The US military is the world's biggest gang. So obviously, we should treat everyone who joins it exactly the same way Republicans treat everyone who joins any other gang. :downs:

The US Military is the world’s largest polluter, so we should treat them like Captain Planet villains.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

The US Military is the world’s largest polluter, so we should treat them like Captain Planet villains.

https://i.imgur.com/Vu2h8ei.mp4

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Was Captain Planet pole-dancing on that....missile?

Also, does this mean we don't have to see Prickly City again? Are...are we finally free?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

OAquinas posted:

Was Captain Planet pole-dancing on that....missile?

Also, does this mean we don't have to see Prickly City again? Are...are we finally free?

Forgive me for summoning one of the few things that have no place on the internet: context.

Captain Planet is weakened by pollutants of the five elements, the fifth of which is infamously Heart. When five villains got anti-rings that could summon Captain Pollution, the opposite of Heart was explicitly stated to be Hate. Freddy MercAryan here was the only person hateful enough to weaken Captain Planet just by being a racist person in his vicinity.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 8, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1093758278276915200
I smell toast burning

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

That's some loving Day by Day quality word salad right there.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

What beliefs? What loving beliefs do you spineless hacks have except for "Trump rude", "but Shrillary worse" and "whatever happened to :decorum:?"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sheep-dodger posted:

What beliefs? What loving beliefs do you spineless hacks have except for "Trump rude", "but Shrillary worse" and "whatever happened to :decorum:?"

Their beliefs are that the status quo is good and capitalist vultures should continue to feed on the poor while the world burns, as long as the poor are polite about it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I am not aware of any haughty mill in France.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

BiggerJ posted:

Forgive me for summoning one of the few things that have no place on the internet: context.

Captain Planet is weakened by pollutants of the five elements, the fifth of which is infamously Heart. When five villains got anti-rings that could summon Captain Pollution, the opposite of Heart was explicitly stated to be Hate. Freddy MercAryan here was the only person hateful enough to weaken Captain Planet just by being a racist person in his vicinity.

This is both extremely dumb and makes perfect sense at the same time.

Also gently caress you Ted Rall.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mikl posted:

Also gently caress you Ted Rall.

Somfin, from 2014 posted:

So, to summarise:
2024 is a racist, woman-hating, crotchety old conservative white man's 1984. It is everything that Orwell hated and should be everything that Rall hates.

It's happening, folks. It's five years later. I've pulled down all of Jagger's old scans and found all of my old posts. I've had about five years general life experience since the initial read-along. Starting tomorrow, we're gonna be going through, two-page spread by two-page spread, the work that Ted Rall is most proud of.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

It's happening, folks. It's five years later. I've pulled down all of Jagger's old scans and found all of my old posts. I've had about five years general life experience since the initial read-along. Starting tomorrow, we're gonna be going through, two-page spread by two-page spread, the work that Ted Rall is most proud of.

God help us all.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Quick! Close the thread!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Their beliefs are that the status quo is good and capitalist vultures should continue to feed on the poor while the world burns, as long as the poor are polite about it.

I mean, yeah, that's what they support, but they don't even argue for the status quo, they just keep loving that decorum chicken. I'd respect them more if they had the balls to come out to say "yeah, we don't think people should have Healthcare, watcha gonna do about it?"

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Somfin posted:

I can't can wait!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

loving triggered lib lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Would Rall be a better or worse President than Trump?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Discendo Vox posted:

Pretty sure Rall's first order of business would be rolling LGBTQ protections back to the stone age because we were 'more interesting' back when we weren't 'mainstream' like we're a loving punk band that sold out and not human beings so I'm not totally sure Trump is any worse.

Like Trump doesn't care about the weak and vulnerable and plows through them with reckless disregard if they are in his way, but Rall has active contempt for them.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Somfin posted:

:yeshaha:

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
I haven’t kept up with this thread in awhile but I was recently trying to remember the name of the comic with the sad divorced dog dad. I think it was published in Slate or somewhere. Can anyone help me out?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nice try, rear end in a top hat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

You have to be a real piece of poo poo PC libtard to think ill the Slaveholding South for its past sins

:fuckoff: forever

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Discendo Vox posted:

Hard to say since they’re both Russian puppets. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Bombadilillo posted:

You have to be a real piece of poo poo PC libtard to think ill the Slaveholding South for its past sins

:fuckoff: forever

You know that Branco is the kind of racist moron that totally buys into the Lost Cause of the Confederacy. "suretheyownedslaves BUT the Yankees were so mean to them, they were just trying to protect their traditions and culture!"