Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NikkolasKing posted:

People like displays of strength was all I was saying. Absolute nobodies in front of dead crowds can get pops this way which is why I mentioned Asya. There is also Johnny The Bull gorilla pressing Rikishi, the most memorable thing he ever did in WWE. You gain nothing by making your wrestlers wrestle worse. If they can do cool things let them do cool things.

Anya never got pops though and got written off TV with Vampiro killing her to anger the KISS Demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The crowd still pops for someone who lifts Big Show even though it's been done so many times.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

People like displays of strength was all I was saying. Absolute nobodies in front of dead crowds can get pops this way which is why I mentioned Asya. There is also Johnny The Bull gorilla pressing Rikishi, the most memorable thing he ever did in WWE. You gain nothing by making your wrestlers wrestle worse. If they can do cool things let them do cool things.

That would imply they allowed people to get over on their own.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The crowd still pops for someone who lifts Big Show even though it's been done so many times.
lol no-one’s ever lifted the Big Show, come on. He’s too big.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

jesus WEP posted:

lol no-one’s ever lifted the Big Show, come on. He’s too big.

Big Show does it every day :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of Big Show what happened this time? He had that couple weeks with the Bar and disappeared again.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Anya never got pops though and got written off TV with Vampiro killing her to anger the KISS Demon

I can't check right now but like I said, I remember her getting a reaction for suplexing Eddie even in front of the Mayhem crowd. Not a huge pop but it shows people appreciate the cool and unexpected, like a woman lifting up a man for several seconds.

Asya and Dana are both really tiny so folks don't expect such feats from them. Apparently you have to be built like Chyna or Nia in order for people to recognize you can lift a few hundred pounds. Althogh anybody who saw Asya's thighs should realize she could kill dudes with them.

After seeing Asya I went and looked up Christi Wolf's bodybuilding career. Cool lady.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Would a WWE sanctioned "strong woman" contest to test entrants on different feats of strength.....

I'm starting to realize this sounds a little like Titans or Ninja warrior and I think maybe I'm a retarded

It sounds like a bad version of NXT the Game Show

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I still want to punch Todd Pettengill in the face.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I still want to punch Todd Pettengill in the face.

That meme where they put Nic Cage’s face on David Schwimmer as Ross Gellar, but instead it’s Todd

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Has a crowd dumped on anybody for pointing at the Wrestlemania sign yet? As in someone they usually like eliciting boos specifically for the act of the point, not like Roman being Roman and getting booed for being Roman. It seems like the kind of thing that would've happened by now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TriffTshngo posted:

Has a crowd dumped on anybody for pointing at the Wrestlemania sign yet? As in someone they usually like eliciting boos specifically for the act of the point, not like Roman being Roman and getting booed for being Roman. It seems like the kind of thing that would've happened by now.

No, it's a meme so people always cheer it now unless they actively hate the person doing it.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I’m waiting for the day that an increasingly irate WWE Universe will start doing “3... 2... 1... *buzzer noise*” chants in the middle of a promo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Angry Grimace posted:

No, it's a meme so people always cheer it now unless they actively hate the person doing it.

the w.w.e. universe is a hosed up place, i've decided

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

dailymotion is more like youtube every day. tons of poo poo is gone.

like no bullshit it took me about an hour to find an upload of the cruiserweight battle royal that dean malenko won.

That sucks, is there anywhere else that has the unedited/un-tiny-fied versions?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

AkumaHokoru posted:

dailymotion is more like youtube every day. tons of poo poo is gone.

like no bullshit it took me about an hour to find an upload of the cruiserweight battle royal that dean malenko won.
drat, this is why I couldn't find the video of Eric Bischoff proposing marriage to Hulk Hogan to own somebody in the WCW thread.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

outside of maybe a wrestling tracker somewhere i doubt it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there no professional footage of Vader vs. Muta at the G1? All I've seen is that handicam from the crowd. They're like my two lifelong favorites and I've never got to see that match in any kind of quality.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Vimeo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Who was the best football player (in terms of actual football ability) to ever really become a star in wrestling?

I think you'd have to give it to McMichael, though that's cutting it close for a "star." But Ernie Ladd also won an AFL championship with the Chargers.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wasn’t Wahoo a pretty big NFL star?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bronko Nagurski is both a Pro Football and Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

rutube

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ernie Ladd, Bronko

Ron Simmons was really good in college football.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Bronko Nagurski is both a Pro Football and Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer.

poo poo and I'm a bears fan, that's embarrassing to forget

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Randaconda posted:

Ernie Ladd, Bronko

Ron Simmons was really good in college football.

Even had his number retired

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

Who was the best football player (in terms of actual football ability) to ever really become a star in wrestling?

I think you'd have to give it to McMichael, though that's cutting it close for a "star." But Ernie Ladd also won an AFL championship with the Chargers.

Mongo was a 5 time all star. I think "star" is a reasonable term for him (he also has a super bowl ring).

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Why does hardly anyone care that Vince McMahon is a rapist?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Pillman was a phenomenal athlete, but never achieved his potential in football for much of the same reasons he never did so in wrestling.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Because he's dead?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

Why does hardly anyone care that Vince McMahon is a rapist?

Because he did a great job at burying it, and rape is tough charge to make stick retroactively. Look at what it took to put Cosby away.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Get Hannibal Buress to guest host Raw

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Because he's dead?
Short and dead.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What was the name of Super Muñeco's indie fed from the 80s with crazy ripoff masks and characters? It's the one that inspired Antonio Peña to come up with wild gimmicks, and I'm totally blanking on it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Get Hannibal Buress to guest host Raw

This would unironically get me to watch, Hannibal is great.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This would unironically get me to watch, Hannibal is great.

He hates Nakamura’s NJPW music though

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Could Honky Tonk Man actually work? I dont think I've seen a single one of his matches other than the Warrior squash, and definitely not his Stampede and Memphis stuff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

He hates Nakamura’s NJPW music though

Nobody's perfect.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Could Honky Tonk Man actually work? I dont think I've seen a single one of his matches other than the Warrior squash, and definitely not his Stampede and Memphis stuff

He's a capable brawler. Or was. Like most southern/Memphis guys, he throws excellent worked punches, and sells well but his moveset's not terribly inspired.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Roman Reigns