Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Daredevil!

I really dug Man Without Fear and was actually sad that it was just a placeholder mini (so, great job making that not just readable, but really gripping, Vulpes), I knew Zdarsky was going to write a good book, but I was not prepared for how intense it actually was. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!

radlum posted:

I was gonna post something about Champions 2 and turns the letterer for the issue is a goon! This is amazing; your work is greatly appreciated. We are pretty lucky in this thread!

Thank you!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
By the way MoS, while it's off-topic for this thread, you (and everyone else involved in the book holy poo poo) are killing it on Die

that is all

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

By the way MoS, while it's off-topic for this thread, you (and everyone else involved in the book holy poo poo) are killing it on Die

that is all

Die is amazing and everyone should be reading it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Stephanie Hans' art is so loving good

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

There is nothing about DIE thus far that I do not love unreservedly. I need to get physical copies of the issues, digital does not cut it for this.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

There is nothing about DIE thus far that I do not love unreservedly. I need to get physical copies of the issues, digital does not cut it for this.

I'll be grabbing the trade and hopefully double diping for the hardcover. Does Image do hardcovers? Anxiously awaiting the rpg

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Soonmot posted:

I'll be grabbing the trade and hopefully double diping for the hardcover. Does Image do hardcovers? Anxiously awaiting the rpg

Yes! And everything Gillen & McKelvie have done for Image so far has gotten a hardcover release, so fingers crossed!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Iron Man is now a co-written series.
https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1093668452412346368

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Metalshark posted:

Olortegui is killing it so I hope he doesn't disappear after an arc! Some of his Gabby expressions are priceless, and he also makes Laura look imposing in her own way, without resorting to any "Logan-style" imagery.

Really enjoying this arc too, even more so than the excellent first X-23 arc.

This series gets posted a fair bit, what's the name of the book with X23 and Gabby? Where should I start with it?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

A Sometimes Food posted:

This series gets posted a fair bit, what's the name of the book with X23 and Gabby? Where should I start with it?

The current one is just titled X-23. It's a continuation of the previous All-New Wolverine, also written by Tom Taylor.

It's all great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

One of the writers is still Slott so it's still a hard pass for me.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You say that now. But in a year's time, we are all going to be posting the Ironman version of the "...It's You!" Panels from this series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cool.

Now give him a cowriter on F4 and slowly push him off the book.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Cool.

Now give him a cowriter on F4 and slowly push him off the book.

Give it to Ewing, he's basically perfect at doing awesome cosmic stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's what I wanted to begin with.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

A Sometimes Food posted:

All-New Wolverine (2015) -> X-Men Red -> X-23

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
y'all

immortal hulk

it's Really Good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Since it came up yesterday and I had it on my mind I spent the day rereading all new wolverine and that book was so good :cry:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

site posted:

Since it came up yesterday and I had it on my mind I spent the day rereading all new wolverine and that book was so good :cry:

I'm re-reading Target X and it still rules. Laura's first day of school is so amazing. :allears:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Yo just a head's up, the Marvel Digital Original Daughters of the Dragon series I wrote is out in print for the first time Wednesday. If you didn't read the digital issues, give the print collection a try!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I picked up Age of X-Man Alpha and #1 when picking up a box today at a comic shop. It seemed pretty fun. Always love alt time line stuff. Anyone else reading it?

Also, Immortal Hulk continues to be amazing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's discussion in the X-thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816902&pagenumber=67#lastpost

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The little mini-comic at the end of DD 1 was more interesting than anything in the issue. Daredevil is a banner hero now because of Netflix but good gravy does he need a fresh take or direction and fast.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gail Simone is writing Iron Man for two issues during War of the Realms.
https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-war-of-the-realms-gail-simone-interview/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Gail Simone is writing Iron Man for two issues during War of the Realms.
https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-war-of-the-realms-gail-simone-interview/

The cover sure is a hell if a thing.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1095086534154309632?s=19

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, I see they're going with the 'can you picture this image airbrushed on the side of a van' metric.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean, the cover's cool but tbh i cant say simone on iron man is getting my attention

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I started reading her Red Sonya, and the first arc at least is pretty :black101: so I'm down for it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

We should have a “Comic you bought because of the cover. Was it good?” thread. I’m willing to give Gail Simone Iron Man a shot because of that cover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/Lozifer/status/1095320567371190272

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
If I was trying to follow the story of Father that kind of gets set up but unresolved in Remender's X-force where would I look next?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I remember the threads pick up in Remender's stint on Secret Avengers.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Finally got a chance to read last week's Immortal Hulk and all of Absorbing Man's recent appearances make me wish he had his own series.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1095498991381426176

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Now I got the song in my head

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's a compelling argument

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thank you G Willow Wilson, and Sana Amanat, for five years of Ms Marvel. We'll miss you :patriot:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i vaguely remember someone asking about doc samson before and he is apparently alive and kicking again cuz he's in winter soldier today

also todays usg was a fun one shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Anyone else finding Bachalo's work hard to follow these days? I'm really not a fan of his crappy blur filter on photos for backgrounds change either. His recent Spidey issues have been poor IMO, though the Emma Frost one-shot was better.

I'm not against artists evolving their style at all but he has gone backwards in my view since he was working with Bendis, primarily in terms of readability. It's a shame because I loved his Gen X style and he's still doing solid work in my ongoing X-Men readthrough where I'm at his Carey X-Men run but his current output is messy.