Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I mained Stryker in 9, mainly because I played in a few casual local scenes and that roll that went under most projectiles trolled the poo poo out of people who thought their casual Scorpion main was hot poo poo

this is why I mained Jax in 9, because everyone played loving Kung Lao and constantly did teleport -> hat throw so I would just bait the teleport and air grab them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

DLC Inc posted:

yeah I hope MK11 lasts for a longer time given how the dev cycle for this was a bit longer than usual. I

It was in fact the same as MKX's - 4 years.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Playing against MK9 kabal most characters are gonna feel slow and bad lol.

I genuinely forgot how bad the B and C tiers suffer against S and high A tiers in that game since those characters fell into obscurity within weeks of the game coming out. I usually play Smoke and Cage, dealing with Kabal is still no walk in the park but at least they have means of fighting him with Smoke shutting down gas blasts and having amazing down pokes and Cage not letting Kabal get a wakeup once he's in. Stryker vs Kabal is an exercise in feeling like you're drowning

It's too bad Sub Zero generally dominates mid/low tier only tournaments and turns it into a snooze fest because I realized I don't actually know what half the cast of that game plays like

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Low tier play in MK9 was pretty fun imo but it was a pretty steep climb trying to win consistently with Cyber Sub/Stryker. I ended up switching to Sonya but I never felt completely toothless before then (my local friend who mained Jade sure did though.)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Cyber Sub is a really neat idea, and I'm a little sad that instead of expanding on that they re-humaned him. It could've been neat having Frost take on his traditional loadout to fit the intergenerational theme of MKX, with Cyber-Sub having variants that echoed Cyrax and Sektor.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Bee posted:

Cyber Sub is a really neat idea, and I'm a little sad that instead of expanding on that they re-humaned him. It could've been neat having Frost take on his traditional loadout to fit the intergenerational theme of MKX, with Cyber-Sub having variants that echoed Cyrax and Sektor.

Triborg?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Don't mind if I do!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Basically Triborg but with the Sub-Zero brand front and center, maybe ice effects on the specials for all variants, and a story role. And Frost getting to do anything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Steam Database poo poo might be leaking due to some API names coming out.

Names found are:

KUN
CAS
JAD
FRO
KOT
JAC
LIU
TER
CET
KOL

So that's....Kung Lao, Cassie, Jade, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Liu Kang....and TER/CET/KOL.

Terminator?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DLC Inc posted:

It is 100% Ed Boon's style to deliberately use codenames in the database just to thwart stuff exactly like this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wanderer posted:

It is 100% Ed Boon's style to deliberately use codenames in the database just to thwart stuff exactly like this.

I have no idea if this is a thing though NRS is kind of sloppy with leaking stuff i.e. the shadows of DLC characters were very obvious for Injustice 2 and Erron Black is pretty much confirmed due to the Steam Achievements wording.

A lot of the Steam Achievement leaks are coming in and they are pretty much the same thing as the ERR thing so unless they found a way to gently caress with that stuff I think this is real.

also one of those achievements is "TROPHY_ID_DEFEAT_OPPONENT_WHILE_DVORAH_BUG" and now I hope D'vorah can turn into a tiny bug

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 8, 2019

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

TER is obviously Terry Crews. He's not playing Jax, just himself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HMS Beagle posted:

This actually has a non-zero chance of happening.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I have no idea if this is a thing though NRS is kind of sloppy with leaking stuff i.e. the shadows of DLC characters were very obvious for Injustice 2 and Erron Black is pretty much confirmed due to the Steam Achievements wording.
NRS likes using codenames for unfinished DLC stuff because they know dataminers will find them and they like to screw with them. For example, the filenames for the Injustice 2 Season 3 characters pre-announcement referenced Scooby, Shaggy, Alma from FEAR, and two Shadow of Mordor characters.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Kins posted:

NRS likes using codenames for unfinished DLC stuff because they know dataminers will find them and they like to screw with them. For example, the filenames for the Injustice 2 Season 3 characters pre-announcement referenced Scooby, Shaggy, Alma from FEAR, and two Shadow of Mordor characters.

Paxton Fettel from FEAR would make a great substitute telekinetic character for Ermac.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HMS Beagle posted:

Street Fighter introduces G and Mortal Kombat immediately outdoes them with President Camacho.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

DLC Inc posted:

Names found are:

KUN
CAS
JAD
FRO
KOT
JAC
LIU
TER
CET
KOL

So that's....Kung Lao, Cassie, Jade, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Liu Kang....and TER/CET/KOL.

Terminator?

Based on this leak the current roster is:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Sonya
Geras
Skarlet
Baraka
Kabal
Kano
Dvorah
Liu Kang

Kung Lao
Cassie Cage
Jade
Frost
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Jacqui Briggs
Ter
Cet
Kol

*Shao Kahn (doesnt count for the 25 man roster)

Then theres some rumors like Kitana being in the game which would leave only 3 nonleaked/revealed characters. So who are the last 3? Am I forgetting someone that got leaked/rumored (Johnny Cage?)

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

HMS Beagle posted:

Here's a fun toy someone posted on reddit.

https://www.deviantart.com/molim/art/MK11-Roster-Creator-784037628

Show me them rosters.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Any idea what the mercy moves in the leak are?

Netherrealm, bring back the friendships

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

How do we know it's Kung Lao and not Kung Jin

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its actually the main character from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

How do we know it's Kung Lao and not Kung Jin

Kung Lao was in cinematics and I would say there's zero chance Kung Jin replaces Kung Lao. If we're doing time travel course correction poo poo there's no way it ain't him

Jerkface posted:

Then theres some rumors like Kitana being in the game which would leave only 3 nonleaked/revealed characters. So who are the last 3? Am I forgetting someone that got leaked/rumored (Johnny Cage?)

Johnny Cage was sighted on some behind the scenes video wherein you see his model on a screen therefore we all assume he's in

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Its actually the main character from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

I implore you to reconsider.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Babe Magnet posted:

I implore you to reconsider.

The fatality is just that chest punch complete with the chest... Gore? Being in one clean piece

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Smoking Crow posted:

The new character they're revealing on Thursday is Nightwolf's sister, Dayfox

Dayfox, ahhhhhhhh enemy of the Nightwolf ahhhhhhhhh. She's a master of karate and friendship.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Dayfox, ahhhhhhhh enemy of the Nightwolf ahhhhhhhhh. She's a master of karate and friendship.

I'll wait for the second cousin, Eclipsedingo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Friends Are Evil posted:

Netherrealm, bring back the friendships

Agreed 100%. If they can cram Babalities into 9, bring back the good stuff.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Suspicious Cook posted:

Agreed 100%. If they can cram Babalities into 9, bring back the good stuff.

MK2 had the perfect amount of finishers. I wish they had just stuck with 2 Fatalities, a Friendship, and a Babality per character.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Spacebump posted:

MK2 had the perfect amount of finishers. I wish they had just stuck with 2 Fatalities, a Friendship, and a Babality per character.

Eh. The idea of an animality is cool, too, it's just that the MK3-era games made them look incredibly dumb even to that age's animation standards.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Has there been any word on whether Brutalities or Faction kills were coming back?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Minidust posted:

Has there been any word on whether Brutalities or Faction kills were coming back?

Brutalities are back, there were a couple seen in the reveal event build. No word on Faction Kills, but they haven't mentioned anything about the Faction system returning, so it doesn't seem likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiAlsniaYA

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TER is TERRIBLE TERRY TATE: KOMBAT LINEBACKER

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

CET is Cetacea. We're finally getting a Whale Girl.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

HMS Beagle posted:

Brutalities are back, there were a couple seen in the reveal event build. No word on Faction Kills, but they haven't mentioned anything about the Faction system returning, so it doesn't seem likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiAlsniaYA

MKX's & now Mk11's brutalities are awesome. I think 2 fatalities, brutalities (which are basically equivalent to Mk1/Mk2/Mk3 fatalities), and then adding in maybe 1 or 2 oddball finisher types would be ideal.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

TER is TERRIBLE TERRY TATE: KOMBAT LINEBACKER

Office Linebaraka, surely

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

Based on this leak the current roster is:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Sonya
Geras
Skarlet
Baraka
Kabal
Kano
Dvorah
Liu Kang

Kung Lao
Cassie Cage
Jade
Frost
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Jacqui Briggs
Ter
Cet
Kol

*Shao Kahn (doesnt count for the 25 man roster)

How in the world would Jade get in before Kitana? I guess she and Johnny Cage could be part of the story but non-playable.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

RatHat posted:

How in the world would Jade get in before Kitana? I guess she and Johnny Cage could be part of the story but non-playable.

This is just the steamDB scrape of the (incomplete)achievements that gives that roster. It doesn't mean Kitana isn't in, in fact she's all but a lock as we have already seen her in-game model with the whole new look.

Assuming Johnny and Kitana are locks with everything else shown, there is still wiggle room for 2 characters left on the roster.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

This is just the steamDB scrape of the (incomplete)achievements that gives that roster. It doesn't mean Kitana isn't in, in fact she's all but a lock as we have already seen her in-game model with the whole new look.

Assuming Johnny and Kitana are locks with everything else shown, there is still wiggle room for 2 characters left on the roster.

There's also this, where Cassie is addressing Kitana. Based on the framing, it looks a lot like a fight intro. Could be from story mode though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRF6MA5Nlzk&t=70s

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HMS Beagle posted:

There's also this, where Cassie is addressing Kitana. Based on the framing, it looks a lot like a fight intro. Could be from story mode though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRF6MA5Nlzk&t=70s

peep Johnny Cage at 2:47 as well

Though better version is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rX9iTSwPZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope that's just a placeholder voice for Cassie because Ashly Burch killed it last game.