Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mean, the what if of whether or not she would have done it to anybody is pretty irrelevant because the fact is that it was a trans woman she decided to ignore, and the topic was about about going on a show run by a nazi.

Honestly that's middle school levels of "I can't be a bigot, I hate everybody equally!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
repost since it was last post on the previous page

Roth posted:

I don't watch anything she shows up in, but thanks for reducing my discomfort, as a trans woman, with somebody who doubled down on going on a show with a nazi and talked over a trans woman being uncomfortable with it down to being a weirdo.

Do you also get bothered by people not wanting to watch Woody Allen movies because he's a creep?

A. I never called you a weirdo
B. I said it was completely fair to not want to watch someone because you don't like them
C. Of course you are allowed to be bothered by woody allen and not watch him because he is a creep

I never said anything about whether or not you have a right to be uncomfortable.

My point was, to take the Woody Allen metaphor, that it seems strange to go "I refuse to watch Woody Allen movies until he apologizes for his past behavior" instead of "I don't watch him because he molested his step daughter"

EDIT: Like overall, the debate about whether she is a good person or just misguided or whatever seems pointless.

If she makes you uncomfortable, offends you, or pisses you off, that's all the justification you need to not watch. I don't need to explore the character of JonTron to determine where his racism comes from. He's a racist and gently caress him, I am not watching him because he's a racist. You don't need to explore Paige's soul and character to justify being like "I don't want to watch stuff she is in." There seems to be a lot of people trying to justify watching her or not watching her and you don't need to justify what you choose to watch online to others

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 7, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

repost since it was last post on the previous page

A. I never called you a weirdo
B. I said it was completely fair to not want to watch someone because you don't like them
C. Of course you are allowed to be bothered by woody allen and not watch him because he is a creep

I never said anything about whether or not you have a right to be uncomfortable.

My point was, to take the Woody Allen metaphor, that it seems strange to go "I refuse to watch Woody Allen movies until he apologizes for his past behavior" instead of "I don't watch him because he molested his step daughter"

There is nothing at all strange about refusing to consume somebody's content unless they apologize for their past behavior and strive to improve. The fact that you consider that to be making it a personal relationship as if I want an apology to me personally, instead of a statement that they acknowledge what they did was wrong is why I think you're calling me a weirdo, albeit indirectly. Forgive me for not giving a charitable read of a post that consisted of "Don't like, don't watch" as if I couldn't have possibly figured that out on my own.

If they don't, then whatever, just another dumb centrist I'm not paying attention to. If they do, then cool, I'm glad she acknowledges her mistakes and shows that she is someone that I wouldn't mind paying attention to. I want people to not be nazis or go up to bat for nazis because these are the kinds of people that want me dead. If that's making things into a personal relationship to you, then cool, I'll happily make a personal relationship with every single person on the planet if that's the case.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MaxDuo posted:

Everyone on here seems to hate Plague being on Woolie's podcast. I don't mind it. I generally just like hearing Plague talk though, even if he seems to be missing Woolie's point. At the same time Woolie Will Figure it Out episodes 1 and 3 just kind of seemed to be Woolie and Josh talking about how their idea was the best thing ever (and seeming to not actually let it go) while Plague just kind of tried to criticize it somewhat. I sort of felt like their game idea wasn't that interesting (just for how it worked, not for the idea of what it was). Their manga I liked a bit more.

Plague is quite a character. It’s known that he plays it up for the camera, of course he’s very self-centered and self-assured. This is because of his isolation of living in Kentucky. He can come off as abrasive and obtuse not to mention powerfully stubborn, but that’s just him being honest and living as the best version of himself. When people are honest about who they are that’s when you can take them at their word. They have no agendas or illusions they’re pushing. They’re a real sovereign soul. It’s clear that’s why woolie picked him for the podcast. Plague won’t sugarcoat his criticism and that’s a valuable aspect when writing. It’s just added funny because plague is also an isolated sad person who doesn’t know how sex works. All in all plague is epic.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

beep by grandpa posted:

*who sometimes talks to people I don't like

Who goes and plays chat buddy with neo-nazis who want people like me exterminated and then calls transpeople bothered by this concern trolls*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why does she have to apologize?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly she does not have anything to apologize for.

Going to bat for people who implicitly support the murder of minorities even once is fuckin w r o n g believe it or not.

Roth posted:

I don't think Paige is an irredeemable monster or anything, but the fact that her first response was to talk over a trans woman voicing her concern to her is very concerning to me. The lack of any kind of acknowledgement about it as far as I'm aware, just signals to me that she's not somebody I should support, but I guess that's too hot of a take to give in the midst of people talking about supporting Paige or not. Better save the meltdowns for serious topics like somebody not liking tank controls.

Yep, it's just us dumb transpeople overreacting to a totally minor thing, the likes of which definitely hasn't allowed violent bigots to spread their poo poo and get more people like us hurt recently, don't you know.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 7, 2019

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

fart gas this thread

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Warbird posted:

fart gas this thread

Yeah I dont want to continue the derail but I do wish people would quit accusing me of not thinking nazis are bad because I think you dont need to justify not watching someone

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Warbird posted:

fart gas this thread

Nah, it's just one poster making lovely arguments.

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

All in all plague is epic.

Are... are you Plague?

Seriously though, I'm glad you like him. I don't think him being isolated in Kentucky has given him zen-like clarity or makes him a "sovereign soul" or anything. It just makes it easier to get your head up your own rear end because no one is there to call you on your bullshit, and people online don't count because they can be ignored (just turn off your monitor).

I don't think Plague is a bad artist or anything, because he draws wolf and clown ladies really well. I just can't stand to hear him critique other people's ideas because he's way too far up his own rear end and other people enable that.

What WOULD be cool is if Woolie could nab actual game designers/comic storyboard writers/someone in relevant field when going over those ideas. It wouldn't even need to be anyone big name, just someone who has actually worked in the fields the projects were related to, rather than someone who seems like they're not really listening and has no experience in that field. I'm sure Woolie has enough clout to find SOMEONE who would work.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'm just waiting for the day that plague accepts he's a furry.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nalesh posted:

I dunno if waiting until the heat death of the universe is a good idea.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Nalesh posted:

The fact that he referenced /trash/ says it all.

hey if you dont know what that is do yourself a favor and never look it up

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

I dunno if waiting until the heat death of the universe is a good idea.

It's nice to have goals.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie invite Scott Benson to your podcast to talk about creative processes and unions and then become woke.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm kinda digging the podcast a bit more lately, way more personal canadian tangents are great. Telephonic monopolies are super loving interesting; as a dude that's lived in the mexican-usa border my whole life and hung out on both sides, I always love seeing the more 'practical' cultural differences unfold.

Though that's probably gonna be nothing compared to hearing Woolie react to Titanfall 3 dying live on stream.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm kinda digging the podcast a bit more lately, way more personal canadian tangents are great. Telephonic monopolies are super loving interesting; as a dude that's lived in the mexican-usa border my whole life and hung out on both sides, I always love seeing the more 'practical' cultural differences unfold.

Though that's probably gonna be nothing compared to hearing Woolie react to Titanfall 3 dying live on stream.
Speaking of Which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIczdnGUxI

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I really like Woolie's streams the most, he's doing a really good job.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is it still a clip if it's over an hour long?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Warbird posted:

Is it still a clip if it's over an hour long?

Yeah, why not just upload the entire podcast at that point?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Well it's isolating a single topic, which is the entire point irregardlessly'st've of its length. What's the problem?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

apparently Apex is kind of good and popular and imagine if it actually ends up outperforming Titanfall lol

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They got 10 million players in the first 72 hours, so whilst I totally sympathize with Woolie's pain, lol get buried woolie

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

apparently Apex is kind of good and popular and imagine if it actually ends up outperforming Titanfall lol

It probably already did

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean just lol if you think Respawn will ever be able to do anything relsted to Titanfall 3 again either way, theynare now chained to Apex until EA guts them for better or worse,. I've seen a ton of people ignore the fact that this is EA just milking another dev to death after they purposefully buried Titanfall 2. Whether or not Apex keeps those players is a question for another time but it might be the lucky third BR game that can actually sustain itself in this market.

Also this was clearly an actual in development Titanfall 3 getting gutted because EA needs that infinite Battle Royale money well

Reminder that games as service literally only benefits the corporation, and even then only on the executive level.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

easy there soapbox we are just laughing at how owned woolie got

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sorry that I'm relatively frustrated about another dev getting ruthlessly chewed up in the hellpit that is the games industry and I refuse to let people forget that said industry is garbage.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA games are dumb and bad and devs should unionize

although imho if you make shooters, especially multiplayer shooters, you deserve to have your company be exploited by EA because you are already artistically bankrupt and lame

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i mean titanfall 2 was easily one of the more fun shooters out there and decrying an entire genre because you dont like it is dumb and lame, especially when the game got intenrionally buried by being released the week before said company that bought them's Literal Giant Stupid Actually Bland cookie-cutter shooter

but go off i guess

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shooters are cool and good actually

Kirby games and Doom are the only good video games

Roth fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 8, 2019

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

although imho if you make shooters, especially multiplayer shooters, you deserve to have your company be exploited by EA because you are already artistically bankrupt and lame

you really love victim blaming, huh?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Shut the gently caress up Mel

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Shut the gently caress up Mel

I'm just saying, you dont see a creative rpg developer like Bioware being forced to make a games-as-a-service shooter for EA.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

creative rpg developer like Bioware

lol

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm just saying, you dont see a creative rpg developer like Bioware being forced to make a games-as-a-service shooter for EA.

Is it me; am I the dummy for missing the joke? Because this is literally happening right now.

e: gently caress i got exposed

Emalde fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 8, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Emalde posted:

Is it me; am I the dummy for missing the joke? Because this is literally happening right now.

I think you are. Sorry.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Emalde posted:

At least you recognized an obvious joke when you saw it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1093936720595308544

(check the comments)

But yeah, the whole segment was fun, but boy were their predictions on Apex's performance wrong (for now)
And, y'know, EA's management of Respawn is terrible poo poo, even if Respawn is seeing success right now.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 8, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
1. Respawn is now the Apex company

2. If Apex doesn't manage to keep it's current player numbers then Respawn will be dead before the end of the year.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, I can understand being tentative on Yet Another BR Game, especially when its announcement came outta nowhere and it led with "Titanfall But Without Titans", but Apex Legends is actually a pretty polished F2P option in the genre, so the bandwagoning move worked for once.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I finally listened to this clip at work today and holy poo poo it is a definite must listen. Seeing and hearing Woolie's heart turn into dust in real-time was loving amazing lmao. Best part was Pat telling him that it came 2 hours prior, ending Woolie's boycott plan before it even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I finally listened to this clip at work today and holy poo poo it is a definite must listen. Seeing and hearing Woolie's heart turn into dust in real-time was loving amazing lmao. Best part was Pat telling him that it came 2 hours prior, ending Woolie's boycott plan before it even started.

I love how Pat starts laughing he was right as Woolie is dying