Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
If you join the LLJK community (not the clan) you will probably be able to find someone to power level you to 70 in about 10 minutes, and even if you prefer not to do that you'll still hit 70 much faster than in the campaign.

weird Asian candy posted:

Ok thanks, what happens at the end of the season? Wipe?

Your seasonal characters become non-seasonal characters and you can keep going with all their gear and paragon levels. Their paragon XP is also applied to your other non-seasonal characters, if you have any. At the start of the next season, you can reset an existing character to be seasonal, and all the stuff they're wearing gets mailed to you to stash in your non-seasonal stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Awesome, thanks guys! Appreciate it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Awesome, thanks guys! Appreciate it.

What may be helpful for you, for questions that may arise later on:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/seasons

D3's big fat FAQ on all things seasonal, and,

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/seasons#end-of-a-season

Their end-of-season blurb, which other folks have well covered here.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

5er posted:

What may be helpful for you, for questions that may arise later on:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/seasons

D3's big fat FAQ on all things seasonal, and,

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/seasons#end-of-a-season

Their end-of-season blurb, which other folks have well covered here.

Appreciate the links. I swear I tried googling and reading around and I think I just got myself more confused :v:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Seriously, just hang out in the LLJK community (US-PC) and just ask away whenever you need to.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
You should play season. Much more active than non season and you'll be able to find groups to play with easier.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

You guys are awesome, ty so much!

Yeah I left long before seasons even existed so when I logged in and saw my (forgotten) lvl 60 barb and act 5 I was like well gently caress it I might as well beat it. Now that I did, I was doing rifts and bounties with him but knew about the seasonal characters but wasn't 100% on how they worked (obviously).

Almost sounds like regular campaign characters are pointless now? Just roll a new guy every season and profit...

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Characters are basically disposable now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I finally get my Zun set and make my Gargantuan WD only to find that I'm apparently dying to a single hit from virtually everything in Torment XIII.

I should probably run this thing at lower difficulties.

Also I should just make a Monk instead.

Do you have this build? I’ve been playing hell chicken garg and it’s not quite where I need it to be.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Khorne posted:

I have two choices before me and very limited playtime this season.

(1) Play DH or barb
(2) Use my 5 level 100 gems to augment my vyr manald wiz further

You gotta play impale DH at least once. It's so drat tanky, easy to gear for and you'll save a bunch of mats with the easy weapon upgrade. The play style doesn't really change so if you don't like sniping elites you can always focus on the Barb or try for the nats+marauder build.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
WD got a multishot/bell monk style aoe build?

e:found some "liquid rainbow" for the first time

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 7, 2019

5er
Jun 1, 2000

You guys are awesome, ty so much!

Yeah I left long before seasons even existed so when I logged in and saw my (forgotten) lvl 60 barb and act 5 I was like well gently caress it I might as well beat it. Now that I did, I was doing rifts and bounties with him but knew about the seasonal characters but wasn't 100% on how they worked (obviously).

Almost sounds like regular campaign characters are pointless now? Just roll a new guy every season and profit...

I don't think I've completed a campaign run since early 2015.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

can you not socket weapons before a certain level?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Rinkles posted:

can you not socket weapons before a certain level?

I want to say sockets start being available on items at level 15, but I may be wrong

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Potassium Problems posted:

I want to say sockets start being available on items at level 15, but I may be wrong

yup. have both level 14 and 15 weapons, only the latter can get a socket

5er
Jun 1, 2000

For any of you that have watched "The IT Crowd" - male wizard is essentially Douglas Reynholm. You're welcome, now you will never hear it otherwise again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snacksmaniac posted:

Do you have this build? I’ve been playing hell chicken garg and it’s not quite where I need it to be.

I just based it off this build.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-zunimassa-gargantuan-build-patch-2-6-4-season-16

Went with the speedfarming approach though, and I don't have the bracers.

Probably why I'm dying so easily.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

5er posted:

For any of you that have watched "The IT Crowd" - male wizard is essentially Douglas Reynholm. You're welcome, now you will never hear it otherwise again.

This may be true, but the female wizard is Azula which clearly makes her the superior choice.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Imagine if Invoker worked with every thorns item in the game. Like Hack and sanguine bracers etc.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Imagine if Fist of the Heavens was a playable build.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I actually played a shotgun build for a while this season and it was okish, not really great tough.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tahirovic posted:

I actually played a shotgun build for a while this season and it was okish, not really great tough.

I miss that build :smith:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Each class has a few skills that are basically never used, I'd like to see a new set for each class that fills the holes but we all know that's never happening.

Monk: Tempest Rush, LTK could use a damage buff so it's on par with bells, Dashing Strike could use some support for a Ten Storms build that's not just generator
Demon Hunter: Spike Trap
Crusader: Fist of Heavens, Phalanx, Shield Bash could use a buff so it's on par with Shield Throw
Barb: Weapon Throw
Wizard: Ray of Frost, Wave of Force, Explosive Blast could use a buff, Mirror Image
Witch Doctor: Like half of their attack abilities are never used
Necro: Same as WD

So I guess Monk and DH are probably the most well designed abilities/sets.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 8, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have all the pieces for some gimmick LoN Spike Trap build where you channel Strafe and drop traps for mega-damage, I'll give that a try sometime.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Page late but does anyone have a lazy GR70 WD build? Jade is too many buttons for my engagement level, haha.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Helltooth Garg is the laziest build for WD.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Got it, kind of what I figured but I was wondering if it was possible to do even more with the pets.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

Helltooth Garg is the laziest build for WD.

It can be boring too, just waiting for poo poo to happen.

Still though. I really despise my decision to start Wizard this season. I really should've read how the class played. I haven't had a god drat zodiac ring drop yet, and I've done everything I can to help CDR out otherwise, waiting for archon to refresh is the worst, and the main reason I can't push my difficulty past T8 right now. I haven't gotten sufficient other poo poo to just abandon the gear either. When archon is up, it absolutely wrecks poo poo like it's supposed to, but gently caress everything for the minute or so until it refreshes again.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just get Nilfur's, Etched Sigil, and 2 pieces of Tal and go wreck poo poo. Maybe upgraded some staves until you get the meteor staff.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Wiz doesn't have a playstyle that clicks with me, which is a bummer because it's what I played 98% of the time in vanilla when perma-archon was one of the two viable specs. (Critical mass was the other one)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can still play perma-Archon in Diablo 3 to this very day.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

why doesn't the arachyr toad of hugeness buff come with a visible timer? i have a lot of CDR so i can't use the hex icon to keep track of the time.

i don't like a lot of WD skills, but spirit walk is great

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

What is the 'best' way to do Sunwuko + Sage build? It either loses the Tzo Krin's Gaze or the Pinto's Pride (if using the Nemesis Bracers), neither of which seem that do-able to me. The build I saw even lost Kyoshiro's Blade for In-geom. Losing the damage boost from Pinto's Pride alone seemed too steep for me, I couldn't imagine losing the weapon too. Is it just a different playstyle than dropping bells from a screen away?

I end up using Tzo Krin's Gaze in the cube, wearing Pinto's Pride and Kyoshiro's Blade (and the belt for that matter, I have also seen Goldwrap+Boon+Avarice for this?) and I'm able to clear a T13 rift in 5 or so minutes. I'm just wondering if I could be doing better. Or if getting all ancient/better rolls on the rest would make up the damage difference from those items?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Post your build. There is something in your build that isn't working right. You should be able to do everything you are doing in a t13 rift without issue.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

This is what I tried: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/102331-t13-sunwuko-speed except I didn't have In-geom last I tried that exact build. The one I use (which works) uses Unity instead of Avarice band, Pinto's Pride instead of Nemesis Bracers, and Kyoshiro's Blade instead of In-geom.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So, anyone going to buy the new D3 art book?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22882128?blzcmp=app

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'll just throw some dyes on the RMAH to pay for it...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The Diablo manual's art was cool as poo poo when I was 11. Not so sure about it now ...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

any build use this? sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's for speed farming.