Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retro Futurist posted:

Are they, because the only thing I've seen from that book so far is Darkseid Weinsteining Granny Goodness so I'm less than interested in that book so far.

I liked it but it's definitely about how poo poo men are if you're not into that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m fine with that, less fine with using rape as a writing tool to show how bad a man is. Especially when it’s as out of character as it is with Darkseid

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fair, I guess I'm more willing to accept that than i normally would be since a woman is writing so it didn't register as the same kind of shock value as it normally it's in comics and I have no attachments to darkseid whatsoever, or maybe rather that I've read almost 0 books featuring him before

In other news apparently someone did a thing today

https://twitter.com/laura_hudson/status/1093986872034963456?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A goon ate a comic once.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Here's the dude who ate the comic.

https://twitter.com/RealBebub/status/1093693275490435073

His "art" is slightly better than the Sigil Comics guys.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1093993324443250688?s=20

:allears:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lmao

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope that guy ate the staples too.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dickie's lawyer would be pissed if he wasn't taking all of his money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd wondered why Ethan suddenly cared about a woman's comic, but I did not realize she was the Proud Girl of the Proud Boys.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kieran getting milkshake ducked?

https://twitter.com/MarkOStack/status/1094024316474273792

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's been an unfortunate issue with Kieran before. I have a friend who's still waiting for some of his Patreon rewards from a couple years back, and I'm still waiting for the episode of Journey into Misery that I requested to go up.

I like the guy and his work but I can't pretend that he's good at things like meeting deadlines or fulfilling backer rewards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ta_Shepard/status/1094035942866710528

Goddamit, Kieran.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

mallratcal posted:

Here's the dude who ate the comic.

https://twitter.com/RealBebub/status/1093693275490435073

IUG posted:

I hope that guy ate the staples too.

Tearing open my Pharynx to own the libs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mallratcal posted:

"Better than Gail Simone!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's a lot of people in comics circles kieran is no longer friends with for undisclosed reasons

a pattern sort of starts to form after a while!

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
All you need is a dream and a name that's one character different from a vastly better creator.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

A goon ate a comic once.

I used to buy so many comics because it was the only thing I could afford to eat.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thranguy posted:

All you need is a dream and a name that's one character different from a vastly better creator.

Admittedly when I saw the thing here for a second I was very worried about Gillen.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dawgstar posted:

Admittedly when I saw the thing here for a second I was very worried about Gillen.

He's talking about Matt Wenger vs. Matt Wagner, unless :thejoke:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Admiralty Flag posted:

He's talking about Matt Wenger vs. Matt Wagner, unless :thejoke:

Kieran Schiach vs Kieron Gillen

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i knew something was off about kieran schiach when he said Deathlok Prime was the most interesting Deathlok

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/status/1094085061899706368

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
^^^^^
:argh:
It looks like the public shaming (hopefully) worked:
https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/status/1094085061899706368

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
I was sure that there was some twitter post a little while ago that he mentioned how bad he was a the Kickstarter and how his anxiety made him deal with it poorly. But it made it sound like he was rectifying it.

I guess my reading comprehension was trash then.

Blockhouse posted:

there's a lot of people in comics circles kieran is no longer friends with for undisclosed reasons

a pattern sort of starts to form after a while!

I'm curious, which ones?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ComicGate's 'legal expert.'

Why do I get the impression of Lionel Hutz ripping the Bar insignia off his business card and eating it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean the ACLU sued to let the Charlottesville Nazi rally happen that ended in the death of Heather Heyer, there's no shortage of free speech absolutist dipshit lawyers

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I imagine CG is having a field day with this. gently caress him

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Barry Convex posted:

I imagine CG is having a field day with this. gently caress him

At least he's admitting it's his fault and (supposedly) working to fix it. If I was an artist I wouldn't work with him unless I was being paid in advance, but if he actually follows through on his most recent promises it's still better than whatever that comicsgate book that keeps "having issues with the printer."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

site posted:

I mean the ACLU sued to let the Charlottesville Nazi rally happen that ended in the death of Heather Heyer, there's no shortage of free speech absolutist dipshit lawyers

Hasn't there been like a major backlash against the ACLU now because of this support for all causes?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

At least he's admitting it's his fault and (supposedly) working to fix it. If I was an artist I wouldn't work with him unless I was being paid in advance, but if he actually follows through on his most recent promises it's still better than whatever that comicsgate book that keeps "having issues with the printer."

Oh, it's all of them. Well, maybe not EVS because he just doesn't work on it, but Dickie and Miller have both cited 'print file problems' because they don't believe in representation in comics OR Google Documents.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

Hasn't there been like a major backlash against the ACLU now because of this support for all causes?

Yes and they have reexamined their policies and recognized that free speech is actually bad when it espouses hurting others.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Agent_grey posted:

I'm curious, which ones?

How many of the old Comicsalliance folks follow Kieran on twitter or interact with him in any way, or did so and then suddenly stopped around 2016?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

Yes and they have reexamined their policies and recognized that free speech is actually bad when it espouses hurting others.

I know a bunch of the then local ACLU employees quit after they realized what they were culpable in doing, but I don't remember hearing that the organization itself decided to stop repping Nazis. That's good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I know a bunch of the then local ACLU employees quit after they realized what they were culpable in doing, but I don't remember hearing that the organization itself decided to stop repping Nazis. That's good

Hm I looked it up and what they actually did was say they wouldn’t support protests where people bring guns. Not quite the same.

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

Blockhouse posted:

How many of the old Comicsalliance folks follow Kieran on twitter or interact with him in any way, or did so and then suddenly stopped around 2016?

I wasn't sure cause there's not many I followed outside of him, Chris Sims and Matt D Wilson but that was mostly because of War rocket AJAX podcast to compare who has parted ways. Looks like Sims did. I recalled him mentioning a podcast starting with Elle Collins which seemed to have finished quite soon, but podcasts do tend to fizzle out quick sometimes.

It's a shame because I thought they had resolved this after the initial calling out, disappointing it wasn't.
I hope he's true to his word now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sims mostly does podcasts and articles for stuff like Looper these days, along with a little bit of comic writing alongside Chad Bowers.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Didn't Sims have his own milkshake duck moment some years ago?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn't Sims have his own milkshake duck moment some years ago?
Kinda yeah. He had been lovely to a female writer a long time ago, apologized sincerely and everyone moved on since it was largely because she was not actually a good person and there were some other things going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Kinda yeah. He had been lovely to a female writer a long time ago, apologized sincerely and everyone moved on since it was largely because she was not actually a good person and there were some other things going on.

What came out about D'Orazio?