Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

Sure, hit me up.

PM/DM uPlay name. I have another left now because N4I doesn't want his. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I grabbed the Prototype bundle a couple of days ago (it included Prototype 2 and some other stuff), because I recall enjoying it a whole drat lot back in the day, but neither it, nor the sequel run stable on my PC. Even the average fixes for non-4K-compatible didn't work, so I ended up requesting a refund.

Then I browsed through my games library, looked at a couple of other games I played for fewer than an hour that I didn't really enjoy, and figured I could try to get refunds for those too, even though two of them were purchased over a year ago, so I thought they wouldn't qualify for refunds anymore. Every single one got refunded.
Except I apparently must have selected to refund them to my steam wallet instead of my credit card, so I now have 48 bucks of pending balance in my steam wallet while the rest was confirmed to be refunded to my CC.

Guess I'm gonna grab Subnautica Below Zero and Heat Signature.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Maybe not on release, but I think I’ll be down for Division 2 to play with a friend co-op online, if only for a bit. The first one had obvious issues, but it was still a fun cover shooter

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Guess I'm gonna grab Subnautica Below Zero and Heat Signature.

Both good choices, although I've only played below zero for an hour

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Both good choices, although I've only played below zero for an hour

How "early" does it feel, exactly? Like, bug- / mechanics-wise

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How "early" does it feel, exactly? Like, bug- / mechanics-wise

If you liked Subnautica i'd just play it. Worst case you have it in your library already when the full version comes out?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

It plays way different now. There are more resources than just minerals/food/energy and it can be a real pain to manage it all.

Yeah it's basically micromanagement hell right now since there's no way to automate your planets. I'd wait until the next major patch.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anyone playing BF V? I bought it last week and I"m enjoying it as a mindless shooter. Any of you dudes have any good loadouts for the classes? Feels like I'm getting stomped no matter what I'm playing as.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

Anyone playing BF V? I bought it last week and I"m enjoying it as a mindless shooter. Any of you dudes have any good loadouts for the classes? Feels like I'm getting stomped no matter what I'm playing as.

Loadout doesn’t matter, just figure out which of the main weapon types you’re most comfortable with and you’ll stop getting stomped once you learn the maps.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Fallom posted:

Loadout doesn’t matter, just figure out which of the main weapon types you’re most comfortable with and you’ll stop getting stomped once you learn the maps.

I like being the medic, throwing smoke grenades and reviving dudes. But the medic guns suck rear end.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dude McAwesome posted:

I like being the medic, throwing smoke grenades and reviving dudes. But the medic guns suck rear end.

Except when the medic is using hack and you die in 0.25 seconds to them.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
You should be able to buy guns you missed from ToW now so you should buy the ZK-383. At level four with the right side of the tree selected the gun turns into a pinpoint accurate laser.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

All about the Bren or the semi-auto SMLE thing. That and the panzerfaust.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone else play Endless Space 2? I had a lot of fun playing Endless Legends, Endless Space 2 is pretty cool so far.

I've played a ton of Stellaris but not in the past 6 months or so. So far it pretty much seems like Endless Legends but in space.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dude McAwesome posted:

The Suomi and Thompson are basically the only 2 SMG's worth an ounce of poo poo. Build the Suomi for hipfire+rate of fire and delete people at about 20yds away. The Thompson with the drum mag is decent enough for when the map doesn't really support that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
realized that witcher 3 has ng+ that i never started and my save may or may not still exist

not 100% sure if i want to play it though, since it was such a good experience the first time around i don't want to muddle it, which i realize is a shameful statement to be making about a video game

i didn't play it with any mods the first time

edit: nope, steam cloud showing 0 bytes of saved game data, rip

edit2: Skyrim SE time. I haven't actually put much of any time into it and it's been years since I've played Skyrim. I can only imagine how advanced boob technology has gotten.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 8, 2019

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Hmm new game plus on Witcher 3 might actually get me to play it. I don't want to bother with the grinding, but I liked the story and setting of the previous games.

Edit: wait, dang it, apparently everything scales with you anyways

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Maybe not on release, but I think I’ll be down for Division 2 to play with a friend co-op online, if only for a bit. The first one had obvious issues, but it was still a fun cover shooter

I've only played through the first few missions, but so far it feels pretty much the same. The actual shooting is fun, the characters and general story seem just as useless as Div 1. You can only pick a randomly generated character at the moment, and I swear they ALL look just like these dudes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Rat posted:

Hmm new game plus on Witcher 3 might actually get me to play it. I don't want to bother with the grinding, but I liked the story and setting of the previous games.

Edit: wait, dang it, apparently everything scales with you anyways

Dude Witcher 3 is a goddamn work of art. Play it now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Witcher 3 is legitimately the best game made this decade. It gets very little mechanically wrong and from a storytelling/immersion perspective it's second to none.

I might still end up playing it from scratch if Skyrim doesn't get its hooks in me, which it might not who knows.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I got a couple hours in last year and lost interest, mainly because item world games tend to feel more like grinding work than fun anymore.

But I'll give it another try once I'm done with this career run on Battletech.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Man, some of those witcher questlines will have you up until 4 in the morning just trying to learn what happens next

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's a really lovely loss

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

That's a really lovely loss

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

heads up the tetris effect demo is up for the weekend if you wanna try out my goty 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What's with these Steam Lunar Year tokens, you get them based on how much money you've spent on the platform?

I apparently got 6k, and no idea what to do with them. I guess there's "premium" profile pics, backgrounds and such? I can't find anything outside of optics or vanity stuff, anything worth grabbing that I'm missing?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's nothing actually good that you can get with those tokens, they're just cosmetics.

I installed Skyrim SE, spent maybe 4 hours modding it, then realized on a test run that I just don't have the patience for Skyrim's janky combat and animations anymore. Witcher 3 is installing now, it's been apparently almost three years to the day since my first (and only) playthrough of it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
You can also use them like a gift card to discount items in you cart.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's with these Steam Lunar Year tokens, you get them based on how much money you've spent on the platform?

I apparently got 6k, and no idea what to do with them. I guess there's "premium" profile pics, backgrounds and such? I can't find anything outside of optics or vanity stuff, anything worth grabbing that I'm missing?

It tells you pretty clearly on the Redeem Tokens screen that you can get another $5 off with enough of them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psn flash sale is on, including tetris effect and monster hunter. both of which are cool and good

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh, apex legends is a squad based battle royale

naturally my first game put me in a squad with two screeching teenagers

pass

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mute them and just use the ping system

And if they're really terrible you'll be in your next game within 2 minutes

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh goddamn I guess my Witcher 3 saves are in fact still around, saved on ~the cloud~ somewhere since this is a different computer. Except I don't remember a goddamn thing about this game so I should probably just start over anyway.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m surprised people are publicly using a mic in a game like that

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's squad based mic, not fully open.

I'm rather disappointed that it's 3 person squad BR. I wanted something that wasn't PUBG/Fortnite, not something that's Overwatch lite. I don't think I'm the target audience.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm waiting until I'm out of the Army before playing Witcher 3 again. I've never beaten it but I've gotten pretty close to the end. Still had a ton of side quests to do though and I felt like I had already done a ton of them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Heh, and then wait until blood and wine and then there's a whole other map

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

blood and wine is bigger than most triple A games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The DLC is like 40 hours and better than most of the base game