Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In Training posted:

Did you even look at the axes??

$20 swings matter when you're trading millions of shares at a time. I just glanced at their board of directors and they have a venture capitalist on there with 5 million shares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That dip was days after Apex came out. And the rise was a day later. That poo poo doesn't matter at all!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I'd argue that it's worse, because they still don't view you as a person but it's important for this market demographic so put in a lesbian or two and call it a day.

This is really short sighted and desiring unobtainable purity while also cynically rejecting offhand that they possibly did this becayse they genuinely thought it was right; regardless of why someone gives you validation as important or worthy of inclusion in a non-stereotyped or demeaning way they have dones so and that is always a good thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

This is really short sighted and desiring unobtainable purity while also cynically rejecting offhand that they possibly did this becayse they genuinely thought it was right; regardless of why someone gives you validation as important or worthy of inclusion in a non-stereotyped or demeaning way they have dones so and that is always a good thing.
:yeah:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i was all ready to play video games today on my day off but then I read over one hundred chapters of a manga online instead

I hate compelling stories so much this is why I don't read books anymore unless they have pictures :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Buying a bunch of gay lootboxes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In Training posted:

That dip was days after Apex came out. And the rise was a day later. That poo poo doesn't matter at all!

EA's earning call was at 5:00 PM eastern time on 2/5/2019, after market closed. Stock collapsed after hours, opened significantly lower on 2/6. https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/02/05/electronic-arts-inc-ea-q3-2019-earnings-conference.aspx

EA announced this morning 2/8 that Apex Legends had gained 10 million players in 72 hours, stock jumped up 13%. https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/08/why-electronic-arts-shares-popped-13-today.aspx

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is Ape Leg's monetization method anyway, Fortnite style or something else

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

In Training posted:

Buying a bunch of gay lootboxes

Gay lootboxes are only available during Pride Month, limited editions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is Ape Leg's monetization method anyway, Fortnite style or something else

Pay for mechanics, like all great games

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I keep playing Apex even though I'm not having much fun. It's so easy to queue next match and hope that things will click next time, but I'm just not getting a hang of the gunplay at all. I snuck up behind a guy and unloaded a whole clip at him and didn't do any damage. And I consider myself good at FPS normally, idk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For a moment I thought this was real and it probably will be in Season 32
https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/1093900459394416642?s=19

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1091018270134591489

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Team Waffle here.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If it was Kaiserschmarrn vs belgian waffle, kaiserschmarrn all day, but just plain pancake and waffle, only one is useless after 3 minutes.

Team waffle

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Waffles are bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a tough decision, but I think I lean pancake.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Crispy pancakes whose form factors allow for better syrup containment

waffles are way better

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

Crispy pancakes whose form factors allow for better syrup containment

waffles are way better

This is the only correct analysis (though i'm a heretic who likes peanut butter on em too)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
american pancakes suck and are inferior to waffles of any stripe. but japanese pastry-pancakes are heaven, and will smite any foul waffle

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I prefer a protein breakfast

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
With hashbrowns

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Always go with Waffles. I love me some pancakes, but Waffles is my jam.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
blueberries can fit into waffle pockets and not roll off so +1 to them

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

twitter thread's right though, it's a good thing french toast isn't on the docket, it'd just be a blowout

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waffles for life

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

French toast is overrated, the weird savory aspect to it doesn't really do it for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

twitter thread's right though, it's a good thing french toast isn't on the docket, it'd just be a blowout

French toast blows dog nuts

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wtf?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
french toast: for when you want eggs and you want cinnamon toast but you're too slovenly to cook them separately

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Waffles are best but it's true that pancakes from pretty much any other country are better than American pancakes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why does it have to be one versus the other?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

french toast: for when you want eggs and you want cinnamon toast but you're too slovenly to cook them separately

you're god drat right :cool:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barudak posted:

It's 2019 and this is the year the queers take over video games. Your new mandated ship pairings are Link/Sheikh, Leon/Chris and Yuna/Rikku/Paine.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

It's 2019 and this is the year the queers take over video games. Your new mandated ship pairings are Link/Sheikh, Leon/Chris and Yuna/Rikku/Paine.

can I ship Mimi/Totori instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm back to testing in my Portal playthrough. The puzzles are really fun and I'm having a blast. They even said when I finish I get to have cake! :neckbeard:

cheetah7071 posted:

can I ship Mimi/Totori instead

...I'll allow it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some examples of very positive game communities? (as opposed to toxic)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ff14 gunes

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

In Training posted:

Team Waffle here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

Has Leon ever even met Chris, now that I think about it?