Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

https://twitter.com/respectablelaw/status/1093727281141501952?s=21

Remember those drug dealing trump supporters who gunned down a bunch of cops before getting merced in a no knock raid? Turns out they were run of the mill trump supporters, not dealers. Meaning the cops gunned down one of their own while a bunch of hooting blue lives matter chuds cheered their deaths on.

this is the plot of Training Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

The NYPD went on strike to protest against the mayor tepidly suggesting that maybe they not murder quite so many unarmed black people quite so brazenly, instead of the city falling into blood-choked anarchy and begging for the cops to come back like they expected, quality of life improved and everyone commented on how much nicer the city was for 99% of its residents so the cops quickly got back on the job before too many people started drawing logical conclusions from this event.
Yeah you just made me remember this, and the other thing about it was without the police harassing the gently caress out of the browns the city suddenly lost a poo poo-load of revenue from all the nuisance harassment tickets and it hit the city budget really hard. Incentivizing racism to keep the city services running!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A friend of mine liked the post of an American guy who is complaining about $8000 dollars in taxes being way more than his worst case estimates, but as obnoxious as that guy is he's not a CHUD so I'm not going to post it here. But like how much do you even have to earn in the US to pay that much in taxes? I've never earned enough here in Canada to not just get most of what my employer withheld back and even the total withholding isn't more than a couple thousand lol so a guy going "woe is me how dare people tell me I earn enough money" when he earns enough to pay that much in taxes is astounding to me

Are taxes in the US really that hosed, does the guy actually make a ton of money, or does he not understand how brackets are working and is counting his highest bracket against his whole income or something

edit: his "worst case estimate" being 40% of income at $6000 means he earned $15,000 and is paying $8,000 on it? That can't be fuckin' right, he's lying or is an idiot but lol at the US personal exemption only being a few thousand dollars :eyepop: in canada you'd get most of that tax-free

BattleMaster has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Feb 9, 2019

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

With no withholding and single, $8000 in federal taxes is >$70k / year. If married, >$90k.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

thanks either he hosed up real bad or is the whiniest whiner to ever whine

Water777
Mar 19, 2015
Not to derail but these chinese dumplings are really good.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

And the road is coming to its end
Now the damned have no time to make amends
No purse of token fortune stands in our way
The silent guns of love
Will blast the sky
We broke the ruptured structure built of age
Our weapons were the tongues of crying rage

Where money stood
We planted seeds of rebirth
And stabbed the backs of fathers
Sons of dirt

Infiltrated business cesspools
Hating through our sleeves

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJtMrhb558

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ardlen posted:

With no withholding and single, $8000 in federal taxes is >$70k / year. If married, >$90k.

I wouldn't recommend revealing this kind of info to SA

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF posted:

I wouldn't recommend revealing this kind of info to SA

at least not outside of YOSPOS

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Water777 posted:

Not to derail but these chinese dumplings are really good.

My favorite are pork and cabbage

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

https://twitter.com/respectablelaw/status/1093727281141501952?s=21

Remember those drug dealing trump supporters who gunned down a bunch of cops before getting merced in a no knock raid? Turns out they were run of the mill trump supporters, not dealers. Meaning the cops gunned down one of their own while a bunch of hooting blue lives matter chuds cheered their deaths on.

"Joe Gamaldi, president of the Houston Police Officers’ Union, said on January 28 that police “are sick and tired of having targets on our back.” He also said “we’ve got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track” of people who say law enforcement is the enemy. Gamaldi didn’t mention any person or organization by name, but referenced people who “stir the pot” with rhetoric about police officers."

Pictured: a weedy little goddamned elf threatening to no-knock anyone who looks at him cross-eyed on the internet.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Farm belt is getting exactly what they voted for

quote:

A wave of bankruptcies is sweeping the U.S. Farm Belt as trade disputes add pain to the low commodity prices that have been grinding down American farmers for years.

Throughout much of the Midwest, U.S. farmers are filing for chapter 12 bankruptcy protection at levels not seen for at least a decade, a Wall Street Journal review of federal data shows.

Bankruptcies in three regions covering major farm states last year rose to the highest level in at least 10 years. The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin, had double the bankruptcies in 2018 compared with 2008. In the Eighth Circuit, which includes states from North Dakota to Arkansas, bankruptcies swelled 96%. The 10th Circuit, which covers Kansas and other states, last year had 59% more bankruptcies than a decade earlier.

States in those circuits accounted for nearly half of all sales of U.S. farm products in 2017, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data.

The rise in farm bankruptcies represents a reckoning for rural America, which has suffered a multiyear slump in prices for corn, soybeans and other farm commodities touched off by a world-wide glut, made worse by growing competition from agriculture powerhouses such as Russia and Brazil.

Trade disputes under the Trump administration with major buyers of U.S. farm goods, such as China and Mexico, have further roiled agricultural markets and pressured farmers’ incomes. Prices for soybeans and hogs plummeted after those countries retaliated against U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs by imposing duties on U.S. products like oilseeds and pork, slashing shipments to big buyers.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-one-here-is-gonna-kick-my-buttfarm-belt-bankruptcies-are-soaring-11549468759?ns=prod/accounts-wsj

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

And they will vote straight R next time again, regardless of who is on the ticket because extra taxes will kill the economy and the country.

Have I said eat the rich yet today?
Eat them and then tax them for the privilege.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

ikanreed posted:

My favorite are pork and cabbage

a man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

disjoe posted:

I had a moment of self reflection when i had to explain what a pork bun is to 5 other people and it made me realize that most states have poo poo food culture.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Every state has pork buns they're a chinese food staple, both americanized and non. You are just generalizing five people as hundreds of millions while thining you're some kind of enlightened food genius or something

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I will never forget the boss I had who had never heard of Pad Thai before

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

My grandfather refused to try any Japanese food because of WWII and probably didn’t know what sushi was.

e: He also died under Trump and probably voted for him, I didn’t ask but yknow.

disjoe has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Feb 10, 2019

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
My korean grandma learned what pizza was at the age of 75

Cultural relativism strikes again

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Manlet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Little Ben Shapiro's long lost brother?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Did she like it?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Please tell me it was Korean pizza.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Senor Dog posted:

Every state has pork buns they're a chinese food staple, both americanized and non. You are just generalizing five people as hundreds of millions while thining you're some kind of enlightened food genius or something

Not accurate. Sugar-coated fried meat Chinese places absolutely do not have them

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Senor Dog posted:

Nah if you dont know about loving pork buns or red bean paste are by the age of 25 something is off with your state.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

I had a moment of self reflection when i had to explain what a pork bun is to 5 other people and it made me realize that most states have poo poo food culture.

Thank you for your service.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mary Annette posted:

Pictured: a weedy little goddamned elf threatening to no-knock anyone who looks at him cross-eyed on the internet.

every swirlie was well deserved

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pork buns go up your rear end nicely but make sure they’re not too hot before you start.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

foods are the #2 favorite thing that people like to put up their rear end.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The #1 favorite things are non-foods.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bird with big dick posted:

The #1 favorite things are non-foods.

Arbys is technically food though so #1 and #2 spots are food.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pork buns are good, they remind me as well of pig poo poo lagoons leaking into water supplies during a now 4-5 time yearly hypercane, and that also reminds me of are president

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

pork buns are good, they remind me as well of pig poo poo lagoons leaking into water supplies during a now 4-5 time yearly hypercane, and that also reminds me of are president

McDonalds does a pork burger in China. So it's pork in a bun even if it's not a pork bun. Maybe we can bring about a golden age of one world by getting Trump to fall in love with all the local variants of McDonald's around the world.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

:discourse:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol and the cops probably shot eachother too during the firefight

lol yup. the dude had a 6 shot revolver, unless he managed to wound every single one of those cops with every single shot, then it's more likely that the blues all somehow shot one another in the ruckus

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

disjoe posted:

the Islamophobia and anti-semitism is coming from inside the thread

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

HotCanadianChick posted:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/875791255975886848

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

lmao I can’t believe you still show up in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i bet this is because the tax bill lowered the amount of your property taxes you could deduct from your federal income taxes

considering trump's base are suburban homeowners it's a big lol

https://twitter.com/DennisMJordan/status/1092784259864109057