Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Low Desert Punk posted:

everyone got a good 10 seconds of Dave-speak as I scrambled to mute it

Tell them people pay good money at Stanford to hear that beautiful Dave-speak :colbert:

Edit: Speaking of which, on the latest WOR he does talk about how the Stanford class used to get questions about wrestling but always about the older guys like Austin and Rock, but nowadays he gets NO questions about it. Also not a single one of them - all intelligent people with an interest in the media, current affairs and politics - had heard about the WWE/Saudi Arabia story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Only another 1400 to go before he reaches his favourite number.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

or he could just follow 14 chuds

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

Tell them people pay good money at Stanford to hear that beautiful Dave-speak :colbert:

Edit: Speaking of which, on the latest WOR he does talk about how the Stanford class used to get questions about wrestling but always about the older guys like Austin and Rock, but nowadays he gets NO questions about it. Also not a single one of them - all intelligent people with an interest in the media, current affairs and politics - had heard about the WWE/Saudi Arabia story.
I'm not sure what it says about Stanford Business School that there were no Last Week Tonight viewers in the class.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Listened to WOR and now I desperately want to watch a Dave-penned women’s division

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"Becky, you think you can beat me, but that's just the mentality."

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Replace all promos with the wrestlers reading transcripts of Dave answering mailbag questions

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

OctoberCountry posted:

Replace all promos with the wrestlers reading transcripts of Dave answering mailbag questions

*sneezes into the mic and is immediately future endeavored*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

AJ Styles is in the middle of ranting about Daniel Bryan... suddenly stops and starts wading through papers (infuriating Bryan further).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1093632645114802177

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

AJ Styles is in the middle of ranting about Daniel Bryan... suddenly stops and starts wading through papers (infuriating Bryan further).

This could mean either Daniel or Alvarez or both.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I got a big snort laugh from Dave nonchalantly saying that fighting in an airplane is dangerous

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
replace every "ahh" in a HHH promo with ""um" and you p much would have a dave promo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

I got a big snort laugh from Dave nonchalantly saying that fighting in an airplane is dangerous

I also love him and Bryan agreeing that picking a fight with Brock Lesnar is probably not a good idea.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Asuka removes her mask and smirks at her opponent, "Don Muraco. DonMuracoDonMuracoDonMuraco!"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So I like What Culture Wrestling okay and Simon Miller in particular, but uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCq8jp0E99ELBvmBxjJ-JLgA

Where the gently caress are the women? That's kind of a huge red flag.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You linked their channel and not the video, I think.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Who has the scoop on Dave’s Hollywood connections? He’s obviously ready to dive into filmmaking, talking about making movies and writing dialogue all this week

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TTBF posted:

You linked their channel and not the video, I think.
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=529TkJWg874

Seriously. All dudes. An all-dude office is usually indicative of a pretty gross office culture, no pun intended.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

guest hosts noooooo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Thank you.

Seriously. All dudes. An all-dude office is usually indicative of a pretty gross office culture, no pun intended.

http://whatculture.com/team

There's 5 women out of 29 listed people which is, if anything, just about what I would expect from a dorky internet article company that's mainly known for it's Wrestling coverage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea ok posted:

guest hosts noooooo

Ah gently caress

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's 5 women out of 29 listed people which is, if anything, just about what I would expect from a dorky internet article company that's mainly known for it's Wrestling coverage
Can I ask why?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I'd imagine that not a whole lot of women are forwarding their resumes to WhatCulture Wrestling.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Can I ask why?

Sure!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's actually far more women than I would've guessed work for WhatCulture.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'll probably end up like Uproxx where we found out the head of the wrestling stuff was a tremendo creepo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The head of the WWE is a tremendous creepo so it checks out

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

it'll probably end up like Uproxx where we found out the head of the wrestling stuff was a tremendo creepo.

They already had the stuff with Adam Blampied which has to count for something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Depending on your tolerance for children, you may find Paisley Alvarez's run-in on Figure Four Daily with Lance Storm either adorable or infuriating :3:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Seth Rollins told an extremely long winded (but interesting) story on E&C’s podcast that involved “not having to work a shoot job,” D-Lo Brown, Terry Taylor, “the Fed,” and Jim Cornette screaming at Rollins that people don’t get over in TNA, they get under. Christian started laughing as soon as he said “shoot job” and and as soon as Seth finished his story they made sure to mention all of those carny things.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

LividLiquid posted:

Thank you.

At least a few years ago, the WhatCulture office existed almost entirely to make them come off more legitimate when putting up listings on job sites. Their Glassdoor page is particularly illuminating in that regard, which is not at all surprising based on my dealings with them. Guessing whatever windfall the success of the YouTube channel created led to them either building out the office more.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the people that reply to every single meltzer tweet to make the same "fake news" and "plans change" jokes are extraordinarily pathetic

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

the people that reply to every single meltzer tweet to make the same "fake news" and "plans change" jokes are extraordinarily pathetic

No Tokyo Dome

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Badger5000/status/1094022366571589633

Big Daddy for Hall of Fame.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
whatculture is one of those sites that i know exist but im not sure why or how

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Seams posted:

whatculture is one of those sites that i know exist but im not sure why or how

Probably the same way I know about it, showing up in Youtube recommendations constantly despite never clicking on one of their videos.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

njsykora posted:

Probably the same way I know about it, showing up in Youtube recommendations constantly despite never clicking on one of their videos.

Ah, the Watchmojo method

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Twenty minutes into hoopzchat and nigel mcguiness is talking about non-monogamy instead of penetrating the D man-to-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

njsykora posted:

It’s literally just wrestling clickbait. Nobody needs to know 10 Things Alexa Bliss Ate For Breakfast or whatever