Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
And that is why poly people are so unpopular.

e: bad snipe. I'm referring to the "we are the evolved ones, monogamists are self-evidently dumb babies" take that 95% of polya people are dying to bust out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Turtlicious posted:

tbf in this thread, we post positively, and healthily about our sex lives, so that we can learn more about it, and because we're comfortable talking about sex.

R/Relationships is where you go to find the absolute loving worst of the world, because it's extremely stupid people getting taken advantage of in 7/10 posts, with the rest being a mix of funny, sad, and unnecessary.

If you spend all day reading about polyamorous relationships failing, because you read the internet's cheaper and worse version of" Ask Lisa," you're going to think they suck and can't work.

If you spend all day talking about sex, you're going to find people who are cool with polyamory, because that's kind of what having an open mind and a healthy thought process about sex eventually leads too, it's going to come up eventually, and you have to decide what you want.

I've seen no evidence that the people posting here are any smarter, nor their problems any less pedestrian.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biomute posted:

I've seen no evidence that the people posting here are any smarter, nor their problems any less pedestrian.

Good that's a sign of mental wellness, since no-one in the thread said that.

We had a person locked in a cage eating poo poo in the last iteration of this thread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"being open-minded and healthy about sex will naturally lead to curiosity about polyamory" is already kind of bonkers idea to have, but when that curiosity leads me to conclude that it's a bad idea 99% of the time, then Im being negative and unhealthy. like, I admit it apparently works for some people and I admit that I don't understand it, I don't know what you want from me. You don't need the approval of every rando on the internet to feel good about the number of people you're boning, right?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

because that's kind of what having an open mind and a healthy thought process about sex eventually leads too, it's going to come up eventually

:thunk:

This is the hottest take I think I've seen in this topic.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I'm sorry for breaching the topic, didn't think it would get so heated.

It kind of feels to me like this is eliciting the same reactions as a topic like veganism does. One side sees the other as holier than thou, the other as unevolved. That's not really a productive dichotomy.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Poly works for some folks, monogamy works for others, and of course even that is super oversimplified. Anyone who tells you there's only one way to be happy and it works for everyone is a liar.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

silvergoose posted:

Poly works for some folks, monogamy works for others, and of course even that is super oversimplified. Anyone who tells you there's only one way to be happy and it works for everyone is a liar.

This 100%.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
While we're on the topic of consensual non-monogamy, anyone have good resources for swinging?

My wife and I have waffled on adding additional partner(s) back and forth practically since we first got together almost 14 years ago, and our relationship is currently about as strong as its been since we got married (and potentially since we've been together) - little fighting within the marriage, sex is as good as its ever been in both frequency and desire, we're relatively financial stable for the first time since before the recession hit and we're not getting any younger. So I feel like we're at a "now or never" crossroads.

At this thread's suggestion I started reading The Ethical Slut but as I get deeper in its increasingly reading like a roadmap for the poly lifestyle - which my wife and I aren't particularly interested in. That said, I am going to finish the book on grounds that a swinging/FWB relationship could potentially/unexpectedly morph into a poly relationship down the road and I'd rather have the tools in the box should I need them. There's a lot of good stuff in it but I feel like I'm reading an instruction manual for a similar/comparable product and getting a lot of extraneous information.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can see I've hurt you guys with what I said, and my opinions, I apologize for my actions. I have had the open relationship talk in every relationship I've had, so it felt like a natural part of the process.

e: I can't just gently caress one person though, so I was probably driving those conversations.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 7, 2019

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I'm glad this topic got a happy ending.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

silvergoose posted:

Pretty much this. The only One True Way is whatever works for you and your partner(s) and that specific relationship/set of relationships. It doesn't look the same for any two relationships. While there are some general guideline-y things that apply to most (communicate more!), even those items can look different depending on the dynamic between yourself and your partners.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

After many years of devoted service, our Hitachi Magic Wand died.

Is there any other competition these days or is this basically still the go-to?

What a reliable workhorse she was.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
best apps/websites for a married couple to find a third woman to hook up/date?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

khysanth posted:

Still the go-to assuming you can find the real deal (there's a lot of knockoffs being sold now.) I would definitely avoid Amazon, given that they mix their stock with that of third party vendors.

More on spotting fakes here: https://hitachimagic.com/how-to-identify-a-real-vs-fake-hitachi-magic-wand-massager/

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

khysanth posted:

We highly recommend the wireless version we got at Good Vibrations. Just fyi, they're still made by Hitachi but no longer branded as such.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I have the same one, girlfriend loves it, highly recommend.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

silvergoose posted:

indeedy deedy

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru

Not that this makes it any less correct, I just wanted to chime in

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
My old Hitachi from Newegg shorted out (and tripped the breaker) after about 12 years of service. I replaced it with a Magic Wand Original and it seems to be about 90% the same as the original. https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Wand-Massager-Essentials-Controller/dp/B0089175GE/

Since then though I've bought an Eroscillator 2, which has basically displaced the Magic Wand as my go to. It was pricey, but doesn't seem to cause the issues with going numb and over-stimulation like the Magic Wand does. It's also super intense on nipples if you're into that.

I'd say my orgasms lately are:

75% Eroscillator
15% Manual
10% Magic Wand

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The reviewer I pay the most attention to loves that toy too but like hell will I ever be capable of buying it to try :(

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My partner and I tried out a Durex "Pleasure Ring" last night with great results, however the packaging says that it should only be used 6 times and then thrown out. It's a simple silicone ring and feels like it will last a lot longer than 6 times... why do they have that limit?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
To get you to buy more of them I suppose. If it really is silicone it should last pretty darn long, you can even boil em. I prefer mine al-dente.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It's probably to account for morons using them with silicone lube.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

KillHour posted:

It's probably to account for morons using them with silicone lube.

We use condoms and it goes over the condom, would the lube on it degrade the ring?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Silicone lube would destroy a condom so I certainly hope not

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Silicone lube is fine with all kinds of condoms.

Oil-based lube are not fine with latex condoms.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

:doh:

Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking straight.

So yeah, if your condom has silicone based lube on it, it will eat through the ring.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Professor Shark posted:

My partner and I tried out a Durex "Pleasure Ring" last night with great results, however the packaging says that it should only be used 6 times and then thrown out. It's a simple silicone ring and feels like it will last a lot longer than 6 times... why do they have that limit?

Looking at pictures I don't think it's actually made from silicone, appears to be that cheap translucent gummy stuff they make cheap sex toys from.

In which case I'd heed their advice to dispose of it after a few uses.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
You could buy a good one at the same size, instead of another one of these.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Are there any goon approved rings that I won’t have to throw out?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
What about the ring worked for you - erection enhancement, or helping to hold the condom on?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Enhancement

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
In that case you may want to consider a larger ring around the base of the shaft and then around the back of your scrotum. In my experience this causes a stronger erection vs a ring just around the shaft.

As far as suggestions for a silicone ring, I don't have any first hand experience with them (I wear stainless steel), but it's not like a silicone ring is hard to make.

e: This would work well - four ring kit for $15, starting at 1.25" and increasing in quarter-inch intervals to 2". Technically they're for a strapon harness but should work just fine as cock rings.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 11, 2019

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

KillHour posted:

So yeah, if your condom has silicone based lube on it, it will eat through the ring.

Not necessarily. It depends on the quality of the silicone lube and the toy in question. Even if it's bad I don't think you would see that much more than just some deformation; "eat through the ring" sounds a bit dramatic, but I guess it is not impossible if they're incompatible and you use them together a lot.

You could simply put some of the lube on your finger and vigorously rub some spot on the ring if you want to see if they should not go together.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Spandex hairbands over the shaft and balls imo, 15/$1

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Is it common to have trouble staying hard in certain positions? Reverse cowgirl eventually gets me soft, and it's not for lack of excitation, it just happens. Could it be a case of how pressure is distributed differently?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Colonel J posted:

Is it common to have trouble staying hard in certain positions? Reverse cowgirl eventually gets me soft, and it's not for lack of excitation, it just happens. Could it be a case of how pressure is distributed differently?

Have you tried jacking off while you're riding?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Colonel J posted:

I'd say it's probably pretty universal for some positions to not really do it for people, yeah. Pressure on your bits could do it, lack of sensation, I've had it happen rarely when just switching positions.

If reverse cowgirl really gets your partner going you could try cock rings, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Do you lose your erection completely or does it just reduce in intensity in that position?

A cock ring could help, but reminder that when properly sized they should be considered erection enhancers - you can still go flaccid with one on.