Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've already played the 15min demo for DMCV three times to S-rank and I want more, this game is gonna own hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrast posted:

I'll buy Death stranding if it's good and I won't buy it if it isn't.

I also haven't watched a single trailer for it. I'll look at a trailer when it has something resembling gameplay in it.

I think you'll find that is the gameplay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We've seen gameplay it's a dude delivering pizza while the opening of Prometheus is happening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm going to assume that despite the trailers most of Death Stranding is actually going to be a lot like MGSV but more ghost enemies.

So roughly 12 million hours of cutscenes, an open world, and an unfinished and unsatisfying ending.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

So roughly 12 million hours of cutscenes, an open world, and an unfinished and unsatisfying ending.

So what you’re saying is Game of the Year

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
MGSV barely had any cutscenes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Samuringa posted:

MGSV barely had any cutscenes

Instead they had a million cut scenes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah it was mostly on audiotapes. It's been a while but I also think you couldn't play those tapes in the open world or at least they would cut off when you encountered missions in the world

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Steve Yun posted:

:negative:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Steve Yun posted:

:ocelot:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i was reading the mgs wiki stuff about venom snake the other day because i forgot it the medic had a real name like david or john and i got to all the cut act 3 stuff with eli and the island and oh boy. boy howdy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad that Act 3 stuff isn't in the game, it sounded stupid and I hated Eli

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm thankful that all that content was cut so that I feel less bad for not even making it out of Africa in MGSV before terminal boredom set in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i didn’t like sahelanthropus at all

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I loved how they had to have a tape to explain why something was called Sahelanthropus before the actual Sahelanthropus was discovered, just so Kojima could make the "Missing Link" reference

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If the gameplay of Death Stranding is anything on the level of MGSV I'll buy it immediately.

MGSV felt so good to play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk I was disappointed when I saw that clip that Norman Reedus had a weapon

I wanted this multimillion dollar game to be a true Walking Simulator

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Walking sims are good

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm hoping it pulls a Brutal Legend and turns out to be an action rts

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Steve Yun posted:

:drat:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm hoping it pulls a Brutal Legend and turns out to be an action rts

I hope it pulls an MGS2 and Raiden is the real protagonist

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

I'll buy Death stranding if it's good and I won't buy it if it isn't.

I also haven't watched a single trailer for it. I'll look at a trailer when it has something resembling gameplay in it.

I wasn't joking when I said it was a Terry Gilliam Walking Simulator.

It looks like you play Norman Reed, The Postman, whose job is to ferry people and things between destinations on his back; in a world haunted by invisible entities

Here is a gameplay trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3UngLFou4

It very much looks like a passion project from Kojima with unlimited budget and as much time as he wants to get it right.
I think a looooot of people are basically expecting MGS in everything but name, and they're going to be in for a biiiig surprise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Given that Reedus has an assault-rifle looking weapon on his person, there is probably going to be shooting and not just all package delivery even if a 100% package delivery game would be probably a million times better.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

of course he has a gun, he's a mail man

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

according to kojima it’s a game about the ropes people use to keep the things they love instead of the sticks they use to fight off bad things. and can i just say. finally

Barudak
May 7, 2007

oddium posted:

according to kojima it’s a game about the ropes people use to keep the things they love instead of the sticks they use to fight off bad things. and can i just say. finally

Isn't this what bridge simulators are about too?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I hope Kojima adds a dozen 20 minute cutscenes that have the characters repeating different variants of 'war is bad' to each other.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I wasn't joking when I said it was a Terry Gilliam Walking Simulator.

It looks like you play Norman Reed, The Postman, whose job is to ferry people and things between destinations on his back; in a world haunted by invisible entities

Here is a gameplay trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3UngLFou4

It very much looks like a passion project from Kojima with unlimited budget and as much time as he wants to get it right.
I think a looooot of people are basically expecting MGS in everything but name, and they're going to be in for a biiiig surprise.

I doubt it's going to be that but if it is at least I'm going to save $60

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Walking sims sucks and are boring

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just lol if you aren't hype for Kojima to gently caress with expectations constantly for 80hrs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Just lol of you aren't ready for Kojima to gently caress with expectations constantly for 80hrs

After how little I enjoyed MGSV I won't be finding out until its on deep discount. Or possibly ever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope Death Stranding turns into the new Duke Nukem or Star Citizen crossed with Half Life 3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

After how little I enjoyed MGSV I won't be finding out until its on deep discount. Or possibly ever.

MGSV is one of the best open world sandbox games, and I'm legit bummed you didn't enjoy it.

The game engine in particular was super impressive as it ran really well on high settings on my old shitbox pc

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Walking simulators are bullshit, only a fool would pay money when you can walk around your room for free.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

MGSV is one of the best open world sandbox games, and I'm legit bummed you didn't enjoy it.

It's extra dissapointing because at one time I owned every single other game in the franchise on physical media, sometimes multiple times, because I loved them. Didn't make it past Africa and barely made it past the opening mission. I literally only stuck with it past the opener because a friend and I were playing it together and if they hadn't have been there I would have quit there.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Barudak posted:

You'd think you'd love it's lack of cutscenes and story given you actively skip cutcscenes and story in games that do have a lot of them

bushisms.txt posted:

Walking simulators are bullshit, only a fool would pay money when you can walk around your room for free.

:yeah:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Verranicus posted:

Hmmm wrong, bitch

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

Journey was cool and i loved it being beatable easily in one sitting, i had a fun time with Abzu although its more a swimming simulator and similarly didn't overstay its welcome, outside that the term waking simulator makes my eyes glaze over

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

CrRoMa posted:

Journey was cool and i loved it being beatable easily in one sitting, i had a fun time with Abzu although its more a swimming simulator and similarly didn't overstay its welcome, outside that the term waking simulator makes my eyes glaze over

Those at least had something interesting to look at and pretty aesthetics, most of them are boring doodoo and would be better off made in something like Twine for the lame stories they try to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Journey has some platforming. Rime has some puzzles. Inner-space has some mild flight challenges and collectibles. Abzu has some exploration. They all contain some amounts of fun and are decent chill-out games except Rime because that will probably bum you the hell out at the end.