Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

"the bitcoin price is dumb and easily manipulated and people who care about it are dumb"

*sketchy company magics up 3 billion dollars and makes the price jump up 20k in a month*

"alas i am undone :suicide:"

tbf, an important, though inexplicable, part of the scenario was that everyone also loses their jobs

if the economy was legitimately that hosed, though, everyone would be suicidal, regardless of how many magic beans they had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Erenthal posted:

good times

good times

low tax should have tried to claim the bounty last year when the forums were down for like two days. if he sold them immediately he’d be able to get a better robot neck!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

KnifeWrench posted:

tbf, an important, though inexplicable, part of the scenario was that everyone also loses their jobs

if the economy was legitimately that hosed, though, everyone would be suicidal, regardless of how many magic beans they had

he was saying that paid trolls from 2015 have killed themselves

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it's a very strange scenario they're envisaging, where society and government completely collapse overnight and everyone reacts by adopting the nap so the bitcoiners can safely lord it over starving men with guns who have nothing left to lose

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

these people are the brain cells of the pitiful mass of quivering flesh that is bitcoin

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

these people are the brain cells of the pitiful mass of quivering flesh that is bitcoin

Would you say the neocortex of the mammalian brain?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

...! posted:

DixieSilver 2 points 14 hours ago

What if Amazon enacted a policy where customers buying from them with their AmazonCoin (or whatever) get an automatic 5% discount? Boom, real-world utility. Number goes way up from 13%. People will start becoming familiar with the concept of electronic currency, with how software wallets work, etc., all in the "training wheels" Amazon environment where Amazon would be willing to help folks out if they make a noob mistake. Amazon isn't the ideal solution by any stretch, but they might be the vehicle for introducing the concept of crypto to non-techy folks.
amazon has a couple variations on this!

a. gift cards. i bought a $100 gift card in some promotion (iirc they got my bank account details out of it) and I think they gave me $115 worth of gift card.

b. amazon coins. a currency only used for buying apps and in-game stuff. for games it comes out to a significant discount vs the google or apple stores. i don't know how successful it was; amazon did a big push a while back to get hearthstone streamers to pimp amazon coins, sponsored some tournaments, and stopped.

c. amazon branded rewards cards. i think they give like 5% back for buying poo poo off amazon.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Would you say the neocortex of the mammalian brain?

no

more like a jellyfish

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boxturret posted:

no

more like a jellyfish

hdu insult my neighbor, the noble jellyfish

people come into buttcoin reddit all the time going “i made $x,000 on butts” like anyone’s going to be angry or jealous

congrats on winning a lottery, enjoy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

how could i insult the jellyfish like that i feel so bad im sorry:suicide:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Acoe78/status/1093606232273928192

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

¡¡ Not so fast !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgV315zF1A

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

:wrong:

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

jimmyjams posted:

do people who sell amway get together and talk poo poo about how they're totally going to be rich once all the stores close and everyone is forced to buy poo poo from them

more or less. they hold big cult meetups where they get hyped by "diamonds" (higher ups in the pyramid) who flash success bling (fancy cars and clothes) at them and they all circle jerk each other into believing they're all gonna be super rich diamonds someday

(naturally, the marks have to pay to go to these meetups)

(also most diamonds are marks too, just ones who spend further beyond their means for status than the others)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

sfyl

CoinEgg says my account is "abnormal." Won't allow trades of INT. (self.CryptoCurrency)
submitted an hour ago by whatsanlp

I created my CoinEgg acount a year ago and used it to buy some INT. I just tried to move my INT off the site, but withdrawl is disabled for that coin, so I was going to trade it for something else. When clicking 'Trade,' I get an error message saying 'Your account is abnormal,unable to trade, please contact online service.'

I have been in the crypto space for about 20 months and never lost a coin to any scams or user errors.

Is CoinEgg a reputable exchange or is my INT a goner?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 2 points • submitted 4 hours ago

You're right. It won't ever happen, but the no-coiners among those billionaires will quickly find themselves much poorer in relation to the smart ones who hedged by buying Bitcoin. They will also be forced to accept Bitcoin as payment in their businesses or become irrelevant.

It will be fun to watch.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 0 points • submitted 4 hours ago

A lot of people are going to get very rich, and the world's first trillionaire is likely to be a Bitcoiner like the Winklevoss twins or Tim Draper.

A drat lot of money will be available not just for charity but for all kinds of cool investments, experiments and other neat stuff. That money will not be in the hands of the peddlers of war and poison who are currently in control. It's going to be super cool.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 2 points • submitted 17 hours ago

Very little effort? I worked for every Bitcoin, as did most of us. We studied the technology and the market, bought the dips and held through years of bear markets.

We deserve it every bit as much as Bill Gates, whose mommy sold his crappy OS to IBM for him, or Warren Buffet, who ran the biggest Ponzi scheme in history.

And "laggarts"? gently caress you.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 0 points • submitted 17 hours ago

Who? No-coiners? They'll be carrying bags full of regret. Ours will be full of possibilities and freedom.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 0 points • submitted 17 hours ago

It won't be a "feudal overlord" situation, but many of us will be working hard. Since we came by our money honestly (as opposed to having been born into it), I think we will be better rulers than the current ones in terms of generosity and social conscience.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • -4 points • submitted 17 hours ago

You are a bootlicking slave.

I provided lots of products and services and invested in something that you were too stupid to see. gently caress yes, I deserve to be rich, rear end in a top hat.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

I think we will be better rulers than the current ones in terms of generosity and social conscience.

...! posted:

gently caress yes, I deserve to be rich, rear end in a top hat.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

Is CoinEgg a reputable exchange or is my INT a goner?

I regret to inform you that your INT was always 1.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Is this a death threat?

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuadrigaCX2/comments/aovjre/dear_jennifer/

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Who is jennifer

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Who is jennifer

:gerard: cottun's widow

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

...! posted:

I think we will be better rulers than the current ones in terms of generosity and social conscience.

...! posted:

gently caress yes, I deserve to be rich, rear end in a top hat.

you know i'm getting this strange feeling that diydude might not be a very good person

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Soricidus posted:

you know i'm getting this strange feeling that diydude might not be a very good person

:vince:

Sartreoshi Nihilmoto

...! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 10, 2019

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

...! posted:

diydude2 • 0 points • submitted 4 hours ago

A lot of people are going to get very rich, and the world's first trillionaire is likely to be a Bitcoiner like the Winklevoss twins or Tim Draper.

A drat lot of money will be available not just for charity but for all kinds of cool investments, experiments and other neat stuff. That money will not be in the hands of the peddlers of war and poison who are currently in control. It's going to be super cool.

Wait, how can somebody be a trillionaire in Bitcoin, which will never have more than 21 million units?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

LanceHunter posted:

Wait, how can somebody be a trillionaire in Bitcoin, which will never have more than 21 million units?

they wish so hard for bitcoin to take over but they can't conceptualize bitcoin's value in its own terms and always have to value it in something real

its tragic

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Soricidus posted:

it's a very strange scenario they're envisaging, where society and government completely collapse overnight and everyone reacts by adopting the nap so the bitcoiners can safely lord it over starving men with guns who have nothing left to lose

They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Qwertycoatl posted:

They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

greece.txt makes me feel all fuzzy inside

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay. Has anyone said Sartreoshi Nihilmoto?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

uwin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

...! posted:

Sartreoshi Nihilmoto

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

pathetic

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

:gerard: cottun's widow

oic. classy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

cmbarc0 points

I get it I’m one of them! Harassing the spouse doesn’t do much though. I think given the little that we know about her we should give her somewhat of the benefit of the doubt. Could be that she had no idea about the shady way her husband was conducting business

Crypto4Dummies1 point

Says the 3 day old account. Can we get a mod around here to ban these loving faggots trying to throw off stupid people cause it's obvious and these loving trolls are polluting this sub. gently caress Jen and gently caress you (if you aren't the same person)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong: