Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
That was probably the right choice.

I went into this week expecting that I would be completely over Naomi. And even though she did very poorly in the challenge, I don't know. He kinda cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Naomi's the biggest shock of the season for me. I honestly did not remember her existing in her season at all, like I had to google her in the announcement AND during the first two episodes, but now I kind of want her to... not WIN, but second place behind Monique?

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Here to serve a platter of wilted livetakes!

- Am I bonkers for thinking Sex and the City is a really really dated reference, did something revive it recently? Like was half the cast of RPDR even aliving while it was on? I hated that show, but just wondering. Bless Monique, the One True Meryl Streep of Drag (sorry Max) for salvaging this mess

- I had to step away from the screen to deal with some bullshit and when I came back, Monet was pink. That's why I'll never stop watching this show

Runway! (weird furry edition)
As an aside, I got James Wu confused with John Woo for a hot second and thought there was going to be a doves and gunfight thing.

- Trinity: Halle Berry catwoman realness. I expected her to get into an awkward flirty basketball game with Benjamin Bratt
- Monet: Nose makeup made me think she had a snout for a second. Otherwise impressive and definitely different.
- Latrice: that gown was fully airbrushed at a mall somewhere. The rest was great. Just... if that gown was leopard print or something, or wasn't white to start.
- Naomi: Hell yeah! Gimme that harajuku macrame ice cream nightmare with the terrified shouldercat
- Monique: I never thought I'd be bored by a grown man in a full bodysuit with glitter boots and cat makeup but here we are. It's like everything between the boots and the neck are an afterthought. I liked it much more once the giant hat came off and you could see her fantastic makeup.

- When they cut to Latrice sitting on the couch alone I can't help but think she looks like she's waiting for a bus and crack up, even though I know she's worried and nervous. I'm tired as hell today

- Latrice is arguably the one with the least to lose if she was sent home. She's already a legend. It's too bad she's not getting a title and money, but she's more than that, and winning by coasting would kind of defeat that. See ya later you beautiful creature

I'm team, uh... everyone. I'd like to see Naomi win because she's a cool person with an astounding eye for fashion, Monique because she's fun, charismatic, and hasn't had any major fuckups, Monet because she's gorgeous and a winsome personality, and Trinity because her looks are awesome and she's a fierce lipsyncker.

fake edit: I accidentally wrote "aliving" instead of "alive" up there and I'm keeping it because it's far better than living or alive. Handle it, thread

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I missed most of the critiques and only caught Monique properly getting showered with praise. I'm glad she won, but she should've also won the lip sync. Oh well, she'll get the crown.

Maybe I'm a sucker for cats and cutesy things, but Naomi's look should've been enough to get her in the top.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

first things first

:piss: trinity's loving lipsync outfit tho i gay gasped tbqh, and the fuckin lipsync itself !!

as we all know, she's been my pick to win since she lost season 9 so gently caress yeah I am glad she's going into the top 4, and while I hope she wins both due to my bias and her having the best score I am also 100% down with any of these other queens winning. I'm super torn between who I would want to win more out of Monet and Monique, but I think I lean Monique especially after that loving runway rudemption tonight, girl. the one i'd say deserves it the least is naomi, I guess? but I've always loved Naomi so I still wouldn't be too chaffed. but other than her the top 4 is super neck and neck this season and i dig that a lot. there is no clear winner imo if they go the old fashioned route of ru picking from the 4 or a final 3.

I gotta commend Monet for being the only bitch to go with a Pink Panther look, even if it was ugly af and made me think of Pepto Bismol, but in a bad way instead of idk a Melanie Lynskey casually slamming back whole bottles in Coyote Ugly way

The scripted challenge was one of the least bad ones. It gave me more to enjoy than that trash fire best squirrelfriend's wedding crap from last season. All in all a rly good episode of tv, the deliberation half was real fun, I like the moments where they let the top 2 have some screentime discussing who they want to pick, I don't think we ever got that in AS2 or 3 and it's happened a few times this year so werk

#teamtuck

i wonder what the tweest will be. i hope chad, alaska and trixie are just back to say idk that the bottom 2 will lip sync and then ru will pick from a top 3 or smth, and are otherwise just there to be part of the crowning ceremony which imho they always should have been ?? not relinquishing a crown but placing a crown upon the head of their new fellow hall of famer or smth

tho if we end up with a 'group of queens pick the season's top 2' moment like last year, a 'the all star winners come back and vote after seeing footage of the challenge performances' moment would be kinda legit but is never gna be an actual thing so :shrug:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

oh and latrice's runway was ugly too but at least monet's was more on theme. not only did latrice's outfit look bad it didn't give me 'cat' b/c the focus was not on the lion and instead on the animal kingdom and meh

trinity and naomi slayed the runway

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dat puss in boots tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want a crown on a loving pageant queen's head, and the best way to do it after the astigmatism lasting this long is for the first pageant girl to be a fuckin hall of famer.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Hated monets runway she looked like a pig crossed with a mouse, I wasn't getting cat at all!

I really wanted manila to win, she was hall of fame material in my eyes, out of who is left I like Monet best but think trinity or Naomi are more polished and maybe more deserving.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I... think Monet's runway was half Pink Panther and half inspiration from Heatherette, a David LaChapelle MAC promotion featuring Amanda Lepore:

(EXTREMELY NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIzAzpWxK4

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This was one of the most abysmal episodes in the series' history. Like season 7 bad.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
How to write a drag race scripted challenge:
1) pick an old tv show that’s not relevant
2)make no jokes
3)slap fight!
4) don’t do a ball for some reason??

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah seriously can they just never do scripted sketch challenges any more

Has there even been a good one

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah seriously can they just never do scripted sketch challenges any more

Has there even been a good one

I liked the old ones that leaned more into being schlocky trash. They're all bad tho. Just bad in a boring way lately.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Raccoonboy posted:

4) don’t do a ball for some reason??

WHERE ARE MY drat PUPPETS RU?????

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah full disclosure I skipped most of the episode. I never watched sex and the city, so I wouldn't even get the references, so it wasn't worth sitting through cringy acting. Did anyone else get super confused that it was a mockumentary style thing? I couldn't keep straight when they were supposed to be in character or not. And ending their dumb skits with inexplicable slap fights/pies/make outs has gotten so goddamn old. Please hire good writers.

I liked that Latrice tried doing something than the very obvious cat suit, but Naomi unsurprisingly knocked it out with her cat lady yarn thing. I really loved the way she looked.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Man, I honestly just don't give a poo poo who wins now that Manila is gone, but I am glad that Latrice got cut. I went into this season being 100% Team Latrice and still love her but drat has she been disappointing as a performer.

Monique had her best week of the season this week. If she was consistently this good I could get on board with her getting the crown. She was the only funny thing in the challenge, and her runway kicked rear end. The lip sync wasn't much though, neither the look nor the performance, but it wasn't terrible.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

GrandmaParty posted:

This was one of the most abysmal episodes in the series' history. Like season 7 bad.
No poo poo. Dear God. We were cringing at it while cowering two rooms away. HIRE GOOD WRITERS OR NO MORE SCRIPTED CHALLENGES. EVER.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Really, anyone but Monet but I want either Monique or Naomi.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I enjoyed this episode more than last week's, mostly because some rear end in a top hat ruined the outcome of the episode early for me. Took all the spice of the episode away.

This one was fine. I liked SatC, so I got the jokes. But you all are right, they need fresh blood in that writer's studio, because those slapstick endings suck. For having seen SatC, Monet was an AWFUL Charlotte. He was boring, not sweet. Latrice's runway was boring too. Both deserved to be in the bottom, imo. Naomi's runway was awesome, but her SJP was BAD.

I'm rooting for Trinity or Monique to take the crown.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I kind of like there not being sewing challenges on AS. 1 and 2 had none. The idea that all the girls have coint and don't need to sew works for me.

That said I wish we had one this year anyway just bc Manila.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
Of all the remaining queens I hope Trinity or Naomi will nab the crown.
Although Monique is probably going to win because of the favorable edit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The challenge was what it was but holy poo poo, usually I find Monique's squealing grating as hell, but she had me loving DYING every second of the challenge. I need a gif of her looking really confused with the waffle IMMEDIATELY.

Also: absolutely gagged when Trinity told Latrice point blank that the other two chose her. Goddamn.

Jr. posted:

Am I bonkers for thinking Sex and the City is a really really dated reference, did something revive it recently?
I find it delightful that everyone is forced to clap and cheer for parody projects and eeeeeextra special guest judges that they clearly don't know but for some reason they were completely comfortable with a handful of the queens saying "Yeah, I don't know a thing about Sex and the City."

(I have never seen an episode of Sex and the City. Honestly, I think the only show they've parodied/referenced I've ever seen was Strangers with Candy.)

Pinwiz11 posted:

Really, anyone but Monet
This is fair.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I adore Monet, but in a "you're brilliant and I super-want to be friends with you" way, not a "you should win All-Stars" way.

At this point Naomi's the only one giving me anything winner-worthy interesting and different. I'd be more committed to rooting for her if she hadn't faceplanted so spectacularly in the last challenge, but she has real sparkle and I always look forward to seeing what she does.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Courtney Act got 4th place, and will not be representing Australia for eurovision... :australia:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I cannot believe Aquaria and Raja tooted Latrice's runway. It literally looks like an airbrushed blanket you'd get at a flea market from a stall selling Three Wolf Moon t-shirts. wtf

e: oh nevermind they booted Monique, they were clearly drunk off that sponsored cava, holy poo poo.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 10, 2019

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

I cannot believe Aquaria and Raja tooted Latrice's runway. It literally looks like an airbrushed blanket you'd get at a flea market from a stall selling Three Wolf Moon t-shirts. wtf

e: oh nevermind they booted Monique, they were clearly drunk off that sponsored cava, holy poo poo.

I've never trusted Toot and Boot ever since they tooted Derricks paper ball dress and booted Kimchi's

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Courtney Act got 4th place, and will not be representing Australia for eurovision... :australia:

When it’s right it’s right. But I did love her live performance.
Also loved the background shots of Vanity (of Wigs By Vanity) in the green room chilling with her white wine

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Is "goop" just something Monique made up or is it common slang? I've never heard it before this and she's really pushing it.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Normy posted:

Is "goop" just something Monique made up or is it common slang? I've never heard it before this and she's really pushing it.

I've heard Willam and/or Alaska use it on Race Chaser prior to this season's debut, usually as part of "gooped and gagged" or "she was fully gooped."

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I've heard Willam and/or Alaska use it on Race Chaser prior to this season's debut, usually as part of "gooped and gagged" or "she was fully gooped."

But Monique was saying it before this season too. In her own season I'm pretty sure.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

spite house posted:

No poo poo. Dear God. We were cringing at it while cowering two rooms away. HIRE GOOD WRITERS OR NO MORE SCRIPTED CHALLENGES. EVER.

lol I remembered that that musical farting episode from last season happened when there were only five queens left, so this season I saw "All-Stars, five queens, scripted comedy challenge" and didn't make the same mistake twice.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Meh.

That episode was meh.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress Willam and Alaska for still hawking that better health shite

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"hey trinity, whats it like to be white?"

- naomi smalls, secretly the funniest queen on rpdr

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

But Monique was saying it before this season too. In her own season I'm pretty sure.

Oh for real? ... I'd be gooped if she originated the term language.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
All Stars is consistently poop and I disagree with whomever said there should be less design challenges. gently caress that, make these bitches sew and hot glue!

Just because you have dollas and can pay designers to make outfits for you doesn't mean you are excused from designing garments yourself. And you should probably know how to sew by now, ffs.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I know it's been around before Monique was on the TV, I did some googling and apparently Willam used it when she was in Unhhhh?

Either way, it's Monique who has brought it into day-to-day conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I know it's been around before Monique was on the TV, I did some googling and apparently Willam used it when she was in Unhhhh?

Either way, it's Monique who has brought it into day-to-day conversation.

gooped and gagged the house down boots okurrrr was preexisting draggetry

GOOPED and STUNNING are things Monique has tried hard to make catchphrases