Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip 11/29/61

Ye Olde Foxtrot 5/18/88

Tarzan

Dilbert: Year One

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I went ahead and read today’s Luann and man oh man Mordock is gonna be on fire today.

Remember that time Greg had a poll like, should I have Luann hook up with Aaron Hill or <3<3<3GUNTHER<3<3<3 and the people were like gently caress NO NOT GUNTHER and Greg was so mad he shipped Aaron Hill to Hawaii?

Get real, dude, Luann doesn't moan. That's what dirty girls do.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ug. I can't deal with this garbage today.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

:vince:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

Holland (Referencing who knows what)

It's a reference to Kaiser Wilhelm II, who fled into exile to the (neutral) Netherlands after the first World War. He apparently had a big thing for chopping wood.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

davidspackage posted:

It's a reference to Kaiser Wilhelm II, who fled into exile to the (neutral) Netherlands after the first World War. He apparently had a big thing for chopping wood.

I thought so, but the guard and prison threw me. He was a free man after he abdicated, even got to take a bunch of his stuff with him to his new estate.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Haifisch posted:

Origins of the Sunday Comics

appropriately nightmarish children

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

davidspackage posted:

It was one of several ways he tried to keep from going insane from the boredom of exile. He was a kind of a hyper guy and didn't handle settled life all that well, plus he tried to compensate for having a useless left arm by overexerting himself physically.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Holy poo poo, that's not an edit. :stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Yea, Juicy Fruit, man.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I'm working on a project, but for now you can have a sneak peek:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Yeah, scorpions are another type of non-spider arachnid.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:roflolmao:

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Yup, Alfonso Ribeiro was David Joyner as Barney the Dinosaur.

Edit:
Forgot I saw this article earlier today about Stephen Pastis doing a PBS about his dog dying a few months back[/u]. Don't think anyone's posting PBS so we might have missed it.

F Minus

[url=https://imgur.com/fPj1hG8]

Macanudo

Mark Trail

What the hell kind of article are you going to write? You work for a nature magazine. You did nothing nature-related. Ranger Rick is not known for their big exposes of smugglers of artifacts and human traffickers.

Mary Worth

That's it? That's her comeuppance? Boo!

The Phantom

This is like meeting Santa to this guy.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Tell him he can gently caress right off, Tommy.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 9, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zetsubou-san posted:

I'm working on a project, but for now you can have a sneak peek:

Oh good, this means me putting it off for over a year has panned out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I thought vapes looked like either regular but plastic cigarettes or Darth Vader's dick. What’s with this Norma Desmond looking poo poo

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

9 Chickweed Lane

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What up with Misses Long Neck over there?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing Spiderman

We get it, you vape.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Luke Cage and Spider-The-Man almost has THE SKUNK taken down when Spider-The-Mans diet of greasy corner foods strikes!
STMs rancid fart is absorbed by THE SKUNK and restores his powers

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yvonmukluk posted:

I didn't realise that Space Is The Place started on Sunday, so treat yourselves to a double feature!

Bad Machinery

I was bored the past couple of days and re-re-re-read the whole Bobbinsverse and remembered that there's a longer example of Lottie's space poetry:

Actually on that note:
We're now in the part of the timeline where there's bits of New Bobbins focusing on the Mystery Teens that take place between the Bad Machinery stories, are you planning on peppering them in? I'm not talking about anything the teens are tangentially in (like Into The Woods) but An Election in the World is a Lottie/Claire story, and then there's the Scary-Go-Round and Bobbins stuff that continues stories with the Mystery Teens even after he swore he was done with them...

[Edit: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, there's a solid case to be made for posting Into The Woods, as the teens and their family members are featured pretty heavily, and it really feels quite a bit more like Bad Machinery than SGR... though there's so much focus on SGR/Bobbins characters that it'd probably be more confusing than anything else]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 10, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andy Capp

December 19, 1957

Heathcliff Old and New

Ballard Street

Outbursts of Everett True

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Johnny Aztec posted:

What up with Misses Long Neck over there?

That's Chelonia. She's a minor recurring character. She's the boss' daughter.

FrumpleOrz fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 10, 2019

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

No Seriously

Retail

Stockpile Collins

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ballard Street

The placement of the clamp sure is loaded with implications.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 12, 1972)

Funky Winkerebean

Crankshaft, in which Ed learns his lesson.

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 5, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck (July 5-7, 1923)

Oh yeah, the fight in Shelby. As the video will tell you, the city boosters kind of blew it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGOLHmtCww

The loudspeaker system in Seattle, on the other hand, was a success.

Seattle Times (July 5, 1923) posted:

To 15,000 persons packing Times Square and the streets leading into it with the greatest crowd ever assembled in the Northwest to listen to news bulletins, The Times yesterday afternoon gave direct returns from the ringside of the Dempsey-Gibbons fight at Shelby, Mont. The throng numbered twice as many men and women as were admitted into the arena at Shelby by ticket and more than the number who actually saw the fight after the gate was stormed and approximately 5,000 nonpaying spectators rushed in.

For four hours the great crowd remained in Times Square, staying nearly thirty minutes after the result of the fight was announced to hear the Associated Press resume of the battle and the happenings at the ringside following the fight.

Move by move and blow by blow, the championship battle was visualized for the immense throng in the telegraphic advices received over three direct wires from the ringside and read over the battery of loud-speaking "Wonderphones." The voice of the reader was distinctly heard for two blocks.

The crowd gathered early, thousands being on hand for the usual announcements preceding the fight and for preliminary bouts, and by the time the championship contest was called the traffic was completely blocked in Stewart and Olive Streets, Fifth and Westlake Avenues.

The crowd was a Gibbons crowd. There were cheers for the champion but when the challenger landed a blow the crowd would yell and, as the fight extended toward its limit the end of each round brought a wild cheer for the challenger.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 10, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet
May 5th, 2006

May 6th, 2006

May 7th, 2006

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Haven’t seen PBS posted in a while (unless it’s just been buried in walls of other comics that I tend to scroll past), but here’s an article about Stephen Pastis using cartooning as a way to grieve the loss of his real-life dog:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...uring-sympathy/

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
random Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

FrumpleOrz posted:

That's Chelonia. She's a minor recurring character. She's the boss' daughter.

I incredibly, extremely regret asking.

Thank you, I hate it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

I incredibly, extremely regret asking.

Thank you, I hate it.

I know I will also regret asking. Why the long neck, though. She secretly a giraffe from the animal murder dimension or something?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

I thought so, but the guard and prison threw me. He was a free man after he abdicated, even got to take a bunch of his stuff with him to his new estate.

That's true, maybe it's not to keep the kaiser in, but for his protection? I think some countries wanted him extradited.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Heathcliff Old and New

Hey Modern Heathcliff loving sucks poo poo

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

asecondduck posted:

I was bored the past couple of days and re-re-re-read the whole Bobbinsverse and remembered that there's a longer example of Lottie's space poetry:

Actually on that note:
We're now in the part of the timeline where there's bits of New Bobbins focusing on the Mystery Teens that take place between the Bad Machinery stories, are you planning on peppering them in? I'm not talking about anything the teens are tangentially in (like Into The Woods) but An Election in the World is a Lottie/Claire story, and then there's the Scary-Go-Round and Bobbins stuff that continues stories with the Mystery Teens even after he swore he was done with them...

[Edit: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, there's a solid case to be made for posting Into The Woods, as the teens and their family members are featured pretty heavily, and it really feels quite a bit more like Bad Machinery than SGR... though there's so much focus on SGR/Bobbins characters that it'd probably be more confusing than anything else]

I've put in links to those stories where appropiate, so people can go and read them on their own, I figure I should respect the boundaries of the thread. Luckily most of those stories are quite short. Into The Woods took place inbetween the last case and Space Is The Place.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ruthven,_1st_Earl_of_Forth

quote:

Ruthven was, according to contemporary sources consistent with severe alcoholic and was called at times " Rothwein " ( red wine ) . Already at the time of his resignation as commander in chief in 1644 he is said to have shown clear signs of chronic alcohol damage and there must have been a contributing factor to that, he was replaced by Prince Rupert of the Rhine.
Now there's a true Scotsman.

Nancy

Dustin

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 10, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: Arse first into the Prickly Pears... again, or In today's Chevket Maltese, or Corto doesn't pay attention

Edit: That Nancy reminds me of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

JethroMcB posted:

Hey Modern Heathcliff loving sucks poo poo

we just haven't had any garbage ape panels yet this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

That's it? That's her comeuppance? Boo!

so why is she suddenly talking to him now? is that her plan to get her grade fixed?