Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm pretty sure some of these puns aren't even original - they are clearly stollen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been wheating a long time for an excuse to post the word dampfnudel

Dampfnudel

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

pikachode posted:

challahlujah

I AIN'T NO CHALLAH BACK GIRL

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Xarbala posted:

I've been wheating a long time for an excuse to post the word dampfnudel

Dampfnudel

Are they the ones with vanilla sauce? They're god damned delicious. Say what you will about those wacky Germans, but they know their calorie-intensive foods.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Memento posted:

Are they the ones with vanilla sauce? They're god damned delicious. Say what you will about those wacky Germans, but they know their calorie-intensive foods.

Heck yes

Also, toss a berry compote on while you're at it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Xarbala posted:

Heck yes

Also, toss a berry compote on while you're at it.

:hai:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
All these bread puns have me ready to meat my maker! :grin::grin:

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
these bread puns are pain

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I hate them a lot

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Krankenstyle posted:

ah gently caress true.

once you get yeasts involved im out, it gets too complicated & i dont have the follow-through

SA’s Greatest Sagas: Once you get yeasts involved I’m out

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rascar Capac posted:

SA’s Greatest Sagas: Once you get yeasts involved I’m out

It's okay, many goons feel shy around women.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its just a lack of culture

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Look, at the very yeast can we get in at least one pun about naan? I'm struggling here.

Baked goods from India are a naan-issue itt

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Elephant Ambush posted:

Baked goods from India are a naan-issue itt

I'm gonna have to papad dosa Tylenol to deal with this poo poo.

If anyone can come up with one for uthappam or chapatti or paratha, I salute you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

its just a lack of culture

:thurman:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Remember that time one of the forums had a no puns rule to prevent people from doing this exact thing? Good times :allears:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Len posted:

Remember that time one of the forums had a no puns rule to prevent people from doing this exact thing? Good times :allears:

they should call this guy matzah because you can't get a rise out of him

I'll show myself out

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

People who call them "dad jokes" are stupid as hell and have no sense of humor.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Len posted:

Wasn’t that when Brother Johnathon was a mod and had a pretty harsh “no joy allowed” style of moderating here?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wasn’t that when Brother Johnathon was a mod and had a pretty harsh “no joy allowed” style of moderating here?

Moana banned me for making a pun one time; I'll chalk it up to raging southmouth dentata.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Moana banned me for making a pun one time; I'll chalk it up to raging southmouth dentata.
Mermaid Shelley was a great time for the forums

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Elephant Ambush posted:

People who call them "dad jokes" are stupid as hell and have no sense of humor.

Dad jokes are more than just puns.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dad jokes are a way of life

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

Dad's Army jokes are the way of death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-c__KAg1KI&t=1426s

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

hi life im dad

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Len posted:

It was necessary at the time, like most other rules about beating dead horses. The img_timeline ban, page sniping, etc.

If I had to mention two factors that make this community a tad less poo poo than all other online forums and communities, one is the entrance fee, the other is actively discouraging catchphrase responses.

You have to stop that behavior as soon as the jokes get stale.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kjetting posted:

It was necessary at the time, like most other rules about beating dead horses. The img_timeline ban, page sniping, etc.

If I had to mention two factors that make this community a tad less poo poo than all other online forums and communities, one is the entrance fee, the other is actively discouraging catchphrase responses.

Brother Johnathon was notably bad about cracking down on things constantly, though. He’s a lot of where the “coldly compiling lists” rep of PYF came from.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kjetting posted:

Make "monkey cheese" and "edgy" bannable TIA.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

kjetting posted:

also the fact you get banned/probated for slurs, etc

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Bro Jo gave me a probation for posting a quote from the quote thread in the quote thread, that was kind of funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kjetting posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shifty Nipples posted:

Bro Jo gave me a probation for posting a quote from the quote thread in the quote thread, that was kind of funny.

He tried to probate me for saying nice things in the "bitch about your university" thread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Slippery posted:

also the fact you get banned/probated for slurs, etc

Probably part of why this place didn’t get hit by Russians like 4chan and Reddit did in 2016, tbh. The general crackdown on hate speech left this place with some integrity.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Probably part of why this place didn’t get hit by Russians like 4chan and Reddit did in 2016, tbh. The general crackdown on hate speech left this place with some integrity.

I mean yeah I guess we're smaller now and not exactly on the cutting edge of whatever but better this than become stuffed to the gills with nazis and such

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

kjetting posted:

I see you, you son and/or daughter of a bitch.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are there any current monomaniacal special interest posters who will automatically show up in a thread if certain subjects are mentioned?

I remember for a period of time just mentioning "gun control" magically summoned Le Jackal to any thread, regardless of sub.

More recently there was that transphobic guy, handle was 8-bit something or other, I think, who whenever transgender people came up would have to barge in and go on and on with "Actually, and I'm just asking questions, but, :biotruths:..." until I think he finally ate a ban.

Supernorn magically appeared in C-SPAM while we were discussing Starbound

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If you get banned for a pun it should be called a bun.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you get banned for a pun it should be called a bun.

what if you only get probated for it?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What ever happened to hilarious shitposter John Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Slippery posted:

what if you only get probated for it?

minibun