Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Blasmeister posted:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for making them!
No worries, glad people are finding them useful. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pilchenstein posted:

No worries, glad people are finding them useful. :v:

These are great, good job on being much clearer and more well-spoken than other certain Hitman youtubers I can think of

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zedd posted:

Okay so I got SA-SO on Master during Paris and it only gave me the challenges for that difficulty, don't tell me you need to do it trice. :v:
Coming back to this (thanks for the tips), I messed up Sniper Assassin on Master with regular SA-SO. All sorted and clear now. :)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Heartbreakers: 1-12-4878220-85

Five targets, each of them paired up. I thought i'd go simple for this one, and given that it's a fun challenge it's already head and shoulders above some of the other featured contracts :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp, I learned that:

1. I can't get into the kitchen without anyone noticing
2. Strangling isn't silent
and
3. People can see strangulation through walls anyway

This all combined with 4:

I can take three shots to the chest in Hokkaido compared to 20 anywhere else, apparently lead to

5: Strangling the target on a whim in an empty hallway where everyone on earth heard and saw it and murdered me instantly, because I couldn't get a kitchen staff uniform.

Rip

What actually does determine how much damage 47 takes though because even without plate mail armor I was almost invincible in Sgail to assault rifles and shotguns and immediately fell over and died in Hokkaido to a guy with a pistol. I figured I could at least haul rear end to the evac between strangling and neck snaps like literally every other time I do it but nope! :argh:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 9, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really appreciate these, thanks :)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Did the cheapo poison strat for The Fugitive, got it on the first try. :smaug:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I disguised myself as the director and got the notes from his office. In my game the fugitive was the one that hangs out in the spa.
- I turned up the heat in the spa,
- closed all but one of the doors,
- lured him out, closed the door,
- knocked him out, drowned him in the pool,
- left on the snow speeder.

That was a lot more fun than the first time around, where I just shoved that one guy over the railing over and over.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I sincerely hope they never add any more unlocks for completing featured contracts because god drat is getting the wrench the opposite of fun. The contracts are mostly awful and the menus make it such a loving chore to do. :v:

Edit: I can't even find the featured contract challenges to check my progress, these menus :argh:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 9, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is there another round of featured contracts or just the first batch and the wire hell?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

They're currently taking submissions for the next batch, which will be themed "Heartbreaker" for Valentine's.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there another round of featured contracts or just the first batch and the wire hell?
It's the wire ones I'm doing currently and so far they are all tedious horseshit. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pilchenstein posted:

It's the wire ones I'm doing currently and so far they are all tedious horseshit. :v:

I did the four wire kill in Mumbai and I noticed that though I garroted two people (then it decided I wanted to punch out number three instead of garrote them and I went gently caress it) it only actually though I did one. :shrug:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I finished my Hitman 2 re-play of the old maps, so I moved onto the new maps. Miami is amazing and full of opportunities.
2 hours later: Silent Assassin, Suit Only, Sniper Assassin on Master. :hellyeah:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Smart Car posted:

They're currently taking submissions for the next batch, which will be themed "Heartbreaker" for Valentine's.

Two dozen Soders contracts coming up, then?

E: Master Mode progress report - following the goon guide and I've done up to Miami now. Appreciating the briefcase a lot more and learning some far safer routes than my usual go-tos in the process

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 10, 2019

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nakar posted:

Same. I feel dirty now...but my yukata is so white and clean.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I gave up with the poisoned wine after a half dozen non-target kills, and next attempt went outside and pushed the guy over the railing, which worked... The same as it's been for me every time this target has come up. :shrug:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
for future reference my way of handling the kitchen before getting the unlock for the free uniform (which I had by ET time) was thrown blunt objects

well, often thrown sharp objects because of the free icicles during the snow festival and not caring about SA, but there's at least one easily accessible soda can

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's really easy to pull the guard outside your room in by throwing the scissors by the sink, then with his uniform you can trivially get to the walkway outside that leads to the helipad. There's a crowbar in the room with the sleeping guard and you can use that to get a wrench from the locked cupboard in the hallway. Taking out the two guys in the kitchen is trivial despite the fact that one of them enforces guards.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
After restarting a couple times I decided I would just kill all the bandaged guys until I got the right one.

Drowned one in the toilet after giving him the poisoned wine, no dice. Pushed the second guy off the railing in the garden, yet another non-target kill. Right as I'm walking into the spa and find the last guy, Diana finally pops up telling me to look for a guy with bandaged ears...

When he was standing by the water in the spa, I walked over to a corner where no one was looking at me and beaned him with a thrown hammer from behind. His body slipped into the water, getting me an accident kill.

My first successful ET! :toot:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Zedd posted:

I finished my Hitman 2 re-play of the old maps, so I moved onto the new maps. Miami is amazing and full of opportunities.
2 hours later: Silent Assassin, Suit Only, Sniper Assassin on Master. :hellyeah:

Welcome, murder brother. Enjoy your slay :imunfunny:

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I got the info from the office, then turned the cold water off. Choked him out then dragged him into the pool and ran to the snowmobile. Almost blew SA by accidentally creating an oil leak with an enforcer guard eying me up, but I made it out with SA intact. My mojo is back after I hosed up the Sgail one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

poo poo I had no idea completing The Classics gets you a new suit unlock. I would have grabbed it a lot sooner if I'd known.

Also stop going into Target Lockdown in the clinic, Yuki, go to the loving cable car so I can get Don't Look Down :argh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chief Savage Man posted:

I got the info from the office, then turned the cold water off. Choked him out then dragged him into the pool and ran to the snowmobile. Almost blew SA by accidentally creating an oil leak with an enforcer guard eying me up, but I made it out with SA intact. My mojo is back after I hosed up the Sgail one.

I forgot what thread I was in for a sec and thought you nearly blew up the website.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Got lucky, first try walking around trying to remember where all the targets were when a bandaged guy turns a corner. Emetic'ed him to see if I would be spotted (I wasn't) then followed and drowned him to see if he was the target (he was). I was dressed as a guard because I started on the mountain path, so the only tricky part was almost walking right into the director a couple times, but otherwise an easy SA ET :)

This was my very first ET ever in H1, and it went a lot smoother this time than the first go-round (pushed the wrong guy over the railing, then stabbed the right guy in the spa with a screwdriver before beelining it to the snowmobile exit).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo I had no idea completing The Classics gets you a new suit unlock. I would have grabbed it a lot sooner if I'd known.

Also stop going into Target Lockdown in the clinic, Yuki, go to the loving cable car so I can get Don't Look Down :argh:

Easiest way for that I think is to disguise as the director and do the meeting at the cable car then just knock her out and have her found by a guard.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

start default, exit your suite, punch the nearest guard, take his gun and fire it

enter your suite, go to the balcony, wait for yuki to evac, then shoot the cable car

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Welp, first failed ET of Hitman 2 (even if it was originally a 2016 target).

Got fed up of trying to cheese it after 5 or so attempts at throwing the same guy over a railing, so I decided to hunt for evidence properly. Found that it was the guy having rhinoplasty, who was mostly hanging around the springs. Removed most of the other patients from the area by adjusting the temperature. The target moved towards the spring itself, so I shot him while he was stood behind a wall. As I was moving the body, someone saw me - attempted to run and gun out, changed disguises twice but wasn't successful either time and died nearish the cable car.

Hopefully they'll run another Hokkaido ET at some point so I can get my bathrobe.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Welp, first failed ET of Hitman 2 (even if it was originally a 2016 target).

Got fed up of trying to cheese it after 5 or so attempts at throwing the same guy over a railing, so I decided to hunt for evidence properly. Found that it was the guy having rhinoplasty, who was mostly hanging around the springs. Removed most of the other patients from the area by adjusting the temperature. The target moved towards the spring itself, so I shot him while he was stood behind a wall. As I was moving the body, someone saw me - attempted to run and gun out, changed disguises twice but wasn't successful either time and died nearish the cable car.

Hopefully they'll run another Hokkaido ET at some point so I can get my bathrobe.

couldn't you just run down the slope and exit via snowmobile?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Isn't it always the guy with rhinoplasty? They call it out in the cutscene and everything.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Isn't it always the guy with rhinoplasty? They call it out in the cutscene and everything.
Nah, it can be any of them. It was the guy with bandaged ears for me.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’ve passed all the ETs relatively stealthily and without much hassle so far, but when The Accountant on Colorado comes back around, I am going full Wicker Man on that level.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

where the red fern gropes posted:

couldn't you just run down the slope and exit via snowmobile?

My knowledge of the level went out of the window in favour of panic when things turned south.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I’ve passed all the ETs relatively stealthily and without much hassle so far, but when The Accountant on Colorado comes back around, I am going full Wicker Man on that level.

That...is Christoff Leon

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I forgot what thread I was in for a sec and thought you nearly blew up the website.

I played Team Fortress 2 for five years and now I go insane whenever I read about TitanFall. That's my story.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DalaranJ posted:

I played Team Fortress 2 for five years and now I go insane whenever I read about TitanFall. That's my story.

Same

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Someone please make a contract to kill Soders with a snowball

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nakar posted:

I did this, and then got impatient on the exit and got hit by the poison bug. :bang:

Reminder: When exiting the level right after a poison kill, wait a few seconds for all the messages to scroll by.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I spent over twenty minutes doing this the right way. Didn't realize the director will track you to the restaurant so he can poison himself. Got the files set up for poison, thought I saw the guy go into the sauna so I set up for the spa kill, then I realized he was the railing guy and I could have just killed him in 1 minute from the start.

Take away: I just realized that there's a guy that's playing Pokemon Go (actually Ingress) in Hokkaido. Which is especially funny because hospitals are notorious Pokemon go hotspots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just did the railing push about 15 times before it finally worked. There were a few times where the person just stopped and turned around without even going to that rock.