Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Admiralty Flag posted:

Next month's Marvel solicits:
Moon Knight and Power Man are The Dunning Squad!

Not that it helps, but that was in 1973, so it'd be about US$1,200 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Toshimo posted:

Search your heart and tell me where you think a panel of Moon Knight dropping an F-bomb is from.

Warren Ellis.

(he is in my heart always)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Admiralty Flag posted:

Next month's Marvel solicits:
Moon Knight and Power Man are The Dunning Squad!

I never have gotten around to reading that comic. Does Luke get his money, honey?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doom The Doombot does pay him in the end.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Warren Ellis.

(he is in my heart always)

Then it'd be a bunch of skulls.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Admiralty Flag posted:

Harley on sidekicks (Injustice vol 1 or Injustice Ground Zero, sorry, can't remember which):

Now I'm imagining Bruce and Alfred doing this bit from Venture Bros, and I think you all know who Brock would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3IaSsPcJjc

It's Alfred

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ghostlight posted:

Doom The Doombot does pay him in the end.

Even more valuable, Luke Cage joins the rarefied ranks of Sue Storm and Squirrel Girl, namely people Doom respects. I like to think Doom kept $200 in that credenza just in case Luke showed up in Latveria.

Also Luke doesn't care for your international law jibba-jabber, unlike some square supers:

(I think it's from the Supes vs. Spider-man. There's also a crossover showing Supes failing to catch Doom clumsily jogging down the block to the Latverian Embassy; not sure if this is the same story.)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
The much simpler answer being that Doom is a loving warlock and supes is vulnerable to magic.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

The much simpler answer being that Doom is a loving warlock and supes is vulnerable to magic.
I like to imagine Superman plays up being 'Vulnerable to magic' just to cut down on how often he has to deal with Kryptonite.

"Oh no, please sir, don't make me fight Captain Marvel again. When he punches me with the strength to fold a mountain in half like a playing card, it leaves a bruise!"

I guess it's kind of like making a big deal out of "Is vulnerable to fire" when (depending on the writer at the time) it might still take a flamethrower that would kill anyone else to inconvenience you.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 10, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Admiralty Flag posted:

There's also a crossover showing Supes failing to catch Doom clumsily jogging down the block to the Latverian Embassy

Carefully-worded laws on speed limits.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

Even more valuable, Luke Cage joins the rarefied ranks of Sue Storm and Squirrel Girl, namely people Doom respects. I like to think Doom kept $200 in that credenza just in case Luke showed up in Latveria.

At least this time Doom had cash.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Random Stranger posted:

At least this time Doom had cash.

It would have been better if Doom held up a Latverian bill (denomination doesn't matter; all of them carry Doom's visage).

"What's this say? 'In Doom we trust.' I'm sorry Mr. Doom, but you can't use Monopoly money to prove your ID."

Also I just read the first 5 trades of All-New Wolverine. Please pretend I posted like 75% of panels where Gabby says anything. All characters should indeed be asking "Where's Gabby?" whenever she's not on screen.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Admiralty Flag posted:

Please pretend I posted like 75% of panels where Gabby says anything. All characters should indeed be asking "Where's Gabby?" whenever she's not on screen.

X-23 #009. I would have just posted 75% of the panels she was in, but I don't want to spoil the story if you've only just read ANW. Rest assured she doesn't get any less awesome.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Admiralty Flag posted:

Also I just read the first 5 trades of All-New Wolverine. Please pretend I posted like 75% of panels where Gabby says anything. All characters should indeed be asking "Where's Gabby?" whenever she's not on screen.

:yeah:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

I got around to reading all of All-New Wolverine myself just yesterday entirely because I wanted to read about Gabby. The fact that there's no Honey Badger ongoing is shameful.

I didn't post any panels as I was reading because everyone has posted about how awesome Gabby is already.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What the heck, three bits from ANW, and one doesn't even have Gabby in sight!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Daken being the lovely uncle is pretty great :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Best part about this panel was in the establishing shots I actually went, "They're in Madripoor. Why are they walking through the Tokyo sewer system?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wish that hoodie existed because I would buy it in a snap

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Daken is a good uncle, he's the one that named her Honey Badger.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I know serial killers routinely get redemptive arcs in superhero comics but I still don't approve of a rapist getting one.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thanks to this thread and the recommendations thread, I started reading the Squirrel Girl trades. They are glorious.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Admiralty Flag posted:

Also Luke doesn't care for your international law jibba-jabber, unlike some square supers:

(I think it's from the Supes vs. Spider-man. There's also a crossover showing Supes failing to catch Doom clumsily jogging down the block to the Latverian Embassy; not sure if this is the same story.)

The lesser known Superman & Spider-Man. It also contains a sequence I can't find online for the life of me, where Wonder Woman and Spidey, separately investigating Doom's hideout, run into one another, and Doom comes on the PA and says, "Well done, Spider-Man, my ally! Now kill her, and our plans will be complete!" and Wonder Woman completely falls for it.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The lesser known Superman & Spider-Man. It also contains a sequence I can't find online for the life of me, where Wonder Woman and Spidey, separately investigating Doom's hideout, run into one another, and Doom comes on the PA and says, "Well done, Spider-Man, my ally! Now kill her, and our plans will be complete!" and Wonder Woman completely falls for it.
lol, that's like Hal Jordan levels of stupid. That kid at the FLGS who occasionally wins Magic the Gathering store tourneys could be the master planner of the Justice League if Batman takes a sick day

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Look, she was in a castle in eastern Europe, some guy done up in iron commands some other guy done up in red to kill her...she used her best judgement based on past experiences.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you had a second to decide whether Spider-Man is a good guy or bad guy his costume and name don't scream side of the angels.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

If you had a second to decide whether Spider-Man is a good guy or bad guy his costume and name don't scream side of the angels.

Red and blue = good. This is canon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

Red and blue = good. This is canon.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've been saving this one for the ol' colour conversation

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Wasp has just knocked off Arthur's armor and next will force him to use the torch. Truly the epitome of evil.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

But Wonder Woman can't use this logic, because in the DC universe it's much blurrier. The Joker exists, sure, and Lex Luthor tends to use green power armor when he wears any, but the Justice League includes Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Purple is still kind of an evil-reserved color over there, I guess?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cleretic posted:

But Wonder Woman can't use this logic, because in the DC universe it's much blurrier. The Joker exists, sure, and Lex Luthor tends to use green power armor when he wears any, but the Justice League includes Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Quick rundown from memory...sure I've missed a few obvious ones:

Purple is bad. Mostly purple for Star Sapphire, Parasite, Despero. Purple & green for Joker & Luthor's costumes/armor, plus Brainiac, Riddler, Amazo. Purple & blue: Major Disaster. Yellow & purple: Sinestro

Brown is a pretty good indicator of bad: Scarecrow, Cheetah, Floronic Man (too obvious?)

But green is perfectly fine as a heroic color even with orange or yellow: Aquaman, Hawkpeople, and of course GL/GA/MM

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

This panel is good because it leads to angry Adolf being soothed by anime.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cleretic posted:

Admiralty Flag posted:

Quick rundown from memory...sure I've missed a few obvious ones:

Purple is bad. Mostly purple for Star Sapphire, Parasite, Despero. Purple & green for Joker & Luthor's costumes/armor, plus Brainiac, Riddler, Amazo. Purple & blue: Major Disaster. Yellow & purple: Sinestro

Brown is a pretty good indicator of bad: Scarecrow, Cheetah, Floronic Man (too obvious?)

But green is perfectly fine as a heroic color even with orange or yellow: Aquaman, Hawkpeople, and of course GL/GA/MM

It does seem to hold true outside of the Bat crew though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
And even then, there's got to have been more than one moment of "Of course I fought you, you're dressed in black and you act scary and your name is BAT MAN", right?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Phy posted:

And even then, there's got to have been more than one moment of "Of course I fought you, you're dressed in black and you act scary and your name is BAT MAN", right?

Invincible issue I don't know when (during the big dimension-hopping Angstrom Levy fight)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Admiralty Flag posted:

Invincible issue I don't know when (during the big dimension-hopping Angstrom Levy fight)

Wasn't the conversation he had with Spider-Man? And he called Luke Cage "Black Man" because of it?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Push El Burrito posted:

Wasn't the conversation he had with Spider-Man? And he called Luke Cage "Black Man" because of it?

I never read it but I think the "conversation I already had once today" was with Spider-man. This is just a one panel throwaway gag.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

You're thinking of this panel

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Phy posted:

That has definitely happened in at least one avengers vs justice league book.

e: OH and of course with the power rangers. I saw that that panel ITT.