Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

some configuration of the elite seems likely to appear so i'm prob gonna go

i think the shows tend to go long, but i hope you enjoy it if you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SCU is main eventing an Inspire Pro show in Austin in March so I'm assuming the whole lot of them will be there, too. I gotta see Hunkman Page's beautiful locks in person.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What the hell is Eddie Edwards' gimmick these days? His outfit in that poster looks horrendously "hello, fellow kids"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What the hell is Eddie Edwards' gimmick these days? His outfit in that poster looks horrendously "hello, fellow kids"

Ummm... Sami Callihan hurt him and attacked his wife so he snapped and became obsessed with killing Sami. Even though this seems like a sympathetic thing his wife got upset and left him. Then Tommy Dreamer intervened to try and keep him from making his own mistakes. Then I think he beat Dreamer and Dreamer passed the torch/kendo stick. And being the new Dreamer his buddy Moose backstabbed him and started creeping on his wife. His wife committed him after he nearly killed Moose or something. He met Raven in the psych ward and he gave him some advice to go farther.

So basically he's some deranged Tommy Dreamer thing now. Because I guess Tommy Dreamer is Dusty Rhodes now?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 7, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sami is Raven, Eddie is Dreamer, Alicia is Beulah. It’s really not any more complicated than that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yeah Eddie is unfortunately a Tommy Dreamer tribute act.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sami is Raven, Eddie is Dreamer, Alicia is Beulah. It’s really not any more complicated than that

who's dancin stevie richards, the king of swing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eli Drake got involved recently so maybe its him.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah Eddie is unfortunately a Tommy Dreamer tribute act.

He is so much better than that. What the freak, eddie.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you don't follow OTT this is still a piece of business please check it out.

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Devlin1/status/1093621208896229376

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to a Chikara show for the first time in almost a decade on Sunday and I have no idea what's going on plot or character wise at the moment. This is the lineup

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-20/02-10-2019_national-pro-wrestling-day-2019

Out of them I know KimberLee, Penelope Ford, Los Ice Creams, The Colony, F.I.S.T. (which now looks like it's a shaved head Icarus and the dude from 3.0?), I've heard of Juan Francisco and I guess Missle Assault Ant turned into a Man. Anyone have any basic info about what's going on at the moment? I'm pretty stoked especially since it's literally 15 minutes walking distance away from where I live

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm going to a Chikara show for the first time in almost a decade on Sunday and I have no idea what's going on plot or character wise at the moment. This is the lineup

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-20/02-10-2019_national-pro-wrestling-day-2019

Out of them I know KimberLee, Penelope Ford, Los Ice Creams, The Colony, F.I.S.T. (which now looks like it's a shaved head Icarus and the dude from 3.0?), I've heard of Juan Francisco and I guess Missle Assault Ant turned into a Man. Anyone have any basic info about what's going on at the moment? I'm pretty stoked especially since it's literally 15 minutes walking distance away from where I live

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878771 Gavok's been doing a great job of trying to keep people up to date after each show of the company and this is the most recent thread, made before the next show, this should get you up to speed on a decent amount and the most recent post is a good summary catchup of the card for the next show

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cool thanks!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the austin aaw show is on highspots in 45 minutes

Sami Callihan vs. Curt Stallion

AAW Tag Team Championship Match

AR Fox/Myron Reed vs. PENTA EL 0M/Rey Fenix

Dog Collar Chain Match

Jessicka Havok vs. Jimmy Jacobs

The Rascalz vs. LAX

MJF vs. Andy Dalton

PACO vs. J Serious

Plus:

Besties in the World: Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega

Ricky Starks

Barett Brown

El Fuego Del Sol

Kody Lane

Ryan Davidson

Card Subject To Change

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm imagining PCO doing PAC's flippy poo poo when I read that name.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That's would be a legendary gimmick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

frankenfreak posted:

I'm imagining PCO doing PAC's flippy poo poo when I read that name.
PCO is already trying his best at PAC's spots despite being 30 years and 200 pounds heavier.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

My cousin is the ring announcer for Rocky Mountain Pro and they did a really cool thing.

https://youtu.be/OS5OQDUSgUM

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there anything streaming tonight? For some reason, I thought there was but now I can't remember what it could have been.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1094385623484518401

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The tag match was fun but not much else was too special. Am I the only one who doesn't get Gringo Loco or is he generally accepted as not very good?

Puma King also strikes me as not great the handful of times I've seen him making the outrage over Satin not knowing him last summer pretty funny.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oh no

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1094328253635092482

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh no at those ticket prices

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sure I’ll just send $60 to this PayPal link

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think that promotion is run by a wrestling observer subscriber. I think Bryan Alvarez has worked there.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Listen, pal, for $60 in Vegas and I can have someone shove a bloody tampon in my mouth and grab my dick, why would I want to watch someone else get it?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Sub Rosa posted:

Listen, pal, for $60 in Vegas and I can have someone shove a bloody tampon in my mouth and grab my dick, why would I want to watch someone else get it?

You're overpaying

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m more appalled by the Yahoo address.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching National Pro Wrestling Day on Independent Wrestling/Powerbomb TV and I have to wonder, does anyone actually still care about Chikara or its wrestlers? I can't believe Icarus is still a thing. Has Juan Francisco ever done anything of note? I saw him in person once or twice and he seemed okay, but he's just doing the same act (it seems) as he was doing years ago.

I used to be pretty into the promotion 5 or so years ago, but it all seems so bland now. It just kind of stands out to me how stagnant Chikara feels in comparison to basically every other indie on the planet.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I keep wanting Hallowicked, Frightmare, and Ophidian to get bigger indie profiles but that's about it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

Watching National Pro Wrestling Day on Independent Wrestling/Powerbomb TV and I have to wonder, does anyone actually still care about Chikara or its wrestlers? I can't believe Icarus is still a thing. Has Juan Francisco ever done anything of note? I saw him in person once or twice and he seemed okay, but he's just doing the same act (it seems) as he was doing years ago.

I used to be pretty into the promotion 5 or so years ago, but it all seems so bland now. It just kind of stands out to me how stagnant Chikara feels in comparison to basically every other indie on the planet.

I was there and it was kind of boring to be honest, although we only stayed for the first half anyway because it was way too packed and impossible to move after a while

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

eh it was nice sunday afternoon wrestling. Not everything needs to be a high octane sprint with bridging superplex nearfalls. Chikara does a great job at doing cutesy fun wrestling and using their current roster to full effect. Its a mix of new faces(which is always important) and seasoned vets. Some of the newer wrestlers still haven't found their place yet which is half the fun of watching them wrestle because you might catch the first time they finally "get it"

I thought the stream suffered from bad lighting and camera placement. Looked like a cool venue to catch live, if a bit crowded.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

eh it was nice sunday afternoon wrestling. Not everything needs to be a high octane sprint with bridging superplex nearfalls. Chikara does a great job at doing cutesy fun wrestling and using their current roster to full effect. Its a mix of new faces(which is always important) and seasoned vets. Some of the newer wrestlers still haven't found their place yet which is half the fun of watching them wrestle because you might catch the first time they finally "get it"

That's fair. When I was into Chikara, I was *into* Chikara and keeping up with everything so the stories and characters worked on a different level. They're a bit different than most other indies in that you can't just hit up one of their shows and immediately understand all of the things you're seeing. Definitely more long-term story-driven and not as accessible as a quick watch.

One thing I do know, though, is the more places that book Willow Nightingale the better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OjavRUEmg

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I keep wanting Hallowicked, Frightmare, and Ophidian to get bigger indie profiles but that's about it.
Hallowicked has been hailed as a Cesaro level talent from the beginning of the time, everyone talks about how he's the wrestler's wrestler and so drat good but never escaped the CHIKARA atmosphere, the same as Ultramantis and Ophidian being hailed as incredible talent but they rarely branch out from CHIKARA.

When Frightmare hit the scene I thought he'd be one of the best cruiserweights of the era but he got injured, came back a lot heavier, and lost tons of momentum but CHIKARA's BDK era undoubtedly boosted so many stars as kings of the indies despite most of them never getting the shot they deserved.

I might have just been drinking too much of the kool-aide but I feel like Quack was a fantastic booker at the time with great talent and put on some of the best shows of that era.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They should do all their title matches like this.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/bahufmw/status/1094941081303691264

oh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The loving king.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

15 of the 16 names for WXW's 16 Carat Gold tournament have been announced: